It seems like from one of the promo videos for the BlackBerry Leap that there will be a Native Amazon App Store.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by motec bb; 04-26-15 at 12:54 AM.
    04-26-15 12:23 AM
    And if so, are Z and Q users gonna get it?

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 12:55 AM
    What do you mean native?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:33 AM
    Why would they do that? Only BlackBerry phones can run BB10 native apps, so why the need for another store when you already have BlackBerry World?
    04-26-15 02:41 AM
    Maybe a misunderstanding?

My take is BB releasing the Leap having the Amazon App store pre-loaded, so available out of the box to install android apps and not needing the user to download the store.

On the other hand, if the Amazon App store really does start to hold BB10 native apps, I'd interpret that as BB being about to close BBW. As said above, you don't need two native BB10 app stores.
    04-26-15 05:17 AM
    No I think what the OP means is that the app itself for the Amazon App Store would be Native. Right now the Amazon App Store app, pre-installed in the Leap is an Android App, it works fine on BB10 as do most android apps, but it's slow and choppy sometimes. Compare that to Snap, which is a Google Play clone of sorts, but the Snap app itself is a native BB10 app. Snap is fast loading and runs just as smooth as BlackBerry World does because it is a native app. Amazon would still carry android apps, BlackBerry World would still carry BlackBerry apps, but the Amazon App Store would upload and run so much faster and downloading apps would be quick. I haven't heard anything about this. Personally I think that would be a great idea. Realistically, not sure if Amazon would agree to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 06:40 AM
    No I think what the OP means is that the app itself for the Amazon App Store would be Native. Right now the Amazon App Store app, pre-installed in the Leap is an Android App, it works fine on BB10 as do most android apps, but it's slow and choppy sometimes. Compare that to Snap, which is a Google Play clone of sorts, but the Snap app itself is a native BB10 app. Snap is fast loading and runs just as smooth as BlackBerry World does because it is a native app. Amazon would still carry android apps, BlackBerry World would still carry BlackBerry apps, but the Amazon App Store would upload and run so much faster and downloading apps would be quick. I haven't heard anything about this. Personally I think that would be a great idea. Realistically, not sure if Amazon would agree to it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that was exactly what I was asking.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 07:06 AM
    This is the video I was referring to.

The amazon app store looks too smooth not to be native. But at second glance it is still structured like a android app so dunno...

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    04-26-15 07:18 AM
    Yes that was exactly what I was asking.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    I got you! I knew what you were talking about. I've been wondering why they haven't done this and the only thing I can think of is that the agreement between BlackBerry and Amazon is hands off, meaning that Amazon only gives BlackBerry users access to their app without promising anything in regards to the apps or support for them on bb10 devices. Maybe we'll see a snap like app, an unofficial Amazon App clone. That would work!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:08 AM
    This is the video I was referring to.

The amazon app store looks too smooth not to be native. But at second glance it is still structured like a android app so dunno...

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    Hey, nope! I've seen this video. That is not a native Amazon App Store app. The reason it appears to run so smoothly is because he already had the app open. Pay close attention to the video and you'll see that both BlackBerry World and the Amazon App open in Active Frames.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:37 AM
    BTW, most of the lag in android apps is in launching after they've been launched it runs pretty smoothly. That's why they already had it open in Active Frames. So the viewer doesn't have to. See how long it takes to open.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:43 AM