- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
My WIFI has stopped working?
My WIFI on my Blackberry Curve 8520 has stopped working, out of the blue. Up to a few weeks ago it just stopped. My broadband is with Vodafone. Every time I try to connect with the 'Hotspot Browser' its says ''Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If problem persists please contact your service provider''. I have tried taking out the battery for 30s but I have read on another thread about sending back my service reports or something? I'm not too sure what it means, so if you know how to do it could ye let me know. I'm going crazy here!
- CrackBerry User
09-11-2012, 03:30 AM #2
- 31 Posts
It's not service reports, they're called service books!
Open up Settings on your BB, Advanced Options -> Service Books, see if the Browser service book is there,if it's not there then reload the service books. To do so follow this process:
- Download the attachment and extract it somewhere where you can find it later
- Fire up your BB, navigate to Settings -> Advanced -> Service Books
- Holding ALT on your keyboard, type SBEB
- You should get a confirmation message: "Legacy SB Restore Mode Enabled"
- Ok, put your BB aside for a moment and open up BB Desktop Manager
- Connect your BB through USB
- Click on "Device" on the left hand top corner
- Click on "Restore" and select the .ipd file you just extracted
- Click Restore, should take a couple of seconds
- After its done, safetly remove your BB
- Check under service books and your Browser service book should be there!
Your browser should work now, if you have any questions etc. feel free to PM me...
Oh, if it's still not working the I recommend using Opera Mini (maybe it's a browser problem...) get it from here:
Last edited by JohnBB101; 09-11-2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Included Opera