Brutal...what a piece of garbage journalism. I'm having a hard time calling it journalism

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-10-14 06:52 PM
    Lots of things flying over people's heads these days
    TGR1, pantlesspenguin and pri79269 like this.
    09-10-14 06:56 PM
    Even if it was a joke post. Who the **** gets their comedy from National Post?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    scmcc16 likes this.
    09-10-14 07:08 PM
    Unfortunately though since BlackBerry has been so inept about getting the new BES and Bb10 ready enough for businesses to upgrade these corporate users still think BlackBerry is still a 9700 or 9900 and not the newer BB10 devices. BlackBerry has done a horrible job with the BB10 deployment and marketing.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-10-14 07:10 PM
    Unfortunately though since BlackBerry has been so inept about getting the new BES and Bb10 ready enough for businesses to upgrade these corporate users still think BlackBerry is still a 9700 or 9900 and not the newer BB10 devices. BlackBerry has done a horrible job with the BB10 deployment and marketing.

Oh Please.. I have gone to local training that Blackberry put on for free in migrating to BES10. All the local big users where there. They also have the resources and offerings to get BES10 up and running. It was an easy process for our company and I did the whole thing myself in a few hours. So if corporate don't want to upgrade, they they are not trying..
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-10-14 08:23 PM
    Clip won't play for me so I couldn't see her content.

Did she at least have valid points that an iphone 6 would make her more productive? I mean as a journalist, she should be writing more emails than play Angry birds.

Just confuses me when companies want their workers to be productive, but then give them a toy, or additional functions that distract rather than make more useful.
    09-10-14 09:08 PM
    She's quite the trashy mouth one at that... Not really a classy lady at all.
    I always got the impression journalists typically had trashy mouths... just didn't get printed. Christie Blatchford implies it all the time when referring to old stories or the "boys club", IMO.
    09-10-14 09:12 PM
    Need a video compa ring the 3gs to the z10 and the iPhone 4 to the z30

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 09:19 PM
    Someone should tell her to update her 9700 to OS6... Geez, she really has no clue about anything!

Truth be told, the problem is that although it might be a joke, there is actually people out there who think BlackBerry is nothing but old devices...

I've lost count of the times someone tried to trash my BB, based on their past experience with an 8520 curve or even worse, wait for it... An 8100 Pearl!!! Then they just dismiss my Z30 out of ignorance. I see a lot of ignorance in this video.

Joke or not, this video does trash BlackBerry and should be addressed in a serious manner.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-10-14 10:25 PM
    Do you guys actually think someone would compare phones over a 5 year gap?? It's so obviously a joke... I didn't find it humorous but some people might. If I was to guess, she is in good humor trying to get National Post to give her a new phone. Think able it, honestly

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 10:52 PM
    Lame, that's all
    09-10-14 11:06 PM
    She's trying to pass this off as humorous parodying but falls flat on her big flat face.

All she's done her make herself look like an ungrateful whiney ***** over the fact that her employers haven't upgraded their company BlackBerrys in 5 years. Does she know there's a global recession on? #PaidTooMuchForMakingSelfServingJunkLikeThis

Oh and she's obviously now incurred the wrath of an entire tech community ever thirsty for the blood of the none believers. Does she know what's she's in for? #StoneTheWitch

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    09-10-14 11:17 PM
    I also posted this today. I was more confused by it then anything? Plus, if I knew her work beforehand, I would have had a different reaction. In the end, it looks to be more of a inside humor deal with her work place.

If BlackBerry hadn't gone through all the ignorance of the media beforehand, we would have most likely just passed right by this without a thought. Sadly, it just brings back memories of this company getting slammed for the fun of it. So yes, I can see why people would be a bit enraged by the thought of going through all of that again.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    JG_Agustin and Bsbudd like this.
    09-10-14 11:59 PM
    I also posted this today. I was more confused by it then anything? Plus, if I knew her work beforehand, I would have had a different reaction. In the end, it looks to be more of a inside humor deal with her work place.

If BlackBerry hadn't gone through all the ignorance of the media beforehand, we would have most likely just passed right by this without a thought. Sadly, it just brings back memories of this company getting slammed for the fun of it. So yes, I can see why people would be a bit enraged by the thought of going through all of that again.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Again? When did it stop lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-11-14 12:21 AM
    Dis *****...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:49 AM
    Oh Please.. I have gone to local training that Blackberry put on for free in migrating to BES10. All the local big users where there. They also have the resources and offerings to get BES10 up and running. It was an easy process for our company and I did the whole thing myself in a few hours. So if corporate don't want to upgrade, they they are not trying..
    You are IT. I'm talking about the average corporate user who is still using a work issued BBOS device. BES10 was missing many features regulated markets wanted at launch. They have it now, but it is still a 2 server solution. BES12 will be the integrated solution. Requiring multiple servers has probably been the biggest barrier to deployment IMHO. BES isn't just being used by big guys, it it used by smaller shops that want a single MDM solution.

I'm also talking about the average consumer that doesn't know that BlackBerry10 is different from BBOS. BlackBerry through the phones over the wall and expected them to sell because they were BlackBerry.

09-11-14 07:55 AM
    You are IT. I'm talking about the average corporate user who is still using a work issued BBOS device. BES10 was missing many features regulated markets wanted at launch. They have it now, but it is still a 2 server solution. BES12 will be the integrated solution. Requiring multiple servers has probably been the biggest barrier to deployment IMHO. BES isn't just being used by big guys, it it used by smaller shops that want a single MDM solution.

I'm also talking about the average consumer that doesn't know that BlackBerry10 is different from BBOS. BlackBerry through the phones over the wall and expected them to sell because they were BlackBerry.

Oh please again.. Any company that is large enough to require BES has migrated to virtual servers and has an Microsoft enterprise server license to run all kinds of servers. Even smaller shops should be using VMware to make their server administration and upgrading simpler. And now with Cloud BES, really small shops can get on BES10 without the need for a single server. So you really haven't thought it out before posting about all the problems, which don't actually exist. So where is this 2 server problem that you say exists? I have already solved them for you.
    09-11-14 10:45 AM
    09-11-14 03:26 PM
    Oh please again.. Any company that is large enough to require BES has migrated to virtual servers and has an Microsoft enterprise server license to run all kinds of servers. Even smaller shops should be using VMware to make their server administration and upgrading simpler. And now with Cloud BES, really small shops can get on BES10 without the need for a single server. So you really haven't thought it out before posting about all the problems, which don't actually exist. So where is this 2 server problem that you say exists? I have already solved them for you.
    BES Cloud isn't GA yet. I'm glad that the way you and your company do business is the same as everyone else. If it wasn't an issue, then BES12 wouldn't be integrating the two into one. But go on and tell me how all businesses and IT shops work just like yours. Also that massive BB10 adoption in business to show that it isn't a barrier.

09-11-14 04:00 PM
    BES Cloud isn't GA yet. I'm glad that the way you and your company do business is the same as everyone else. If it wasn't an issue, then BES12 wouldn't be integrating the two into one. But go on and tell me how all businesses and IT shops work just like yours. Also that massive BB10 adoption in business to show that it isn't a barrier.

I don't agree that there are serious technical barriers to BES10 adoption in Enterprise. Any IT department worth paying should be using virtual servers by now meaning that spinning up a new server should only take a matter of minutes at a low cost. If your BES5 server is up to spec you can install BES10 on it anyway. The installation and configuration is far simpler than BES5 with its proprietary Mail Server interfacing bizzareness.

BlackBerry are properly integrating legacy BES5 in to BES12 not because the current split situation is the single barrier to adoption, or even a barrier to adoption at all, but as part of several improvements that they hope when combined will help the adoption problem by reducing the perception of there being barriers in the first place. That's what has got out of hand, the perception that it's inconvenient and complicated the way it is right now.

There isn't one single reason that BES10 and BB10 adoption in Enterprise isn't good enough and the reasons vary from one Enterprise sector to another, from country to country and from continent to continent.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-11-14 05:33 PM
    I don't agree that there are serious technical barriers to BES10 adoption in Enterprise. Any IT department worth paying should be using virtual servers by now meaning that spinning up a new server should only take a matter of minutes at a low cost. If your BES5 server is up to spec you can install BES10 on it anyway. The installation and configuration is far simpler than BES5 with its proprietary Mail Server interfacing bizzareness.

BlackBerry are properly integrating legacy BES5 in to BES12 not because the current split situation is the single barrier to adoption, or even a barrier to adoption at all, but as part of several improvements that they hope when combined will help the adoption problem by reducing the perception of there being barriers in the first place. That's what has got out of hand, the perception that it's inconvenient and complicated the way it is right now.

There isn't one single reason that BES10 and BB10 adoption in Enterprise isn't good enough and the reasons vary from one Enterprise sector to another, from country to country and from continent to continent.

^ This and exactly what I was saying.
    09-11-14 07:05 PM

Well the boldest section you proved my point. I know it isn't hard to setup additional servers, and many in IT like having more things to do and work on (job security). But I also know, dealing in IT myself contracting to the federal government , that when you go to management saying you need additional resources to implement something, they often times anymore would prefer to not do anything so they can "save money", even if in the long run it will save money,, because that is the big thing right now in government evaluations right now. In agencies with regular rotations these people don't care about three years ROI plus because it is harder for them to take credit for that. Again it is a barrier to adoption, even though not a technically difficult one, perception one.

Last edited by lnichols; 09-12-14 at 09:39 AM.
    09-12-14 05:33 AM
    Well the boldest section you proved my point. I know it isn't hard to setup additional servers, and many in IT like having more things to do and work on (job security). But I also know, dealing in IT myself contracting to the federal government , that when you go to management saying you need additional resources to implement something, they often times anymore would prefer to not do anything so they can "save money", even if in the long run it will save money,, because that is the big thing right now in government evaluations right now. In agencies with regular rotations these people don't care about three years ROI plus because it is harder for them to take credit for that. Again it is a barrier to adoption, even though not a technically difficult one, perception one.

So now you hold the federal government as the model for enterprise? LOL
    09-12-14 06:03 AM
    dealing in IT myself contracting to the federal government , that when you go to management saying you need additional resources to implement something, they often times anymore would prefer to not do anything so they can "save money", even if in the long run it will save money,, because that is the big thing right now in government evaluations right now. In agencies with regular rotations these people don't care about three years ROI plus because it is harder for them to take credit for that. Again it is a barrier to adoption, even though not a technically difficult one, perception one.
    So now you hold the federal government as the model for enterprise? LOL
    Just what I was thinking, that's not a good model. At least in UK Government there is now the understanding and promotion of invest to save and ROI. We've moved on because we've learned that with technology cut, cut and cut some more all upfront leaves you in tatters and unable to deliver anything in the modern world.

09-12-14 07:23 AM
    Foolish, foolish woman.

Whoever is leading marketing campaign for BlackBerry should be all over this... I would also expect a call to be placed to the ceo of National l Post and make him aware of this completely lopsided comparison.

Imagine this:

A 2014 car compared to a 2009
    A 2014 Television compared to a 2009
    A 2014 laptop compared to a 2009.

This is an insult to the readers of the FP. Shame on National Post for allowing such a ridiculous comparison.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    09-13-14 08:19 AM
70 123