I have an ATT Torch 9800 and just recently it's gotten very very slow. To the point where just opening an email sets off the little clock that just sits there spinning for minutes until the email opens. Then there are times when I touch an icon and nothing happens for minutes, then it opens. It's very frustrating. I've deleted useless apps and have taken out the battery to reset it. I've done updates and still no improvement.

If anyone here has any ideas, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks

John
    10-23-12 06:33 PM
    Delete emails with big attachments.
    10-23-12 06:35 PM
    Backup the device using BlackBerry Protect, backup your BBM contact list using remote backup (email). Do a secure wipe. Restore your data. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 06:38 PM
    I have an ATT Torch 9800 and just recently it's gotten very very slow. To the point where just opening an email sets off the little clock that just sits there spinning for minutes until the email opens. Then there are times when I touch an icon and nothing happens for minutes, then it opens. It's very frustrating. I've deleted useless apps and have taken out the battery to reset it. I've done updates and still no improvement.

Thanks

John
    Just upgrade to the 9810 and download the latest OS from Att and you'll be good to go.

10-23-12 06:55 PM
    Just upgrade to the 9810 and download the latest OS from Att and you'll be good to go.

Just that easy, huh?

Not everyone can just upgrade on a whim.
    10-23-12 11:45 PM

Thanks

John
    Back up, perform a security wipe, restore your essential data but let me ask you this, how often do you clear browser/facebook/twitter/bb maps/google maps etc cache? My guess is never
    10-24-12 03:00 AM
    Well, mine started to get slow(slower...that sloooooooooooooow swipe between menus is still very disappointing to me ) and i deleted some apps like you did, and it began to work "well" again.

But Monday, it went crazy! The kind of slowness you are talking about, almost to the point of almost going out of the window, but i took a deep breath and did a 5 min battery pull(after half a dozen of the regular ones) and after some more reboots, it went back to its old "graciousness"

Lol

I'm thinking to try an hybrid but i still to learn how...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 03:33 AM
    Well, mine started to get slow(slower...that sloooooooooooooow swipe between menus is still very disappointing to me ) and i deleted some apps like you did, and it began to work "well" again.

But Monday, it went crazy! The kind of slowness you are talking about, almost to the point of almost going out of the window, but i took a deep breath and did a 5 min battery pull(after half a dozen of the regular ones) and after some more reboots, it went back to its old "graciousness"

Lol

I'm thinking to try an hybrid but i still to learn how...

A security wipe will make it like new out of the box again, don't be afraid to do it, you can easily restore everything.
    10-24-12 04:17 AM
    I bought this from another guy, and after i used for a little while, just to kill the anxiety, i did a SW and didnt find any improvements..

10-24-12 04:45 AM