For an even better laugh she should compare the iphone6 to the iphone4S.
    09-13-14 08:47 AM
    You realize this is a joke right? These videos are all dryly sarcastic
    This was what I was thinking. Anyways, she still holds on to her old BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:04 AM
    Why doesn't she compare the latest iPhone with a Nokia 3310???

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 11:14 AM
    Foolish, foolish woman.

Whoever is leading marketing campaign for BlackBerry should be all over this... I would also expect a call to be placed to the ceo of National l Post and make him aware of this completely lopsided comparison.

Imagine this:

A 2014 car compared to a 2009
    A 2014 Television compared to a 2009
    A 2014 laptop compared to a 2009.

This is an insult to the readers of the FP. Shame on National Post for allowing such a ridiculous comparison.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    Foolish, foolish darylsuds. Watch the video again. It's

A) Satire

And

B) A plea to national post to upgrade their employees' handsets. Her last line says it all.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-13-14 09:11 PM
    Oh Please.. I have gone to local training that Blackberry put on for free in migrating to BES10. All the local big users where there. They also have the resources and offerings to get BES10 up and running. It was an easy process for our company and I did the whole thing myself in a few hours. So if corporate don't want to upgrade, they they are not trying..
    I work for the largest bank in the country. About 275,500 employees. Albeit, not everyone has issues blackberrys. But we just finally got bb10 Q10 phones about a month ago. Things tend to move slowly in the corporate world. Just not a lot of incentive to invest when the technology is already there and it works.
    09-13-14 09:28 PM
    I swear I heard this woman on talk radio Friday night on my drive home. It did sound like a bit of a joke the way they were comparing the devices. However a lot of people wouldn't "get" the joke because 1. Its not funny and 2. She presents herself as a reporter from NP's technology dept. It made me angry hearing it I remember thinking "why the hell are they directly comparing a 2014 phone to a 2009 BlackBerry? What passes for journalism these days is pathetic.

Sent from my Z10. Or was it my Q10? Either way, it was sent from an awesome phone.
    09-15-14 01:30 PM
    I swear I heard this woman on talk radio Friday night on my drive home. It did sound like a bit of a joke the way they were comparing the devices. However a lot of people wouldn't "get" the joke because 1. Its not funny and 2. She presents herself as a reporter from NP's technology dept. It made me angry hearing it I remember thinking "why the hell are they directly comparing a 2014 phone to a 2009 BlackBerry? What passes for journalism these days is pathetic.

Sent from my Z10. Or was it my Q10? Either way, it was sent from an awesome phone.
    If she actually had the talent to have made it funny, like JC , then none of what she did would have been a problem.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-15-14 07:26 PM
    Is this lady sure that she's a tech savvy? Laaaaaaaaawl

Hehehe
    09-16-14 11:48 AM

Is this lady sure that she's a tech savvy? Laaaaaaaaawl

Hehehe
    No, she doesn't pass herself off as being from the tech department, nor does she say she's tech savvy. She says UP FRONT that she covers politics and social issues. I really don't understand how people aren't comprehending that this isn't supposed to be taken seriously at all. Does "I'll be comparing it to the iPhone 6, not the 6+ because that one's stupid" REALLY sound like this is an actual tech article? This whole thing sounds like it's an in-joke for National Post employees.
    09-16-14 03:15 PM
    No, she doesn't pass herself off as being from the tech department, nor does she say she's tech savvy. She says UP FRONT that she covers politics and social issues. I really don't understand how people aren't comprehending that this isn't supposed to be taken seriously at all. Does "I'll be comparing it to the iPhone 6, not the 6+ because that one's stupid" REALLY sound like this is an actual tech article? This whole thing sounds like it's an in-joke for National Post employees.
    It's just because it's furthering the perspective that a BlackBerry is a phone from 2009. Most people have no idea BB10 even exists, so it kind of hits a nerve.

The only safe way to do this would be to compare that old BlackBerry to a new one. Or better yet, take the old BlackBerry out of the equation and replace it with a flip phone. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 03:29 PM
    Everybody back off from the cliff here. I am a regular NP reader and all the videos she does are sarcastic/humour videos feigned as serious reporting.
    LOL! Thanks. I, for one, did not realize that. I was actually thinking that she has to insane to compare phones that are years apart.
    09-16-14 03:57 PM
    Oh my god, the horror!! Some one made a joke about a phone. Lynch her!! Better yet, publicly flog her!! Give me a break.
    09-16-14 09:29 PM
    The thing about jokes is they have to be funny. This video was not funny.
    Actually it was.

It's interesting how BlackBerry loyalists seem to complete list their sense of humor when it comes to any said about BlackBerry. At the same time they claim that hoping a company gets hacked after they drop BlackBerry as their mobile provider is somehow hilarious.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    donnation and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-16-14 09:36 PM
    Oh my god, the horror!! Some one made a joke about a phone. Lynch her!! Better yet, publicly flog her!! Give me a break.
    I'm with you 100%.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-16-14 09:37 PM
    Its a big joke for me. But why does she have to do this? It's just very funny.

Hehehe
    09-17-14 11:38 AM
    Unfortunately, even if she was truly being sarcastic and poking fun at iphone 6 it still subconsciously reinforces a negative imagine of BlackBerry . The BlackBerry phone she uses reminds and reinforces the image people of what they think of as a BlackBerry. Old tech.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:19 PM
    I've said it once and I'll say it again...CrackBerry lacks a sense of humor.

Chill out!