They have converted all their Blackberrys away from the BES server and moving away from all Blackberry handsets. I was one of the last to hold onto mine until they dragged me to IT today and give me an IPhone .

Lucky I still have my Z30 for a personal phone and my play book

And it's a girly looking White IPhone to make it worse
    hakimmmmm likes this.
    05-15-14 04:26 AM
    How very sad. Good luck coping with the change.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    05-15-14 04:43 AM
    Hahahahahaha that sucks.

But it's sad too.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:27 AM
    They are doing the same thing at my work. However I do believe we can get a BlackBerry 10 phone with special approval. They moved away from BES and now there is an app for our security on the iPhone. I do not understand how this decision relates to efficiency or responsibility as we could have leveraged the assets we already had with BES 5.x and we knew that the security was second to none. The headquarters are in the US and I believe they just thought BlackBerry was dead or wanted to believe it (they say that ship has sailed). As a die hard fan of the productivity and security of BlackBerry I find this really disappointing. However I have a feeling no one really approach my company which has over 75,000 employees globally. Sure hope Mr. Chen has his team take care of this type of issue rather quickly.
    Worse still is I have told folks I would not use iPhone so when this old Bold 9900 dies I may be forced to. Of course the comments start flying 'this iPhone is way better than BlackBerry '. They are comparing first generation Torches or earlier and some Bold 9900's to ios 7 and iPhone 5s. I usually let them know that they are comparing apples to oranges. Sorry for the rant but (in not such a concise way) I am saying I feel for you OP.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:44 AM
    Ssme at my wife's job. They've had blackberry for I dont know how long and they have begun a transition to iPhone 5s.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-15-14 05:54 AM
    I found out yesterday that some of my clients whom I contract to and use their email servers have told me that I can't use my z10 or z30 with their new custom apps which are designed for the iPhone 5 series. Looks like I am going back to the Apple platform whether I want to or not. I am not going to be forced to carry two phones because Blackberry has chosen to put their resources into the emerging markets and companies here in the USA see this and are going elsewhere.

So, it looks like the z10 and z30 are going on Craigslist today and I am back to using an iPhone 5s and BBM for IOS so I can still stay connected to my BBM groups. Oh well, T-Mobile and Blackberry on the outs here in the USA and now this, doesn't surprise me one bit.

As I have said many times before, the brand is all but dead here in the USA and the longer Blackberry takes to revive the brand here, the older user base is shrinking day by day. By the time they decide to make a move here to revive it, they will be a forgotten memory. Sad but very true.
    05-15-14 06:08 AM
    Canadian Members of Parliament are also given the choice between iPhone and BlackBerry.

Not sure how that will impact BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    anon3969612 likes this.
    05-15-14 06:16 AM
    My workplace is also ditching BlackBerry. However, they are not going for the iphone they are switching to Windows 8.1 phones.
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    05-15-14 07:07 AM
    IPhone is not a bad phone...but it surely feels like a downgrade from BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:11 AM
    IPhone is not a bad phone...but it surely feels like a downgrade from BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I wish more people would think like that, I've been trying to get an even trade with my z for an iphone 5 for the longest now with no luck!!!!...lol

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Lendo likes this.
    05-15-14 07:21 AM
    Take stress leave because you feel emasculated, lol. Seriously though, this is the reason BlackBerry needs to hammer down on enterprise before it's too late. Personally I laugh at anyone using an iPhone for work by choice, at any company supplying iphones as corporate phones, and at any dev focusing business apps only on ios.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-15-14 07:28 AM
    Brother in law met the same fate. His US based company switched from legacy devices to iphone. Of course the individual will think iphone is so much better for them personally......but it is apples to oranges. BlackBerry is done in the US, I don't see recovery there. BlackBerry will function as a smaller, but successful company elsewhere in the world where companies and governments want an alternative to Google, and Apple which are both US based and of course the NSA.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:33 AM
    I'm sorry for your loss. :'(

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    05-15-14 07:55 AM
    My condolences. Let the data leakage begin!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:57 AM
    Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 08:10 AM
    Sh*t! This thread reads like an obituary!...

Q10
    gokulesh and vinniesworld like this.
    05-15-14 08:14 AM
    Thankfully, for me at least, my company are replacing my horrible to use BlackBerry Curve phone with a BlackBerry 10 phone, most likely a Q10 rather than a Z10. There was talk about going down the Apple route, but that got scotched on the head. Hope it is the Q10 I get as I can then compare it against my Z10, even though I don't really want a physical keyboard phone again. At the moment my Z10 doubles as my work and personal phone. The Curve is just for emergency back up if required and used as little as possible.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-15-14 08:18 AM
    They have converted all their Blackberrys away from the BES server and moving away from all Blackberry handsets. I was one of the last to hold onto mine until they dragged me to IT today and give me an IPhone .

Lucky I still have my Z30 for a personal phone and my play book

And it's a girly looking White IPhone to make it worse
    Please accept my condolences, may the good Lord grant you the fortitude and strength to bear this great loss of having less time with your berries!...Such a great loss *smh*
    05-15-14 08:22 AM
    Some of my guys have made the switch to iphones, and to my dismay none have resented, hated, them, or asked to go back to BB. We do have a few that have made the jump to BB10 and all who have love it. I am going to the BB experience in DC to see about the new cloud BES and see if it works for our company, hope it does and we make the move. I think if I had to use an iphone I would purchase my own BB and pay my own bill to keep using it.
    theRock1975 and gokulesh like this.
    05-15-14 08:26 AM
    New job?

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-15-14 08:28 AM
    My company is doing the same, they have been slowly this past year making the switch over to IPhone....same thing, they have a specially built app for iPhone.,

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    05-15-14 10:12 AM
    I'm sorry this happened as it happened to me as well. My company killed the BES server and went to a VPN client plus MDM from another vendor. They refused to wait for BlackBerry 10 and BES 10 and I think a lot had to do with the press over other another prominent US company (won't name which one but you can guess) that declared BlackBerry dead and forced everyone to use iPhone including the IT department. I heard rumors they said they would fire anyone in IT who wanted to stick with BlackBerry as well.

My company also swapped from Exchange over to using Gmail which killed off activesync. They then gave out iPhones and eventually Android phones. People then compared BBOS to iOS/Android and thought "what an improvement." BlackBerry 10 was no where to be found and never had a chance to be compared.

Now I've been forced to go to my own means to circumvent the standard issue iPhones in order to use my multiple BlackBerry 10 devices and get corporate email in a limited fashion. I've managed to convince a few others to do this which goes to show you how much better BlackBerry 10 is that even those who were iOS users before the switch would be willing to ditch their corporate iPhones to use a BlackBerry with a handicapped setup and access(!). Only an OS as good as this would get anyone to go to such lengths as a diehard like me.

What's interesting is I had a two month window where I actually had my Z10 hooked up to corporate email with activesync and it was heaven on earth. It was the first time I had personal and work fully integrated into one phone and could use all the features of corporate contacts, unified calendars, LinkedIn, FB, Twitter and the killer email in the hub for work.

Hoping that someday soon BlackBerry 10 will be supported again with the new MDM strategy to support other vendors.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and labyrinth9 like this.
    05-15-14 10:36 AM
    So sad. Sorry to hear.

They are taking my 9900 away to move to byod and BlackBerry BES is still here along with GOOD. Looks like bb10 is still an option running concurrently for the meantime.

From my z30
    05-15-14 10:39 AM
    I found out yesterday that some of my clients whom I contract to and use their email servers have told me that I can't use my z10 or z30 with their new custom apps which are designed for the iPhone 5 series. Looks like I am going back to the Apple platform whether I want to or not. I am not going to be forced to carry two phones because Blackberry has chosen to put their resources into the emerging markets and companies here in the USA see this and are going elsewhere.

So, it looks like the z10 and z30 are going on Craigslist today and I am back to using an iPhone 5s and BBM for IOS so I can still stay connected to my BBM groups. Oh well, T-Mobile and Blackberry on the outs here in the USA and now this, doesn't surprise me one bit.

As I have said many times before, the brand is all but dead here in the USA and the longer Blackberry takes to revive the brand here, the older user base is shrinking day by day. By the time they decide to make a move here to revive it, they will be a forgotten memory. Sad but very true.
    Dont rly understand this are these types of apps irreplaceable? Can't you use the browser version of their services? Also I'm on a corporate system that also utilizes a particular server optimized for android. As a tech savvy rebel I have helped other bb10 and WP users connect to the server. It was a ***** but I managed, you see many of my co workers didn't wanted to get the mandatory iPhone fee taken out of their checks so we lobbied and got our way. Bottom line it is highly unprofessional for app developers to ultimately develop for only one platform. Anti-trust anybody? We see it more and more often with apple developers than with anyone else.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    05-15-14 10:55 AM
    Dont rly understand this are these types of apps irreplaceable? Can't you use the browser version of their services? Also I'm on a corporate system that also utilizes a particular server optimized for android. As a tech savvy rebel I have helped other bb10 and WP users connect to the server. It was a ***** but I managed, you see many of my co workers didn't wanted to get the mandatory iPhone fee taken out of their checks so we lobbied and got our way. Bottom line it is highly unprofessional for app developers to ultimately develop for only one platform. Anti-trust anybody? We see it more and more often with apple developers than with anyone else.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    I think there is more to it then just app support, most of the companies here in the USA look for long term device support and company stability and based on all the bad press and the recent pissing match between T-Mobile and Blackberry has just pushed allot of them over the edge. Until Blackberry can show some long tern support in the way of advertising, device support and new products being introduced here in the USA, its not going to change any time soon.

I can understand why they are putting the majority of their resources into developing countries who still want their products, thats just good business when your trying to stop the bleeding. I only hope that if they do decide to revive the brand here in the USA, the name hasn't become a distant memory.
    05-15-14 12:52 PM
77 123 ...