Hi everyone, just got my phone today and am charging it up!

I am wondering if all I have to do is take the SIM from the old phone and put it in the new one, old phon is moto v551 and only on 2nd SIM due to being ported. Other option is to bluetooth it over but will most likely loose ringtones, hoping to keep them if possible.

Just want to get it all up and running, Thanks

CH2B
    Last edited by crackaholic2B; 04-28-08 at 02:16 PM. Reason: couldn't fix title typo anywhay...
    04-28-08 02:14 PM
    If you have moto phone tool save all ringtones to desktop and then import them using desktop manager into your BB device. Maybe you could bluetooth all ringtones over to BB device.
    04-28-08 02:19 PM
    If you have moto phone tool save all ringtones to desktop and then import them using desktop manager into your BB device. Maybe you could bluetooth all ringtones over to BB device.
    thanks for the info working on toothin it

still willing to take more suggestions in case it does not work! they are purcased ringtones from cing/att they did not share with better halfs phone
    04-28-08 02:35 PM
    congrats on the curve and welcome to cb!
    04-28-08 02:42 PM
    Welcome to cb!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 02:46 PM
    Congrats on your new device. Since you have a Moto v551, you more than likely have an outdated sim card as that is a really old phone. I would use the new sim card that came with it. With BB, you can load the DM and hit "Change Device Wizard" and you update your old sim/phone contacts to your BB, provided you have the USB cord to syn to/from your PC.
    04-28-08 02:47 PM
    Glad you got it working!

Welcome to CB.
    04-28-08 03:06 PM
    Congrats on your new device. Since you have a Moto v551, you more than likely have an outdated sim card as that is a really old phone. I would use the new sim card that came with it. With BB, you can load the DM and hit "Change Device Wizard" and you update your old sim/phone contacts to your BB, provided you have the USB cord to syn to/from your PC.
    looks like a great way to go but my knowledge is outdated too what is DM besides dizty/dated me?
    04-28-08 03:15 PM
    DM = Desktop Manager, it is the software that is on the CD that came with your device. Install it onto your PC.

Welcome to CB!
    04-28-08 03:39 PM
    Download manager. The software on your computer that you use to download apps to your berry.

Welcome to cb!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 03:40 PM
    Got new BB and got addresses all in - except - that there's a /M after each name. What is it? Can anyone help?
    June
    Southseapark
    04-28-08 06:08 PM
    well the SIM from my old phone is working in the BB!! the SIM itself is about 2yrs old so I am good for this task!

thanks, see you around!
    04-28-08 06:38 PM
    Congrats on your new phone, you will love it! Good luck with your contacts, Outlook works wonders if you sync with it!
    04-28-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";