Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My friend is an *****!!!

2 weeks before the launch of BB10 and my friend, a long-time BB user, decides to buy an iPhone 5...

At this moment, the only word that can best describe what I feel doesn't exist...But if it did, it would probably be DissapoinAngrUpsetRageMonster.

He spit in my face, as he deliberately ignored my plea to wait for BB10 and then make an educated decision on his own.

Honestly, I wouldn't care what phone he chose to go with, as long as he tried them all first. Now he will never understand the awesomeness that is BB10.

Anyone else have a friend like mine?
    Happy Z10 owner!
    Thanked by:
    malgpz900 (01-20-2013) 
    Qmax, peter9477, Berrimad and 1 others like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Honestly, Crackberry? I can't say i-d-i-o-t???? I will try and keep my potty language to myself next time...
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm glad you cleared that up as I was trying to find a five letter word that would need to be asterisked.
    Z10 OS 10.2.1.2941 (STL 100-2)
    Mrs Pilchard has a Q10
    Playbook (best not talk about that one)

Global Posts
    6,061 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by feldmen01 View Post
    Honestly, Crackberry? I can't say i-d-i-o-t???? I will try and keep my potty language to myself next time...
    It's to thwart the trolls, so they don't call other CB members the "I" word. I really don't see the big deal here. Your friend got the device he wanted. You'll get the device you want. It's a win-win! Once your friend sees your BB10 device in action he might have a case of buyer's remorse...but he might enjoy iOS for awhile. Who knows?
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Thanked by:
    GingerSnapsBack (04-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    It's to thwart the trolls, so they don't call other CB members the "I" word. I really don't see the big deal here. Your friend got the device he wanted. You'll get the device you want. It's a win-win! Once your friend sees your BB10 device in action he might have a case of buyer's remorse...but he might enjoy iOS for awhile. Who knows?
    Kudos to him for buying what he likes, but honestly? TWO WEEKS BEFORE BB10 LAUNCHES?!?!?
    BergerKing and Berrimad like this.

Global Posts
    6,061 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Kudos to him for buying what he likes, but honestly? TWO WEEKS BEFORE BB10 LAUNCHES?!?!?
    I somewhat feel you because my bestie just bought an iPhone 5 himself, even though I've been touting BB10 for awhile, but again that was his decision. I know he'll want to take a guided tour of my z10, and I have a feeling he'll like it. He's actually the one that got me into BB several years ago.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry User

***** is a good 5 letter word.....
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

He became your friend not because he is your twin right? Can't have the same preference for everything. Not even if he is your spouse or kid. Let him enjoy his phone and you enjoy yours. Unless your friendship is solely base on your taste in phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

2 weeks before the launch of BB10 and my friend, a long-time BB user, decides to .....
    He spit in my face, as he deliberately ignored my plea to wait for BB10.......
    Research in Motion Limited (RIMM) Interactive Chart Analysis - NASDAQ.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My friend is an *****!!!-img_00000376.jpg  
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bambinoitaliano View Post
    He became your friend not because he is your twin right? Can't have the same preference for everything. Not even if he is your spouse or kid. Let him enjoy his phone and you enjoy yours. Unless your friendship is solely base on your taste in phone.
    Actually, yes, our friendship is based around our taste in phones, so now I can't be friends with him! Just kidding....kind of....but not really....yeah I am....but I am disappointed!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

Oh well. If your friends gets buyers remorse at least you'll know you tried.
    I know it can be frustrating, but try to be supportive.
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ing for the fjords

uh, two weeks until the unveil, several more until they become available...

Just sayin'
    Thanked by:
    BoldtotheMax (01-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by vorpalz View Post

Just sayin'
    you don't know that. They may very well be available (to some extent) at some location before the launch party.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vorpalz View Post

Just sayin'
    Never the less, it's probably less then a month until street date and the guy bailed ship. Up to him I guess, but if I was someone that had no allegiance I would have waited.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

*****. Just had to type that word and see if it would get edited!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by jefftam68 View Post
    *****. Just had to type that word and see if it would get edited!

Better be careful! You might get an infraction with demerit points!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

who knows... that iphone 5 he just bought might be up on craigslist in a few weeks so he can grab a z10.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    BergerKing and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

My cousin did the same, I even went to the apple store to avoid the purchase but it was late
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Good example of why Facebook Graph Search is a yawner. People are NOT usually interested in their friends' recommendations on what's best, etc. In fact most people are most interested in pushing their preferences on their friends.
    Thanked by:
    nikgilbe (01-19-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

My bf on BBM has just gone and got a Samsung dodad something or other , we used to chat all the time now hardly ever. What is strange is we both have plenty of free text but it never seems the same!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

The keyword is 'launch'. There are no confirmed dates for BlackBerry 10 smartphones to be in the hands of end-users. And 'shortly after launch' is not good enough any more given RIM's track record concerning such statements. I am not expecting BlackBerry 10 from my wireless carrier until mid-February 2013 at the earliest but I will be merrily surprised if it arrives sooner.
    BergerKing likes this.

Global Posts
    32,754 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

In this context I think we are ok. HOWEVER in general it's best to find alternative words for the "I" word. (I can't believe I just said the "I" word!)

An alternate title I might have used would be "Can you Believe my Friend?" or "Guess what my Friend did?" It serves to draw people in to the thread without insulting anyone. BUT I know you are just light heartly teasing your friend and you mean no real harm, so I would not be inclined to issue an infraction here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Quote Originally Posted by ghfred View Post
    My bf on BBM has just gone and got a Samsung dodad something or other , we used to chat all the time now hardly ever. What is strange is we both have plenty of free text but it never seems the same!
    That seem to be the way with me too... Used to talk to many people via BBM, but now I hardly talk to any of them. Sometimes I wish BBM would go multi-platform.
    CrackBerry Genius

***** .. just testing
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

It's no surprise that you see actions like this. My sister just did the same. There's been so much advertising in the last few months, it's a wonder that more people don't take the plunge. Many, many already have done so.

Don't forget that people on this forum are motivated fans, not just consumers. Buying patterns show how much advertising works and the desire to be one with the Joneses is a very strong consumer sentiment. It will be interesting to see RIM'S ad campaign and how well it does to change that consumer mentality so that being cool and at one with the Joneses means owning a BB10.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast