View Poll Results: Do you think I went about my problem properly?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • **** no

0 0%
    I currently am using an LG Dare...which is definetly not living up to my expectations. After 6 months, there hasn't been anything that made the device better. I was expecting some Dare-native applications from Verizon, but they never came through. Nonetheless, I still have it. One of the phones on my plan is eligible for an upgrade....

I really liked the Curve 8330 and was about to upgrade that line to it and simply switch my phone with that phone. Also the person who's line is eligible for upgrade is willing to give me 50 bucks for my Dare. As I read online about blackberries, I came across this site and saw the Curve 8900. Wow what a device.

I had no idea what to do. I wanted a blackberry for better e-mail and for the keyboards they have. I am fed up with the Dare. I tried finding out when a CDMA version could possibly be coming. The range of date I've seen is from Q2 2009 to Q2 2010. Great...I don't feel like waiting a year to upgrade to a BB. I looked at craigslist for a used blackberry, but nothing at a good price. I finally found a cheap Pearl on ebay..and I bought it. I am planning on using this device until the new Curve CDMA comes out, if it ever does.

The pearl was $69 shipped. Comes with everything in the original box. I hope it's a legitimate seller and has a good ESN, but it was worth the risk. Hopefully I can sell it for like 40 bucks after the Curve comes out, but I highly doubt it, and it will probably become a backup BB device if I ever lose/damage another I'm using.

I also know I have to add another 15 a month for BIS because I already pay $15 a month for regular phone data usage.

Do you guys think I went about this situation properly?
    02-10-09 05:27 PM
    As long as it's going to suit your needs then you went about it fine. That's assuming the Pearl you're going to receieve is a good unit. What was the seller's rep on there?
    02-10-09 05:29 PM
    100% Feedback on 23 buys/sells. He mostly bought, but did sell some things. He had one or two $100+ sells.
    02-10-09 05:38 PM
    100% Feedback on 23 buys/sells. He mostly bought, but did sell some things. He had one or two $100+ sells.
    Always remember that when someone is selling a CDMA Blackberry it's possible that they ran up a bill and weren't able to pay it. So VZW can block the ESN from being activated until the bill is paid. No matter who the phone belongs to. And if the phone was ever reported stolen, the pin for Blackberry could be blocked.
    02-10-09 05:42 PM
    I'm hoping that never happened. I knew about bad ESNs and how they were a problem, but I never knew about the Blackberry PIN thing. Knowing he has the original box, I banking on it not being stolen.
    02-10-09 05:49 PM
    As long as you are happy you did the right thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure i'll be happy. Blackberries are one of the few, if any, phone brands that does not get fully supressed by Verizon. The Dare is an example of a suppressed phone. The phone could be SOOO MUCH MORE....but Verizon made it just "eh".
    Last edited by Teerim; 02-11-09 at 04:19 PM.
    02-11-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";