Hi,

First of all, apologies for starting a new thread, I know that's annoying, I'm looking through other threads as we speak.
    But here is my problem...
    I noticed today that all of the pictures on my Blackberry had gone. This includes ones that I have taken with the camera and saved from internet or bluetoothed from my laptop etc.
    I have tried a battery pull and that hasn't worked and I've also tried removing and reinserting the micro SD.
    I get a message saying "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair now?" I selected 'Yes'. I then got "If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?"
    For this option I have selected both yes and no and got the same outcome: "Media Card Repair Failed."
    I've got some very important pictures saved on there that I need to get back. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I've tried it in a different device and that didn't work either.
    Please help!
    Thanks
    03-11-12 07:16 AM
    Try inserting the card into a PC to recover. The PC might read it without repair. Or not. You might want to download a media card repair app for PC (some are free, some are paid - they kinda work accordingly!). Depends on how you value those pics. And in the future - consider backing up the media card on your PC from time to time.

When you've recovered (or decided it's a lost cause), reinsert the card into the BlackBerry and format, then copy the pics from the PC back onto the card.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    southlander likes this.
    03-11-12 08:11 AM
    When this happened to me I fixed it by connecting to my PC with the usb. Choose usb mode when it pop up on your phone screen. Find the drive on your PC. Right click. Properties. Tools. Check disk for errors. (I'm not in front of my PC now so that may not be the exact order of things, but its in there) after it scanned I was able to use it again with no problems and no loss of files.

Good luck. Losing pictures sucks so much.
    03-11-12 09:18 AM
    I concur... Every time my Android phone couldn't read the sd card, it always helped to put it into a windows machine. Take it out of the phone though, and put it in directly...

If the card contains pictures that are important or of sentimental value, don't delete or format it... Take it to a professional, and he'll most likely be able to recover most of them. Heck, you can even get software to do it yourself, if plugging it into you of doesn't work...
    03-11-12 09:22 AM
    Sometimes it can be something as simple as corroded/dirty contacts on the card. In addition to what others mentioned above, you can also try cleaning the contacts with a simple pencil eraser.
    southlander likes this.
    03-11-12 10:40 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    Not having much luck so far. Some files came up as .CHK files or something, and there was nothing in thr Blackberry>Camera folder.

What is the best SD recovery software that is free and allows you to obtain the files, rather than just preview them?
    03-11-12 01:06 PM
    Try this first. Sd card in PC. Open the folder. Go to your folder options and select show hidden files and show system files. Then delete the recycle bin ir there is one there. This has fixed problems like this on external drives where I couldn't acces files because of a corrupt recycle bin. It won't delete any files that are on your sd card so its worth a try. No harm no foul.
    03-11-12 01:25 PM
    This happend to me once , try connecting the phone to the computer and choose USB mode , the computer will read the card with no errors (I don't know about you but it did with me ) , then copy the things that are on your memory card to the computer , formate memory card , copy back your stuff to the memory card .
    Hope it helps !!
    03-12-12 06:18 AM
    This happend to me once , try connecting the phone to the computer and choose USB mode , the computer will read the card with no errors (I don't know about you but it did with me ) , then copy the things that are on your memory card to the computer , formate memory card , copy back your stuff to the memory card .
    Hope it helps !!
    Do this, except I wouldn't wast time reformatting. I'd just grab a new SD card since they're cheap enough now.

And thanks to all here for reminding me to back up my card a little more often than I do. The one I'm currently using has been in two other Bb's before this one, so I'm probably on borrowed time.
    03-12-12 08:31 AM
    OMG thank you so much, it totally works now! i lost some pics but i got all my precious music back!!!
    04-28-13 02:51 AM
    Hi, my name is chidinma offor I use blackberry phone.I have a problem wit my media card on my phone ,my media card has failed on my phone nd most of my important pics are lost nd my musics too please I need a solution hw I can need it back
    05-19-13 05:47 AM
    hey

this is exactly what happened to my blackberry bold 9900.
    i sent it to repair, and now i got a new blackberry with exact same memory card but i lost almost all of my pictures, unfortunately the old phone is not with me... is there any chance to get my pictures back? thanks
    06-08-13 07:27 PM
    Hi, I have tried this but stil it doesn't work. I have my bb plugged into the pc but can't find the file. Pls help
    09-04-13 11:52 AM
    My blackberry does exactly the same thing, but when I go on my USB files and click on camera, all my pictures are there and all my music, voice notes etc..
    When I check on the properties by right clicking, It says that there's noting wrong with my phone.
    However when I take my blackberry out of my computer, the media card is still messed up. :\
    any ideas?
    also, how do I formate my micro sd card? can I do it without getting an adapter?
    Last edited by cloud_kay; 09-06-13 at 03:15 AM.
    09-06-13 03:02 AM
    My SD Cards always fail. I've considered trying different brands.

I feel your frustration. In fact my MicroSD Card failed me about a month ago. Started with dead spots in the card, the just stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:14 AM
    Well if the pics music etc comes up on the PC I'd copy everything off that card to a new folder on the PC and then reformat the Sd card however I'd probably replace the card with a newer one and move the copied files onto the newer Sd card to safe.
    09-06-13 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD