So GNex is my first Android phone. It is really a good device with rich ecosystem.
    But there are some features that is easily smoked with BB device

1. Alarm:
    BB has a godamn loud speaker, at max volume there is no way I won't wake up
    Moreover, my 9700 has that mute button which is incredibly useful to snooze the alarm

2. Password Keeper
    Really? You expect me to trust 3rd party apps that I have never heard before?
    Even though the apps are trusted, what if they would be sold to another company one day?

3. Unified Volume
    I hate the Android separate volume control for phone call and media
    I ride a bus, press the volume down until silent but when I play game, the volume is still high and the whole passengers look at me.

4. Operating with One Hand
    My thumbs cant reach the top-right side while most applications have the option button on top-right corner
    What were they thinking!!

I can't compare the keyboard because I never use the on-screen keyboard on BB Torch. But I can say that Swiftkey Keyboard apps is really good.

In conclusion I'm keeping my BB for mobile banking, password keeper, and alarm.

If you also use other OS, share the BB features that you really like below.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-04-12 09:24 AM
    My first response when reading the title of your post, is why would you compare such an old phone as the 9700 to a brand new hot off the shelf Galaxy. BB has always had some useful features that you've pointed out here, but too many people compare the older model BB's with brand new every week Androids or iPhones. I never hear anyone compare a Bold 9900 with an iPhone 1. Does anyone still have an iPhone 1? Don't think so. I still see lots of BB's with roller balls though.
    07-04-12 12:21 PM
    So GNex is my first Android phone. It is really a good device with rich ecosystem.
    But there are some features that is easily smoked with BB device

1. Alarm:
    BB has a godamn loud speaker, at max volume there is no way I won't wake up
    Moreover, my 9700 has that mute button which is incredibly useful to snooze the alarm
    Download Volume+

2. Password Keeper
    Really? You expect me to trust 3rd party apps that I have never heard before?
    Even though the apps are trusted, what if they would be sold to another company one day?
    eWallet is a trusted app, and it is encrypted. It is available for PC and Mac as well. It is a great app.

3. Unified Volume
    I hate the Android separate volume control for phone call and media
    I ride a bus, press the volume down until silent but when I play game, the volume is still high and the whole passengers look at me.
    So what you described is a preference. BB doesn't smoke Android in this category. Believe it or not, I like having two different profiles. I like how media is separate from the phone.

4. Operating with One Hand
    My thumbs cant reach the top-right side while most applications have the option button on top-right corner
    What were they thinking!!
    I'm a 5'10 male. I can easily operate this device with one hand, and I do every day. It all depends on the person.

Also, if it is too big, why buy it? You had to know this before you bought it.

It still sounds like you don't know too much about Android and especially the Galaxy Nexus. Check out Android Central and rootzwiki for some knowledge. There is a whole different world to Android and it offers a lot more than you think.
    Last edited by avt123; 07-04-12 at 12:31 PM.
    07-04-12 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD