Hey all. Been a sleeper here for awhile, but this is my first post. First I want to thank everyone here for all of the invaluable info! Because of all you CrackHeads, I traded in my 2 week old LG Dare for a VZW 8330 Curve, and I couldn't be happier. I've only had it now for 5 days and I am officially a bona fide addict.

I drive 11 hours a day, 6 days a week in 48 states plus Canada, and the BB is SO much more conducive to my lifestyle than the Dare was. Plus, I discovered I'm not the touch screen kinda guy. The fingerprints drove me nuts and it only had a QWERTY keyboard while in landscape mode which is difficult and clunky to use one-handed while driving.

Anyhow, I thought you all might find it interesting that my Curve (OS 4.3) came right out of the box doing full-blown MMS and the GPS isn't locked to only VZ Navigator. It works with the GPS function in Google Maps and pinpoints my location just like it's supposed to. I was prepared to do without those functions after all the reading I did here about how the Verizon Curve's had those features disabled. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe Verizon recently added those features? Who knows.

I guess this pretty long winded for typing while driving, lol. I better quit while I'm still alive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 01:22 AM
    Welcome to CB! The rest of the Verizon crew are going to be jealous. Get ready for a lot of questions from them And by the way, please don't wreck your car

10-10-08 01:30 AM
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but all VZW 8330s have MMS (I believe the 8830 didn't, and still doesnt).

As far as GPS goes, i'm willing to bet that when Google Maps shows your location, it has a blue circle around it, and says something like "location within 900 meters".

That is using cell-tower triangulation, not GPS.
    10-10-08 01:31 AM
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but all VZW 8330s have MMS (I believe the 8830 didn't, and still doesnt).

As far as GPS goes, i'm willing to bet that when Google Maps shows your location, it has a blue circle around it, and says something like "location within 900 meters".

That is using cell-tower triangulation, not GPS.
    Oh man, consider my parade thoroughly rained upon, lol. I must have misread all the other posts complaining about no MMS on VZW 8330's. My first post on CrackBerry and I already screwed up.

You are definately right about the triangulation. I just checked, and it's like you said. Accurate within so many meters with a blue ring around it. Oh well, I guess that's what my widescreen Garmin is for.

10-10-08 01:45 AM
    Welcome to your posting career on CB

10-10-08 02:07 AM
    I was all excited to when I put on GM but then went through the help file and lowered my head lol Oh well it still does a good enough job if I am in an area I don't know well.
    10-11-08 12:18 AM
    i have a t-mobile 8320 and a 8330 sprint t-mobile 8320 has every thing sprint 8330 suck big time and if i didnt love blackberrys i would never buy one and i would trade this one 8330. Now can any ine tell me a way around the 8330 sprint problem and mines not on sprint any more its page plus now.
    10-19-09 10:32 PM
    Traveling fool update to 4.5 and BB maps gps will work great. I use it all the time on my 8330 w/verizon.

10-19-09 10:41 PM
    Traveling fool update to 4.5 and BB maps gps will work great. I use it all the time on my 8330 w/verizon.

The OP is a year old. I don't know why this thread was dug up TBH.

10-19-09 10:45 PM
    I have a vzw curve 8330 and have used google map app several times to get places. It works perfect. What is the dilema?

10-20-09 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD