does the gps always run on my 9700 or does it only check every so often where it is when i'm not using an app that uses gps?
    11-03-10 07:09 AM
    I've been wondering 'bout that too. Another thing, I noticed that i can only get GPS Location if I hit Menu>Refresh GPS otherwise there is always no info there. So is it ok if I turn the GPS Services>Location OFF? TIA. [/FONT]
    11-03-10 07:25 AM
    If your on OS5, go to options, advanced options, gps and see for yourself. It is an option to turn your GPS on and off. By default I believe its always turned on, and thus it consumes un-needed battery if your not using it.
    11-03-10 07:57 AM
    I've been wondering 'bout that too. Another thing, I noticed that i can only get GPS Location if I hit Menu>Refresh GPS otherwise there is always no info there. So is it ok if I turn the GPS Services>Location OFF? TIA. [/FONT]
    Absolutely. I only turn my GPS on when I need to use it, otherwise its a waste of the phone's battery and processing power.
    11-03-10 07:58 AM
    i'm on os6, so there is no way you can get it to turn on when you use it in an app without having to go to the settings yourself, i know bbmaps will ask you if you want to turn it on but google will not?
    11-03-10 08:03 AM
    Just leave it on, it's not consuming a great deal of resources. I use Poynt all the time and don't want to be bothered turning GPS on/off to save 40 seconds of battery life.
    11-03-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD