My wife has an 8330 curve and I have a 9530 storm. I have 3 email accounts on my storm a hotmail a aim and a blackberry.net. The blackberry.net email receives email as soon as its sent but my other two take around 5 mins between actual inbox and blackberry. my wife on the other hand has the same 3 email accounts (different user names) but her hotmail and aim are instant, as soon as they arrive in her desktop inbox they arrive on her phone. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can speed up the push to my phone???

any help would be great

also when i had the curve and 8830 before my storm there was also the same 5 min delay
    04-12-09 01:10 PM
    Heres a write up on how BlackBerry Push email works--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l-work-152955/
    04-12-09 01:45 PM
    There are a couple different email systems in use. Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and many others are hosted on the internet. The other major email systems use Post Office Protocol (POP3).

You configure BIS to monitor each account. The web based accounts are usually nearly instant. A POP3 will be polled by BIS periodically.

If I understand it correctly, BIS will poll every 15 minutes unless there has been a message received. If it did receive a message, it polls every minute for several minutes, before returning to the default.

04-12-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD