The keyword is 'launch'. There are no confirmed dates for BlackBerry 10 smartphones to be in the hands of end-users. And 'shortly after launch' is not good enough any more given RIM's track record concerning such statements. I am not expecting BlackBerry 10 from my wireless carrier until mid-February 2013 at the earliest but I will be merrily surprised if it arrives sooner.
    I guess we will have to wait until the 30th to see!
    01-18-13 01:17 PM
    buy your z10 when its released and just casually place it down next to you both, make him jealous :P
    01-18-13 01:20 PM
    In this context I think we are ok. HOWEVER in general it's best to find alternative words for the "I" word. (I can't believe I just said the "I" word!)

An alternate title I might have used would be "Can you Believe my Friend?" or "Guess what my Friend did?" It serves to draw people in to the thread without insulting anyone. BUT I know you are just light heartly teasing your friend and you mean no real harm, so I would not be inclined to issue an infraction here.
    Thank you for not serving an infraction notice on this one!
    01-18-13 01:30 PM
    Don't forget that people on this forum are motivated fans, not just consumers.
    Excellent point.

Just like I hated all those Apple fanboi's who wouldn't quit showing me their iPhone, I don't want a BB fanboi pushing their BB10 on me either.

My upgrade is for June. I'll know by then what to buy.
    borbella and sectionsix like this.
    01-18-13 01:35 PM
    HAHAH your a bit too emotional chill out a little bit.

My boy did the same thing although I told him about bb10 october-december I told him how serious BB10 was gonna be.He didnt listen he flat shares with isheep so was probably gone already.There's a few of my boys who are talking about upgrading to orange 5 phone.I have just been laughing at them telling themn about the 10.Come febuary I'll be the only 1 in my circle to have a z10 when i flaunt it infront of them and start doing flashy stuff they gonna cry about buying the orange phone and will give me the line ''why didnt you tell me''.Im just gonna laugh as I kick their *** in the phone comparisons.

There's no need to get mad we cant all be the same ,like the same things.Just enjoy your Z10 and watch your friend look with envy he'll be back.Just be smug and laugh everytime he brings out his orange phone and say ''told you so'' hahahah.

We dont need to shove anything in anyones face curiosity will have them say let me see that from there they'll be back.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-18-13 at 04:29 PM.
    01-18-13 02:33 PM
    ***** .. just testing

No more tests!
    borbella and feldmen01 like this.
    01-18-13 02:33 PM
    I guess we will have to wait until the 30th to see!
    Precisely Comrade Feldman.
    feldmen01 likes this.
    01-18-13 02:41 PM
    His decision and if you're his friend, you will respect his decision.
    borbella likes this.
    01-18-13 02:46 PM
    We dont need to shove anything in anyones face curiosity will have them say let me see that from their they'll be back.
    Sometimes the subtle approach produces better results than childishly proclaiming "My phone is better than your phone!" If you act in a non-exhibitionist manner with your BlackBerry PlayBook running BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 and your BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry OS 10 while seamlessly sending/receiving email, chatting with friends and co-workers, reviewing the presentation which is scheduled for later in the day, and booking a long-overdue vacation, anyone whom might be curious about the devices will be amazed at the ease with which you have been multi-tasking all while enjoying a doughnut and hot chocolate.
    01-18-13 02:53 PM
    Honestly, Crackberry? I can't say i-d-i-o-t???? I will try and keep my potty language to myself next time...
    Don't hold back......tell us how you really feel
    01-18-13 02:57 PM
    In a small office (only 7 people) there are only two BB users left - everyone else is iPhone - most recently my boss and a fellow co-worker switched to iPhone 5 over the holidays. I did my best to extoll the virtues of what is to come from RIM, I told them to be patient, please wait as it will be worth it but it fell on deaf ears. Now, I am the outcast, I am ridiculed and taunted that I am holding on to this "washed up company's old technology" (their words, not mine)

Oh how I cant wait to show up with a shiny new Z10 and prove them all wrong!
    feldmen01 likes this.
    01-18-13 03:01 PM
    I just shot my friend 5 times because he bought an iphone5.
    01-18-13 03:01 PM
    Sometimes people have to get lost before they can be found again, or find themselves. Just ignore the situation till the phones are out and you've got yours, then casually make sure he has opportunities to see that (a) you're amazed with it, and (b) you don't hold a grudge. That will give him the opening to actually look at it with an open mind, and within a week or so he'll show up sporting his own BB10 phone and a sheepish look. Don't say I told you so either.

I like the word you invented though... DisappoinAngrUpsetRageMonster produces nice vivid images for me.
    01-18-13 03:03 PM
    It might not be too late. He can be saved if the iphone is detected early enough so that it may be returned to the store your friend contracted it from.
    01-18-13 03:09 PM
    Man what would we all do If we didn't have these awesome smart phones?

Some of ya make me question why so serious over a phone.

I am out of the norm I guess. I like my phone, but I could live without it if I had to.

I can careless anymore who rocks what. Used to bother me, but way more important things to worry about in life.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    kevinnugent and eddy_berry like this.
    01-18-13 03:27 PM
    His decision and if you're his friend, you will respect his decision.
    I guess I should mention that he asked me for advice, and didn't bother listening to it. So as I should respect his decision, he should also listen to my advice.
    01-18-13 03:28 PM
    Your friend could probably sell it off, get a bb10 and keep the change. i don't believe the rumours about bb10 pricing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 03:30 PM
    Your friend could probably sell it off, get a bb10 and keep the change. i don't believe the rumours about bb10 pricing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    This is true. I'm going to guess 650 to 700 off contract.
    01-18-13 03:49 PM
    I guess I should mention that he asked me for advice, and didn't bother listening to it. So as I should respect his decision, he should also listen to my advice.
    He listened to it... he just chose not to follow it. You're his friend, not his father, so he doesn't have to follow your advice. ;-)
    01-18-13 06:04 PM
    To the OP...Take a deep breath, it's just a phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 06:14 PM
    You can compare phones now when you get your BB10, then point out apple shares crashing and he better sell the iphone on craigslist fast or risk losing his resale value. The value of the hardware will go down along with the stock lol
    01-18-13 06:46 PM
    hmmm a thread about someone using their own money to buy what they like really? Isnt that called having a personality?
    01-18-13 11:05 PM
    Everyone at works thinks I am a fool for wanting a BB10 and investing in RIMM. The last laugh will be mine.

Someone just bought a Windows 8 phone. Lumina 890, 920? I forget. Didn't bother me. Young kid out of college that can';t wait 2 weeks.
    01-19-13 12:02 AM
    In my case, i blame my telephone company (CLARO) but also blame RIM for not pushing them to release this devices earlier. They haven't say anything about the new BB10, and i just read an article that they will be selling the new BB10 devices within the 2nd semester, that's a long wait for me.

My GF was going to buy an iPhone 5, and in told her to wait till Jan 30th, but now, knowing that we wont have the new devices up until may or June, I'm a little disappointed and she is also disappointed cause we were hopping to get her new BB10 in Feb.

I think RIM should put a little more emphasis in Latin America than they are, since their still leaders around here. Told My GF today to go and get what ever she wants, while I'm still going to wait for my Z10 or just buy it on the internet or something, is just not what i wanted cause my contract just concluded and i get a really good discount when renewing the contract.
    01-19-13 12:26 AM
    He'll be back. He'll see what he's missing and when he does, he'll be calling his own self an i-d-i-o-t.
    01-19-13 12:30 AM
88 1234