What the h**** is going on? So I'm living in bliss with 09 for over a week. I've run a steady 42 to 47mb all day. I've done nothing different or out of the ordinary; and today I'm down to 12!! It's gone down a few points every hour.
    Can someone shed some light on this?
    03-05-09 06:33 PM
    Ok have u closed all ur apps? Have u cleared out any old emails/sms/mms-did memory cleaning-cleared ur cache operations - alt+LgLg. How was ur files aft u did a batt pull? I've covered everything I can think of-any1 else with any other suggestions? Good luck hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 06:51 PM
    What the h**** is going on? So I'm living in bliss with 09 for over a week. I've run a steady 42 to 47mb all day. I've done nothing different or out of the ordinary; and today I'm down to 12!! It's gone down a few points every hour.
    Can someone shed some light on this?
    I dont know anything about the OS you're using. Have you checked to see what it is you may have running in the background that could be the cause of your battery drain. Have you done or installed anything different?
    03-05-09 06:52 PM
    There have been numerous complaints here lately about .109 and serious memory leakage. Check out the Storm forum and I bet you're not the only one.
    03-05-09 06:58 PM
    Scandalex has good suggestions. Battery pull (real, physical one) to reset the device, then look to see what is doing the damage. Look for:
    Apps you installed around the time the problem appeared
    Apps you started using around the time the problem appeared
    Apps you should have done Menu/Close, but you got lazy and hit the red hangup key instead.
    03-05-09 06:58 PM
    Ok have u closed all ur apps? Have u cleared out any old emails/sms/mms-did memory cleaning-cleared ur cache operations - alt+LgLg. How was ur files aft u did a batt pull? I've covered everything I can think of-any1 else with any other suggestions? Good luck hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Physical battery pull was a tremendous help. Dumb question though...what do you mean by clearing my cache by doing "alt+LgLG"? How would I do that on my keyboard.
    03-06-09 08:25 AM
    Battery pull almost always works.
    03-06-09 08:28 AM
    "what do you mean by clearing my cache by doing "alt+LgLG"? How would I do that on my keyboard."

By performing an "alt+lglg you are clearing the phones' activity. Most user don't need it to know more on the topic but it does free memory. "alt+lglg" is more of an IT persons area so they can diagnosis a problem. If your phone is working fine, there is no fear in clearing it. You get a "warning" but nothing to be concern about. If you google or search this site, you get more information on the topic.
    03-06-09 09:06 AM
    The log holds the phone's technical history, and can (sometimes) get out of control. However it is relatively small and there is only trivial gain from deleting it. On a traditional keyboard BB you would DISPLAY the log by holding Alt while pressing LGLG.

Alt+L corresponds to "
    Alt+G corresponds to /

So the correct sequence on your Bold would be to hold Alt until it locks and the key caps change, then press "/"/

This should be an academic discussion if your battery pull restored control. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.
    03-06-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD