My Z10 has being without sound for the past five days and this kind of put me off, i have been missing some calls.
    01-09-14 09:25 AM
    somebody help me
    01-09-14 09:26 AM
    pleaseeeessssssss
    01-09-14 09:27 AM
    Have your Z10 falled from your hands 5 days after all this happend? Sorry for my bad english :P

Posted via my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-09-14 09:48 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset?
    01-09-14 11:13 AM
    Did you do anything before it happened? Have you dbl checked sound settings? Need a LOT more info if you want help. Maybe the ring tone is a bad file. Try changing to different sound. Maybe you turned sounds off by mistake. Maybe you spilled apple juice on the speaker. Give us more information because as it is there is no way for someone to help you. And we DEFINITELY need to know everything that you have done to try and fix this.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:18 AM
    Just put your hands free in and out two or three times and wait for a day or two and tried this again and again... it was the only thing that worked for me

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:21 AM
    My sound quit yesterday after using a new Bluetooth headset,did a reset and all is well again.

Z10,Playbook
    01-09-14 11:24 AM
    After I updated Sayit, my Z30 lost all sound.

My theory is that since it is running headless, the phone thinks there is media open, so for example when you have the volume keys set to adjust notification volume, and sayit is running headless, the volume still controls media and not notifications. After a little troubleshooting here is what I found:

If sayit is running headless, and you press the middle button to activate sayit, then go and play music or a video, there is no sound, but if you press the middle again to I guess close your sayit request, then go play a song or video, your sound is back. So effectively when you are pressing the middle key to use sayit, but forget to close the sayit request, you have no sound because I guess the device is trying to take in your sayit request, however if you close the sayit request by pressing the key a second time, sayit is no longer active so you get your sound back.

Edit: after playing around more I have confirmed that this is most likely what is happening:

I have my volume control set to control notification volume.

Sayit running headless

If I press the middle button to activate sayit, then try to adjust notification volume, it adjusts media volume not notification volume, and if I play a song or a video there is no sound.

If I press the middle button again to stop sayit, then try and adjust the volume it now adjusts the notification volume again, and if I play a song or video my sound is back.

So in essence, when you purposely or accidentally hit the middle button once, it opens a sayit request (for lack of a better term), and this makes the phone think there is media running, so it's like if your playing a song, then play a video, the song stops and video takes priority, or the other way around, so sayit must be taking priority over media, then when you close the sayit request, the media mode or whatever sayit is taking control of stops, and you can continue on with your other media.

Not sure if I would classify this is a bug or just user error for opening and not closing the sayit request. But maybe there should be a timeout, or something in the top to show sayit is open and accepting a voice request. Maybe make the media "play" icon show up to signify sayit is actively listening? And then that can show a user they need to close the request.

I'm running 1055 leak. Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to be clear with my findings to help the dev out.

Edit2: sorry but another finding, if I am playing a song and there is sound, and then press the middle key to make a sayit "request", it cuts off the music sound until I close the sayit request. What I find weird with this though is that it doesn't pause or stop the song, it just cuts out the sound and the song keeps playing with no soynd, and when I close the sayit "request" by pressing the middle button again, the song sound comes back on.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    f1mx likes this.
    01-09-14 11:27 AM
    My friends z10 speaker want working,, also lost sound. Found in the net that you had to turn it over ad give it several hard slaps on the back by the speaker. Started working again. guess something got lose on there.

Z30, a bit in the heavy side but the Carbonate beta case rocks!
    01-09-14 11:45 AM
    I lost my sound after recent Sayit update. See above poster for fix.
    01-09-14 11:51 AM
    Have you recently had headphones plugged in? Try plugging some in and see if you have sound

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    01-09-14 11:56 AM
    Lost mine after updating SayIt, too, but my wife also lost sound, but I don't think she did the SayIt update. Weird. A reboot fixed it.
    01-09-14 12:29 PM
    I had this problem with sayit. Turn off background mode and stop the background process. I then got my sound back.
    01-09-14 01:08 PM
    I had the similar experience as others after installing the sayit update.
    01-09-14 05:38 PM
    I have installed the latest say it update to and I as well have lost my sounds!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:31 PM
    Have you gotten your ears checked? How do you know it's you'd z10

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-09-14 09:27 PM
    You're *

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:27 PM
    Yes me too with the new update of say it my Z 10 went all screwy, no sound and I couldn't get into my dam phone period. I mean like couldn't even get the lock screen to cone up. Real **** off . Shut of the running in the back ground option in say it after a hard rest and all is back to normal now.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 09:14 AM
    I had this issue with my Z10 and it pops up from time to time .. what you do

1. Play a song or video or something with sound

2. Take the battery door off

3. Pinch just under the battery and above the speaker until the sound comes back on

I hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 12:59 PM
    I have installed the latest say it update to and I as well have lost my sounds!!!

Posted via CB10
    So uninstall say it.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:50 PM
    Sir, I salute you. Now I understand my phone wasn't ringing any more. I am going to turn off SayIt

After I updated Sayit, my Z30 lost all sound.

My theory is that since it is running headless, the phone thinks there is media open, so for example when you have the volume keys set to adjust notification volume, and sayit is running headless, the volume still controls media and not notifications. After a little troubleshooting here is what I found:

If sayit is running headless, and you press the middle button to activate sayit, then go and play music or a video, there is no sound, but if you press the middle again to I guess close your sayit request, then go play a song or video, your sound is back. So effectively when you are pressing the middle key to use sayit, but forget to close the sayit request, you have no sound because I guess the device is trying to take in your sayit request, however if you close the sayit request by pressing the key a second time, sayit is no longer active so you get your sound back.

Edit: after playing around more I have confirmed that this is most likely what is happening:

I have my volume control set to control notification volume.

Sayit running headless

If I press the middle button to activate sayit, then try to adjust notification volume, it adjusts media volume not notification volume, and if I play a song or a video there is no sound.

If I press the middle button again to stop sayit, then try and adjust the volume it now adjusts the notification volume again, and if I play a song or video my sound is back.

So in essence, when you purposely or accidentally hit the middle button once, it opens a sayit request (for lack of a better term), and this makes the phone think there is media running, so it's like if your playing a song, then play a video, the song stops and video takes priority, or the other way around, so sayit must be taking priority over media, then when you close the sayit request, the media mode or whatever sayit is taking control of stops, and you can continue on with your other media.

Not sure if I would classify this is a bug or just user error for opening and not closing the sayit request. But maybe there should be a timeout, or something in the top to show sayit is open and accepting a voice request. Maybe make the media "play" icon show up to signify sayit is actively listening? And then that can show a user they need to close the request.

I'm running 1055 leak. Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to be clear with my findings to help the dev out.

Edit2: sorry but another finding, if I am playing a song and there is sound, and then press the middle key to make a sayit "request", it cuts off the music sound until I close the sayit request. What I find weird with this though is that it doesn't pause or stop the song, it just cuts out the sound and the song keeps playing with no soynd, and when I close the sayit "request" by pressing the middle button again, the song sound comes back on.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:49 PM
    I too lost all sound and without reading these posts thought Sayit may be the culprit (timing with new update). I deleted it and was going to try re installing but can't find it in BlackBerry world. Guess it was pulled until they figure it out?

...we are all connected...
    01-13-14 10:24 PM
    Anyone running into this sound issue in 10.2.1.2141?

I have the problem twice since updating yesterday. Both time, it happens after playing music, using my headset. Its stuck in "headset mode". I can see that its in headset mode, even if the headset is pulled out, by pressing the volume key: it says headset volume... when it should say media volume.

Reboot help... i tried other ways such was calling someone and switch to handset or speakerphone but after i end the call, it goes back to headset mode.

My phone flawlessly detects the headset when its not playing music. basically with nothing playing, if I plug it in and unplug, it would flawlessly switch from headset mode to normal. I tested multiple times.

Til now, it only happened to me twice after playing music with the headset on. but i cant replicate the problem each time... i cant seem to nail what exactly causes it.
    03-04-14 08:50 AM
    HI Bobshine,
    Yes, to your question about your stated problem.. I have OS 10.2.1.2273 ver, release OS 10.2.1.2279 on my STL100-3 phones all three of them are having the same issue because of the Audio port where I have been inserting a Square and PayPal dongle.. The Audio becomes locked in headset mode. When a call comes in if I have a headset plugged in I get sound Only thru Headset. In conjunction being caused by the dongle use , etc. My only resolve is to do a Restart and if that does not fix it have to do a complete Shut Down, then either of these two when Z is back up, All is back to normal.. As you stated it does not do this Issue each and every time. It is Random.. and Aggravating . Having to Restart or Shut down. It appears to be a Hardware Softwear issue as well to the OS 10.2.1.xxxx version. Earlier versions I had not experienced this issue.
    06-01-14 09:02 PM
26 12