I've been a BlackBerry user ever since I've had my Pearl in the 4th grade. Eight years later and I'm still using one, even though all my friends have moved on. I had no idea about this site, or the upcoming BlackBerry 10 until I saw it tagged in Yahoo's "top searches of the day." As if by some divine wind, I also saw the BlackBerry 10 sneak peak video on May 1st (My Birthday!) that very same day. The moment I saw it, I knew that this indeed was the very next big thing, and so I waited. And waited. Never did my hope waiver, despite the set backs. By the time there were concrete dates being rumored of I had amassed a savings of about $4000 working as a freelance graphic designer that year and instead of saving it for a car I said screw it. I bought RIMM. When everyone counted it out, I bought it at 7.80. I don't come from a rich family, or even a modest family. I worked for every penny and I can't be more happy to see the perseverance and sheer dedication that the employees at Research in Motion have imbued into this new operating system. So I worked and bought more and more. Today I sit at 1400 shares and a net worth of 24K thanks to the recent surges. I hope for the very best for RIM and all of the great people here at Crackberry and I'm glad to say not only will RIM be providing me with a marvelous new mobile computing device, their tireless efforts will be in-part paying for my college tuition. I am 17 today, and by my 18th birthday I know BlackBerry 10 will be a smashing success!

So, here's to Research in Motion, Thorsten, Kevin and the Crackberry team, and ALL of you diehard fans who have stuck with this company when everyone counted them out for the count!
    We are the heart of BlackBerry and our drum beats louder than ever.
    -Bryan
    01-22-13 07:50 PM
    WooHoo!!! I'm happy for you!
    nquyen likes this.
    01-22-13 07:54 PM
    Education > Car. Good luck to you and your future.
    lorax1284 and nquyen like this.
    01-22-13 07:58 PM
    Awesome! You are a very wise man, congratulations!!
    nquyen likes this.
    01-22-13 07:59 PM
    Education > Car. Good luck to you and your future.
    It was a close decision there for a while haha
    01-22-13 08:16 PM
    I'm not sure, education doesn't seem as important when compared to BB10!
    All jokes aside, congratulations!
    nquyen likes this.
    01-22-13 08:27 PM
    Very well said!!! Good luck and I wish you continued success.
    nquyen and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-22-13 08:32 PM
    Just think of how many BB10 phones you can buy now with 24K!! haha

Congrats and good luck!
    nquyen likes this.
    01-22-13 08:36 PM
    Just think of how many BB10 phones you can buy now with 24K!! haha

Congrats and good luck!
    We'll see with that rumored $799 price-tag haha!
    01-22-13 08:42 PM
    Congrats buddy.
    nquyen and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-22-13 08:54 PM
    Nice Job, Go long.......
    nquyen likes this.
    01-22-13 09:26 PM
    Well, you just prove what King Thor says .... BlackBerry people *DO*! Thanks for sharing that great story.
    lorax1284 and nquyen like this.
    01-22-13 10:00 PM
    I don't know how much experience you have in investing but if I was in your shoes, I will seriously consider cashing out some of the shares now to acquire the new BB10 device and enjoy some of your profit now when the going is good. The remainder while it grow is just pure profit. I have been burnt too many timesmyself, playing these hot shares and then suffering major losses , I realised that this stock market is controlled by big financial firms with their fancy computer programs which can think much faster than you and me.
    You sure are an astute 17 year old so my hearthy congratulations and enjoy you success.
    nquyen and bobauckland like this.
    01-22-13 10:17 PM
    I don't know how much experience you have in investing but if I was in your shoes, I will seriously consider cashing out some of the shares now to acquire the new BB10 device and enjoy some of your profit now when the going is good. The remainder while it grow is just pure profit. I have been burnt too many timesmyself, playing these hot shares and then suffering major losses , I realised that this stock market is controlled by big financial firms with their fancy computer programs which can think much faster than you and me.
    You sure are an astute 17 year old so my hearthy congratulations and enjoy you success.
    I most certainly am going to continue investing but I intended to invest in RIM, not trade it. Needless to say I will sell some of it to diversify my portfolio (currently only RIMM, talk about all my eggs in one basket!) but I will always have a soft spot for RIM, but then again this may be my hamartia haha
    01-22-13 10:31 PM
    I most certainly am going to continue investing but I intended to invest in RIM, not trade it. Needless to say I will sell some of it to diversify my portfolio (currently only RIMM, talk about all my eggs in one basket!) but I will always have a soft spot for RIM, but then again this may be my hamartia haha
    I would also recommend taking off at least the initial $4000 you invested now, so you won't feel as burned if anything were to go the opposite way. My stronger recommendation is that you sell more if not all of it just before the launch, as when something becomes official, it tends to cause a sell-off in shares, unless you expect to RIM to announce something huge on Jan 30th. (I have my doubts, I think they let all the cats out of the bag already, minus a few big-shot apps, but then again, I could be wrong).
    01-23-13 07:54 AM
    In other words, take your money off the table, and let the profits (house money) do the work for you. Good luck!
    01-23-13 07:55 AM
    There may be a slight dip after Jan 30th, but when devices start hitting stores and they are the success I expect them to be, and the OS reviews come in and the enterprise customers start getting their shipments, stock will continue to climb. I think the high-range share price estimates are not out of the question, but I'm not a financial analyst, just a RIM fan, so take this advice with a grain of salt. :-)

Congratulations on your 'gains'.
    01-23-13 08:01 AM
    Great post brother. I'm glad you're here
    01-23-13 08:20 AM
    Wonderful post op! Good luck and welcome!
    01-23-13 06:46 PM
    I echo the same sentiment as OP. Though I'm not sitting on 24K, but I'm happy to even own some shares. It was purchasing of a Playbook that got me here back in November 2011. I was just here to learn about tips of how to use my tablet. I got interested in the articles about RIM. I am aware that crackberry.com was a sight for Blackberry fans, but I do find many of the articles are open and honest opinions about the business of RIM. So are some of the knowledgable members who share their analytical skills debating the merit of Rim's business operation. Near the lowest point of RIM when the launch of BB10 was delay and the stock was hitting bottom, never been a share buyer not realizing needed time to research how where and when to buy shares, I missed getting into amazing deal of a life time. However, the many months that I keep coming back here everyday, reading up on any financial news and business related articles help me made a decision. I question why a fundamental solid company is struggling and was at the brink of collapse? I saw the potential of RIM being the come back kid, I got a bit of money in my savings. Watching my mutual funds going no where, I decided to take a little risk. Not bad for someone who did not intend to spend $350? for a tablet(initial price slash on Playbook) and later my first cell phone ever, Bold 9900. How can I not be thankful to a company and website that give me great experience with my devices and some tidy profit? Thank you OP for sharing your story. Let's hope the positive experience of BlackBerry continues.
    nquyen likes this.
    01-23-13 08:50 PM