Any hints of how to unstick a stuck trackwheel? I did not drop it nor is anything sticky in there (to the best of my knowledge). It is making me crazy!
    06-12-08 09:27 PM
    i think all you have to do is slide it either up or down...i think that is how it locks. hopefully this helps
    06-12-08 09:41 PM
    Use rubbing alcohol on a tooth brush and move the ball around slighty, and it should free up. If that doesn't work replace the trackball.
    06-12-08 09:42 PM
    Trackwheels are famous for that after a while. There is a spring mechanism in there that is supposed to pop the wheel back out. Your best bet is to contact your carrier if its in warranty. If not you can get a replacement off of eBay. For time being, the case should open with a T6 screw driver and with some gentile coaxing you should be able to get it back out. Lots of luck, hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 09:56 PM
    What's a "trackwheel" lol
    06-12-08 09:57 PM
    What's a "trackwheel" lol
    Something that BlackBerry has left in the past yet other phones still "utilize" it.
    06-12-08 10:05 PM
    I believe this is the culprit! I am out of warranty and hoping to snag one of the new "Bolds" when it comes out. Therefore I am going to work with the screwdriver.

Trackwheels are famous for that after a while. There is a spring mechanism in there that is supposed to pop the wheel back out. Your best bet is to contact your carrier if its in warranty. If not you can get a replacement off of eBay. For time being, the case should open with a T6 screw driver and with some gentile coaxing you should be able to get it back out. Lots of luck, hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD