Dear Mr. Heins,

I have been a Blackberry user since the first Pearl. My last Blackberry was the Bold 9900, which unfortunately, bricked one day. I am still a proud owner of the Blackberry Playbook, and am excited to get the OS2 update next month.

I am writing to you to let you know that we here at Crackberry support you all the way and wish you success in your new role.

We have also read, with great enthusiasm, your statements about RIM in general and the state of Blackberry. I truly admire your vigor and energy for the company.

If I may, and I might be representing the voice of many here, I would like to suggest a list of items you might want to address as the new CEO. I thank you for your time!

1. Release BB10 2nd Quarter 2012. I know this sounds easier than done, but your competitors are far ahead and if we wait too long, it may not be on time. This is such a crucial year for the company as new breakthroughs are happening around us.

2. Ensure that we will have a good reason to love BB10. Let the Blackberry remain what it is- reliable, solid, and sturdy. With it, add functions that have been on other devices for so long. Let Blackberry fans enjoy Skype with full video calling. Bring fancy widgets to the home screen. Allow developers to actually enjoy writing apps for Blackberry. Come on, it is time for RIM to truly come back!

3. Be more transparent and honest with us. If a software update is not going to come out on time, let us know early in the game, and tell us why. Acknowledge the recent bricking issues with the Blackberry Bold 9900, and tell us that we are working on a solution.

4. Give retailers and telcos more incentive to sell the brand to consumers. It has been quite a hostile environment lately, with them trying to sell more iPhones and Androids. We have forgotten how truly significant Blackberry was at some point. Give them better support and training to better understand the products and services.

5. Come up with better advertising. A lot of us truly enjoy seeing ads that are bold (no pun intended) and speak to the heart. Stop focusing on things that do not matter anymore, and start coming up with bolder statements that leave a strong impression.

Sir, we are behind you all the way. Here's to a strong comeback from RIM!
    pkcable and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-26-12 04:19 AM
    May I suggest that points 1 & 2 are clearly conflicting ?

But still, I do support RIM, I use my 9900 and PB on a daily basis and have full faith in future. My personal advice would be : choose a line, set reasonable time-frames and deliver on time with a robust quality. But that's not usefull; this is what M. Heins is willing.
    01-26-12 04:26 AM
    I see what you are saying- do you mean it may not be possible to release OS10 earlier than planned and have it have features that are amazing?

I would like to believe that given a focused team of software engineers and developers, ANYTHING is possible.

GO RIM!!!!
    01-26-12 04:28 AM
    Another thing, when BB10 comes out, it will make the previous BB OS's obsolete. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have compatible OS's and app worlds?

I mean Apple and Google when they update their software, it doesn't kill off old devices the way RIM does so frequently. How about BB10 being a new beginning that gets updates and lasts a really long time?

iOS has been around for like 5 years and I realize even though the original iPhone or iPod Touch might be outdated, the OS is still compatible enough to still most of the things and run new apps.

When I went from my OS4 to OS6 device, I noticed each OS seems to be a generation of devices not really compatible with one another. I know this also happened with OS7 and will happen with BB10, but hopefully BB10 is more of a new benchmark that makes different generations of BB's have more compatibility options...
    [email protected] likes this.
    01-26-12 07:54 AM
    I wish I could speak with him, though from those in the company I do speak to, my previous words have reached his level lol. Kevin has a very unique opportunity to affect change here. Lets hope it works.
    01-26-12 08:00 AM
    anything is possible i wouldn't be surprised if he comes to these forums out of curiosity.
    01-26-12 08:11 AM
    Good letter! Hopefully RIM and Thorsen can.....

"Rock This!"
    01-26-12 10:06 PM
    The OP was found to be a troll with a prior history of multiple bans.
    01-27-12 10:04 AM
    Oh my...

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-27-12 10:11 AM
    I had to wonder about that with all threads started by them lately and the content of posts.
    01-27-12 10:14 AM
    At least now I know at least one of the mods I was thanking this morning for their diligence. And thanks again, you guys did a really nice cleanup this morning I was happy to notice
    01-27-12 10:15 AM
    I wish I could speak with him, though from those in the company I do speak to, my previous words have reached his level lol. Kevin has a very unique opportunity to affect change here. Lets hope it works.
    Yeh that was big news when he contacted CB kevin... This is the chance to get some info out directly to RIM... CB kevin will save RIM !!!!
    01-27-12 10:27 AM
    Major Changes: Release all current Curves on prepay carriers soon. Pass those exclusive offerings and get those Blackberries out there. RIM isn't Apple.

Minor Software Changes: Toggle to turn off screen on 99XX; Toggle for GPS in 'Manage Connections' pull down menu

Hopeful Future Setup: Blackberry Curve running BBOS 7.5 with 4G LTE; 7 inch Wi-Fi Playbook. No BB10, I'd miss my buttons.
    01-27-12 10:40 AM
    Another thing, when BB10 comes out, it will make the previous BB OS's obsolete. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have compatible OS's and app worlds?

I mean Apple and Google when they update their software, it doesn't kill off old devices the way RIM does so frequently. How about BB10 being a new beginning that gets updates and lasts a really long time?

iOS has been around for like 5 years and I realize even though the original iPhone or iPod Touch might be outdated, the OS is still compatible enough to still most of the things and run new apps.

When I went from my OS4 to OS6 device, I noticed each OS seems to be a generation of devices not really compatible with one another. I know this also happened with OS7 and will happen with BB10, but hopefully BB10 is more of a new benchmark that makes different generations of BB's have more compatibility options...
    One of the main draws (and by design) of iOS is that it is backwards compatible. Honestly, RIM never intended to have apps on their phones like is required today. This will (with QNX) be built in moving forward.

Just need to rip this band aid off first (old OS's).
    01-27-12 10:45 AM
    Major Changes: Release all current Curves on prepay carriers soon. Pass those exclusive offerings and get those Blackberries out there. RIM isn't Apple.

Minor Software Changes: Toggle to turn off screen on 99XX; Toggle for GPS in 'Manage Connections' pull down menu

Hopeful Future Setup: Blackberry Curve running BBOS 7.5 with 4G LTE; 7 inch Wi-Fi Playbook. No BB10, I'd miss my buttons.
    Theres going to be a BB10 in the bold range... RIM can sometimes be stupid but i think they know they cant ditch that iconic keyboard of theirs its just been legendary
    01-27-12 10:53 AM
    3. Be more transparent and honest with us. If a software update is not going to come out on time, let us know early in the game, and tell us why. Acknowledge the recent bricking issues with the Blackberry Bold 9900, and tell us that we are working on a solution.
    They ahve acknowledged the bricking issue, & have said that they are trying to fix it, but can't figgure out what's causing it
    01-27-12 02:19 PM
    They ahve acknowledged the bricking issue, & have said that they are trying to fix it, but can't figgure out what's causing it
    Seems like it has something to do with power and letting the battery get low.
    01-27-12 03:28 PM
    Even though OP was banned, I liked the letter.

And I noticed the forum "clean up" as well.
    01-27-12 06:31 PM
    Thank you.

That was one of the most skilled trolls we've had of late. A couple of others remain, quite skilled at the trolling, passive aggressive one line zingers.

Oooops...did I just describe myself????
    01-28-12 07:41 AM
    Thank you.

That was one of the most skilled trolls we've had of late. A couple of others remain, quite skilled at the trolling, passive aggressive one line zingers.

Oooops...did I just describe myself????
    Managing to eek out 2 day's worth of trolling, does not define "skilled". How long have you been a member?
    01-28-12 07:47 AM

4. Give retailers and telcos more incentive to sell the brand to consumers. It has been quite a hostile environment lately, with them trying to sell more iPhones and Androids. We have forgotten how truly significant Blackberry was at some point. Give them better support and training to better understand the products and services.

5. Come up with better advertising. A lot of us truly enjoy seeing ads that are bold (no pun intended) and speak to the heart. Stop focusing on things that do not matter anymore, and start coming up with bolder statements that leave a strong impression.

Sir, we are behind you all the way. Here's to a strong comeback from RIM!
    Great two points.

It is all about education and marketing.

I agree that RIM needs "pay off" carriers so they push rim products more The carriers stuff needs to be educated about BB phones. Its pros and major differences.
    For example: superior security. RIM needs to address myths about bb phones. For example that BB7 phone cannot have many apps installed etc. RIM needs unique advertising campaign. [sort of Hello I am Blackberry and I am Iphone] type advertising.
    01-29-12 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD