Hey, is there any news on when BlackBerry is going to release an operating system that simply works, as intended, and consistently?

Because uhh, after 10.2.1 half of my notifications in the HUB just don't invoke the individual apps to open, including blackberry's own BBM. It goes to the gradiented screen then backs out. Um it even fails when trying to change the wallpaper and doesn't open to select which photo I want to use. The android player works about as efficiently as AOL 5.0. Uh, the HUB still doesn't know how to delete messages, or at least, it takes like 10 minutes for them to disappear. While a lot of the newly-added features are awesome and really good ideas, the OS performance , overall, just isn't ******* acceptable if you want to not be made fun of.

Picture it in the context of video game software, you release it when it's flawless and works through and through, relatively bug free. It's just about standards, come on. iOS has SMALL bugs here and there but it's a solid system that works as intended and smoothly.

You shouldn't have to try multiple times to just complete basic functions. It really hurts my feelings, and, I'm sure, leaves a terrible impression with newcomers. Their brand has been getting better but they are STILL not competitive on the quality side. They are simply not, I think that's undeniable, is it not?

I would have taken a smooth-running BlackBerry OS 7 device if they made it, even now. Although a large problem has been apps, I think it has equally been performance as well. It's been a part of the brand since the days when we had to do battery pulls, and it hasn't left.

Z10 - TMO

Posted via CB10
    phylez likes this.
    03-15-14 09:11 AM
    Did you crown yourself as most hated? Or are you trying to earn the title?

All kidding aside, yes, it is still teething, but you are comparing a youthful OS to an OS that is well into adulthood. And the funny thing is, I was just hearing an Apple superfan on the radio yesterday talking about his experience with Apple's latest OS update, and how he starts his day, with all of his devices, by doing a reboot as soon as they come off the charger, because of a battery bug that causes excessive drainage to show every day.

Yeah, we want our devices to function flawlessly, but I've had glitches to some degree or another, in every mobile device I've used since I started caring about them.
    03-15-14 09:16 AM
    Did you crown yourself as most hated? Or are you trying to earn the title?
    Self-crowned

-M

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:19 AM
    I was going to say something, but I've crowned myself the official unofficial spokes person of CB, so I guess you can stay.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:22 AM
    Rite does everyone have these problems? NO so your obviously experiencing problems that are not common and possibly a dodgy os install so instead of taking the **** out of BlackBerry why don't u reach out to them and they might be able to help you with your problem. My device works much better than any iphone/android sh**e and every time I have a problem which is not often. I reach out to BlackBerry and the always resolve the problem

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 pin:2AE6118E
    03-15-14 09:23 AM
    Hey, is there any news on when BlackBerry is going to release an operating system that simply works, as intended, and consistently?

Because uhh, after 10.2.1 half of my notifications in the HUB just don't invoke the individual apps to open, including blackberry's own BBM. It goes to the gradiented screen then backs out. Um it even fails when trying to change the wallpaper and doesn't open to select which photo I want to use. The android player works about as efficiently as AOL 5.0. Uh, the HUB still doesn't know how to delete messages, or at least, it takes like 10 minutes for them to disappear. While a lot of the newly-added features are awesome and really good ideas, the OS performance , overall, just isn't ******* acceptable if you want to not be made fun of.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize everything you described is not common occurrences with 10.2.1. Clearly there is something not right with your software...but I guess instead of asking how to fix it, you can just try to become the most hated CB member.
    Fyi, you have a very long way to go to achieve that goal.
    Oh and for grins and giggles...maybe you should try to reload your OS or back up your device and security wipe it then restore your back up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-15-14 at 09:43 AM.
    03-15-14 09:23 AM
    What is the real story with iOS anyway? I have seen their old OSs really get bigger down and unusable but my first device is an iPad air and I've pretty much filled it to the top and it still works very well.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:25 AM
    What is the real story with iOS anyway? I have seen their old OSs really get bigger down and unusable but my first device is an iPad air and I've pretty much filled it to the top and it still works very well.

Posted via CB10
    Great.
    Are you actually trying to figure out why your update isn't working as intended since it seems to be for the vast majority?

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-15-14 09:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you here for some help with you current issues or to criticize? I also have Apple products I use in my business and they are not without faults.

So far the 10.2.1.2156 update I received from T Mobile yesterday has fixed most all of the issues I posted threads about and I am loving my z10 and happy to be back in the BlackBerry World. Take a deep breath.

Posted using my z10 (10.2.1.2156) on T Mobile USA
    03-15-14 09:34 AM
    One of the things that has existed since I've been in the mobile world is that no matter how much they try to make devices identical, some get problems that others don't. It's a fact of life. And usually, those that do have the problems are going to be the loudest shouters on a forum board.

So, you've made the complaint, what remedial actions have you taken to fix the problems?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-15-14 09:39 AM
    To criticize. They?re not competitive on stability, and it's a big part of their poor brand.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:50 AM
    Well, the title is changed, and I'm gonna head this off at the pass before this becomes a stampede.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-15-14 09:51 AM