As everyone else here on CB I'm a BlackBerry fan / user / lover.
    I also tested other os'es and i kept a long time using windows mobile before i switched.
    Unlike Apple en Samsung BlackBerry doesn't have that much market share, and they have themself to blame.

I was walking in the city with my gf and we were talking about BB10 and the aristo and howmuch we think Apple sucks.

And one thing i was thinking about, BlackBerry can remove the calling, 4G, NFC, and those things and start making MP(3, 4,5,6 or whatever) players like Apple does with there iPod try to sell it cheaper than iPod Touch 4, but use the same screen? or maybe a little bit less resolution (you decide) if they use BlackBerry 10 with still wireless play on TV, remote access from your windows or mac network they will have a powerfull mp-all player.

Using the same camera as the Z/Q-10 back and front cam people also have a cool device for making pictures.
    Maybe even put BBM on it so people can chat with it, than renew the BlackBerry music gateway into an WiFi+Gateway like the Apple airport.

And than as latest a cool BlackBerry 10 TV media-player maybe even with COAX connection so you can put your cable connection direct in the BB10TV, record, pause tv shows, network access, space for saving music and even more, to beat Apple TV.

Than we have the Playbook that was not really popular, so the new one they should just name 'BlackBerry Tablet 10' but not only make a new tablet 10inch with fullhd, but make it a (half/full) slider so it will be basicly an netbook with real good keyboard, touchscreen, good battery and more, with the power of BB10/QNX and creating new and good products BlackBerry can win a lot.

One other thing BlackBerry is missing are official stores, like Apple has and give the carrier a littlebit less responsibility because they mess up most of the time

If you have a question, problem, or just need advice just visit the BlackBerry store!

What do you guys think?
    05-21-13 01:32 PM
    As much as I want to agree, in my opinion, BlackBerry can't afford branching out like that. Its too risky at a point like this. But I definitely agree that a BB10 packing media player to take on the iPod would certainly make for a great device and entertainment platform but BlackBerry just doesn't have the content for such a device. It would be PlayBook all over again. Once BlackBerry improves their lack of apps and quality content, then maybe its worth exploring for them. But who knows, anything can happen, clearly because BBM going cross-platform took a lot of people by surprise. So we shall see.
    Acumenight likes this.
    05-21-13 01:40 PM
    I think one of the reasons BB is starting to be successful is focus..... at this point they have a roadmap so to speak.. and to deviate from it could do them in.... as much as the ideas the OP have has a lot of merit.... right now BB needs to focus on the smartphone and network end of the business....
    05-21-13 09:47 PM
    I think BlackBerry should stay focused on enterprise and building out BES 10. Also focus on cross platform BBM as a fast and secure messaging platform. Build features into that like BBM money.

On the hardware side they need to speed up product cycles.

As far as other product lines I would say they need to avoid that. Not enough resources. However if someone else was to license BlackBerry 10 and use it for that purpose that would be interesting.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-22-13 01:30 AM