Well...

When im at work I use a 8800 just cause i dont want to get my bold all dirty. However that wont be happening anymore.

At work today, I forgot to put my phone back in coat after lunch before returning to work. Within 30 mins of working on top of an elevator at the top of the hoistway my phone kinda made its way ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way down 21 floors, before smashing into the pit (Hitting things along the way I may add)

I thought it was going to be a disaster, however, I retrieved the phone and to my surprise it was in somewhat one piece. The battery cover fell off, the battery was still inside (with a nice little dent right in the middle), one of the side buttons fell off and the scroll ball assembly is MIA (though the silver ring was weak to begin with), also the screen was cracked.

The phone did not turn on (either due to a busted battery or a shattered computer board) but it remained together!

TAKE THAT iPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackberry for life
    05-05-09 05:26 PM
    haha nice.

not as good as yourss but my g1 flew across the street literall bouncing across the traffic. the battery and case flew out.

not even a scratch :P
    05-05-09 05:27 PM
    wow, that is one heck of a story right there! luckily no abuse like that on mine!
    05-05-09 05:27 PM
    Wow! A BB can stand a 21 story fall better than a dog? This what happens when a dog gets a hold of a BB.
    05-05-09 06:07 PM
    Wow! A BB can stand a 21 story fall better than a dog? This what happens when a dog gets a hold of a BB.
    The way you worded that first part really had me expecting a link to a dog falling 21 stories, and I was concerned.
    05-05-09 06:09 PM
    All I could say when I read this was...... O M G! R.I.P. Little bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 06:14 PM
    Niiiice.. yah, at 21 stories, I'm sure pretty much any electronic device would no longer work, regardless if it's still in 1 piece.. lol.
    05-05-09 06:18 PM
    The way you worded that first part really had me expecting a link to a dog falling 21 stories, and I was concerned.
    Me too.. and when I clicked the link, all I got were a bunch of websensed images.. so I connected to my aircard to get around that and realized it wasn't the dog.. morbid curiosity eh?
    05-05-09 06:19 PM
    Ouch! Would be the magic word here. I would not be surprised if it was repairable, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 06:25 PM
    Wow! Now that is what I call a great phone!
    05-05-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD