The closest I've seen to this blue screen, was when I was just casually using my Z10, then it freezes for about a second, flashes a blue screen, and then goes back to normal. Startling, but my phone hasn't had it since, and it runs good as new.

I don't believe that leaked OS' are the culprits, but maybe using a charger that supplies too much, or not enough amount of voltage. It was highly recommended out of the box that BB10 devices are not to be charged wit legacy devices' chargers, or Playbook chargers. I have never used any charger other than the one that came with the device, because I don't want to risk any hardware damage.
    12-14-13 11:28 PM
    The closest I've seen to this blue screen, was when I was just casually using my Z10, then it freezes for about a second, flashes a blue screen, and then goes back to normal. Startling, but my phone hasn't had it since, and it runs good as new.

I don't believe that leaked OS' are the culprits, but maybe using a charger that supplies too much, or not enough amount of voltage. It was highly recommended out of the box that BB10 devices are not to be charged wit legacy devices' chargers, or Playbook chargers. I have never used any charger other than the one that came with the device, because I don't want to risk any hardware damage.
    *stares at my BlackBerry 8900 charger*

Posted via my beautiful, red Q5
    12-14-13 11:49 PM
    Well, I would say dont put leaks on your devices and charge with OEM out of the box charger(not even with your PB charger) and you should be good

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 12:02 AM
    I do wonder if I push it a little hard. I'm an extremely heavy user of the phone. Charge it with the high capacity PB charger, and always run the latest leak. Could be a combination of those things. Or maybe I was just unlucky in the ones I got.
    Running leaks doesn't void your warranty? I can't remember where I heard that, but that is why I haven't tried any 10.2 leaks on my Verizon Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:39 AM
    Running leaks doesn't void your warranty? I can't remember where I heard that, but that is why I haven't tried any 10.2 leaks on my Verizon Z10.

Posted via CB10
    It does, but only if they realize it. I flashed an old OS onto the device before returning it. The install didn't complete, but I'm hoping they don't notice.

The first Z10 I sent in for repairs was running leaked software, same with my Bold9900 when I sent it in. They don't seem to notice/care.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:16 AM
    Really? Now I am worried! That is how I charge my Z10! It just works so brilliantly as it charges it so fast!
    I'm almost certain this topic has been brought up in the forums previously, and I'm almost certain that BlackBerry themselves said that the PlayBook charger was perfectly safe to use to charge BlackBerry phones. I used mine to charge my phones without problem until the charger itself crapped out. :-(

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:55 PM
    Welcome to the Z30 party. Crappy way to get here. But here nonetheless.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-18-13 11:53 PM
    Z10 is prone to overheating and cooking the CPU. Only in certain circumstances though. My jeans pocket + phone is a bad combo for heat and not in a case so it's constantly checking to see if I'm attempting to unlock it. Cue the heat.

That's my theory as I'm sure that is why my last Z10 cooked.

Congrats on the Z30 though, much envy from me!

"Don't mind me, I'm just frying some bacon on the back of my Z10"
    12-19-13 01:22 AM
    Z10 is prone to overheating and cooking the CPU. Only in certain circumstances though. My jeans pocket + phone is a bad combo for heat and not in a case so it's constantly checking to see if I'm attempting to unlock it. Cue the heat.

If you turn it round (have the face of the phone away from your thigh) when you put it in your pocket this goes away. Had s similar issue myself and it took a couple of days but you soon get into the habit.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:05 AM

If you get upgrade 10.2, it should be much better. (I am not talking about the leak version).

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:29 AM
35 12