Ok, so my qeustion is: Can you download and put custom 3rd party apps on a blackberry? now i have never owned a smart phone but i have had this feeling you could do this on smart phones. also every one is making a big hoopla about that app store for the iphone. and i was thinking that other smart phones probably could do this but it isnt as hyped or well known
    07-12-08 09:02 AM
    Yes, you can download and put 3rd party apps on your BB. (Just make sure you don't overload your available memory.)
    07-12-08 09:04 AM
    Yes, you can download and put 3rd party apps on your BB. (Just make sure you don't overload your available memory.)
    cool. so are there like twitter apps, AIM apps, and facebook apps? can i find them on this website?
    07-12-08 09:17 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Check out the CB store & Handango for apps. If you do a search, there are several threads on this site about favorite apps.

Like Kathryn said, watch your memory. You can find the free file memory here: Options > Status. You need to maintain it above 10MB.
    07-12-08 09:20 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Check out the CB store & Handango for apps. If you do a search, there are several threads on this site about favorite apps.

Like Kathryn said, watch your memory. You can find the free file memory here: Options > Status. You need to maintain it above 10MB.
    oh thank you. but if i buy a sd card for my BB when i get one will i be able to put even more on it?
    07-12-08 09:25 AM
    The BBs are designed so that the only thing you can put on a card is media (video, music, ringtones, & photographs). There is an application that will store programs on the card, but then you'd have to upload the program back to the BB to be able to use the program.

When you get your BB, be sure to check out the numerous threads on this site on How To Increase Memory.
    07-12-08 10:02 AM
    Pretty much all smartphones have a wide selection of 3rd party apps. The reason for all the hype of the IPhone app store is that before now apple wouldn't allow 3rd party apps. I have yet to look at the titles available but my guess its more hype than anything else. I don't think the iPhone has anything over any other except maybe it is more meant as a phone with an iPod in one. At least that is the impression I got from advertisements before they gave in and allowed 3rd party apps. There are 1000s of apps out there on each platform that I know of. I have found several sites that have blackberry apps. I posted them in a very recent reply to another thread. I'd have to go back and check which one otherwise I would copy them here as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 10:55 AM
    ok cool. thank you guys for the info
    07-12-08 11:35 AM
    Check out the crackberry store. If there is an app you want google it, chances are it exists .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 11:37 AM
    cool. so are there like twitter apps, AIM apps, and facebook apps? can i find them on this website?
    Here ya go bud... this may help http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    07-12-08 11:39 AM
    Welcome.
    Another BB, CB, addict.
    This is definately the spot to go for all you Q&A.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')
    07-12-08 12:14 PM
    you guys are so nice! i cant wait to ditch my voyager, even though i still like it
    Here ya go bud... this may help 21096
    oh thanx man!!!
    07-13-08 08:07 PM
    bplay is pretty good
    07-13-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD