I've searched for posts on this, and so far I haven't found any. My music is disappearing from my Blackberry Pearl 8130.

About a week ago I uploaded a whole bunch of music with Roxio MM, and I know that it was successful because I listened to it and organized it all into playlists. But yesterday, I went to listen to some of my music and it was gone. Not all of it...but a LOT of it is gone. I can't figure out what could have happened. So last night I tried to upload one of the same albums again, and this time it wouldn't even let me do that.

Has anybody else had this problem? Does anyone know what I can do about it? It's frustrating to spend hours loading music and have it just disappear a week later.

Also, I've read that a lot of people don't use Roxio because it is so slow. Could you suggest another music manager to use?

Thanks in advance -
    01-11-09 01:05 PM
    Have you tried pulling your battery and then reinserting to see if it comes back?
    01-11-09 01:25 PM
    Can u just drap and drop to ur media card? That is problaby the easiest and least time consuming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:27 PM
    Well, in response to your post I did, but now it won't reboot...I have had the hourglass on there for some time now.
    01-11-09 01:33 PM
    Sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to reboot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:35 PM
    Well, some of it came back! But not all of it. Ain't that the darndest.

I guess I'll try it again and see if the rest comes back.
    01-11-09 01:36 PM
    Now it's all back! Thank you for your help. Now I know...battery removal is the cure for all ills.

edit: also, thanks for the drag/drop suggestion. I'm a noob and I didn't realize I could just put it in mass storage mode and drag/drop. I will definitely do it that way from now on.
    01-11-09 01:38 PM
    Well, some of it came back! But not all of it. Ain't that the darndest.

I guess I'll try it again and see if the rest comes back.

After your phone is fired back up, give it about 5 minutes to see what all comes back. It takes some time for the music to load back into the media player.
    01-11-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD