I've had my 8800 for about a year now. It took a little getting adjusted to. I came from a mobile pc phone where I was use to seeing my full emails and really surfing the web.

Of course it came with the exception of very poor battery life and a few other things.

I had to get accustomed to my 8800 and the text only emails, the lack of windows media access and no camera.

As far as work is concerned, it does what it supposed to do. Its great for emails, text, keeping my appointments and waking me up in the morning.

I said all that to say this. I would love to go with another BB, possibly the Curve, but is there a reason to wait or switch. I dont want to go to the IPhone because I dont like just drinking the kool-aid from the barrel like everyone else, but Im getting tired of my co-workers shoving IPhones in my face with all their emailed videos and streaming media of shows they saved, hilarious You Tube vids they saved and so on and so on. I need a phone that can entertain as well as keep my appointments.

Now, I love my 8800 for what it does do. But damn, I dont want to take computer classes just so I can convert videos to my BB and I dont want to have to purchase additional software to make my BB do what it should do straight out of the box.

Is there something on the horizon to keep me a BB user? Trust, Ive worn the paint off some of the buttons of my 8800.

Ive still got a couple of months before I switch or upgradeIm trying to wait on any concrete news on the 9000 or anything else that may drop this summer.

Talk to me
    03-16-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD