I have posted allot about my experiences with BlackBerry and OS10, some good and some not so good. But, I always try to be fair and I speak what's on my mind and not what's politically correct, that's just the way I am.

I installed the 10.3.0.1052 leak on my z30 on Sunday morning and after much heavy use for the past three days, I must say I am impressed. First off, my hats off to the software engineering team at BlackBerry for a fine job.

This update now makes my z30 sing, I like the new icons and user interface. The OS looks much more on par with what's currently out there and in my opinion can compete with anything Apple and/or Android currently have.

I have found a few kinks and a couple of my native apps aren't working properly, but that's to be expected. I did contact the app developers and give them a heads up.

The battery performance on 10.3 is fantastic, I turned my device on at 4:30 AM and after a good days use around 7:30 PM I still have 60% left, which for me is fantastic compared to the 50% I had on 10.2, a 10% improvement.

I like the new addition to the Hub that's allows me to read me to select and read my message and when I am done, I simply hit the back arrow which takes me back to the Hub which now displays a trash can to the right of the message I just read and I simply delete it from the Hub, nice little feature.

I also like the look of the new calendar app which is easier to read for me and the addition of the large add button at the bottom makes it a breeze to add an appointment.

I like the look of the home screen over 10.2 and the icons look allot more modern and up to date then those older square ones did. I also noticed how much faster and snappier the entire OS feels compared to 10.2.

Overall this update has got me excited about the passport and what's coming down the road from BlackBerry. I was a long time IOS user and I have tried to go back, but something about BlackBerry keeps calling me back. And frankly, I am glad to be back and I love my z30, 10.3 and the folks on this great forum.

I feel we are a unique community of which I am proud to be a member of. I continue to take my z30 here in the USA and preach the BlackBerry brand to anyone who has an open mind and wants to try something new that will improve their productivity.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1052)
    Last edited by bakron1; 09-03-14 at 03:31 PM.
    09-03-14 08:56 AM
    Glad to hear 10.3 is an improvement. I hope Blend is close behind. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:02 AM
    Good to hear some exiting experience before the official launch of the new Update.

Thanks for sharing and sticking with this brilliant Brand BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:34 AM
    So the passport running 10.3 is gonna be awesome experience.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    09-03-14 09:41 AM
    We need blend Asap. For real.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-03-14 10:22 AM
    I have also loaded 10.3 on my Z30.

The HUB is the "One Inbox to Rule Them All". I have intergrated BeBuzz LED with my alerts which give it an enxhanced appeal.
    Also, the advanced features such is, Lift to wake, flip to mute are really nice and allows addtional battery conservations.
    The data consumption is natively built into the device as well. Not sure how accurate it is. I will compare to my wi-fi usage at home and my cellular bill. 10.3 is the way forward. It amazes me how well most Android apps now run with 10.3. as Bakron mentioned hats off to the dev team. Now only if I an get the push motifications to work....
    09-03-14 10:31 AM
    Is there an easy way to install a leak using a Mac laptop? What about an old XP laptop?
    09-03-14 02:18 PM
    Thanks Many Thanks for your words!!

Gracias, muchas gracias por sus palabras!!
    09-03-14 02:25 PM
    Is there an easy way to install a leak using a Mac laptop? What about an old XP laptop?
    You can't use a Mac because I also use Mac's and I have VMWare with Windows 7 Pro and the autoloader will not run on a virtual machine.

The XP laptop should work fine, install BlackBerry Link and make sure your drivers for your BlackBerry device is working properly and syncing to your PC.

Once you have that done. You can download the desired autoloader file and there are detailed instructions in the OS10 Leak Section stickies to guide you through it, good luck.

Last edited by bakron1; 09-03-14 at 03:36 PM.
    09-03-14 02:33 PM
    awesome, thanks for sharing OP!

patiently waiting for the PASSPORT and the 10.3.1 for my Z30!
    09-03-14 04:48 PM
    Thank you for the great post. U r one of my fave contributors to the forum. Do you know, since I am with T-Mobile, if I will get the official 10.3 update? I have read somewhere that the unlocked phones will get the latest updates regardless of carriers. Is that true? If so, then I will get my BlackBerrys unlocked. I am asking u since I know that u quite tech savvy :-).

I tried loading the latest leak on my Z10 but kept getting an error message.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    09-03-14 06:12 PM
    Thank you for the great post. U r one of my fave contributors to the forum. Do you know, since I am with T-Mobile, if I will get the official 10.3 update? I have read somewhere that the unlocked phones will get the latest updates regardless of carriers. Is that true? If so, then I will get my BlackBerrys unlocked. I am asking u since I know that u quite tech savvy :-).

I tried loading the latest leak on my Z10 but kept getting an error message.

About getting the update through T Mobile, I can't tell you for sure if that will happen with T Mobile and BlackBerry not talking anymore. I do remember BlackBerry saying they would still support the BlackBerry users on the T Mobile network.

I buy all my phones from Canadian sellers and they are unlocked models so I always get the latest updates. You can also buy a factory unlocked version off of the BlackBerry online store or find a used one on Craigslist or eBay.

Just make sure that it's a factory unlocked model and not a T Mobile or AT&T model that's been unlocked. Just to be safe, hope the information helps.

09-03-14 06:34 PM
    About getting the update through T Mobile, I can't tell you for sure if that will happen with T Mobile and BlackBerry not talking anymore. I do remember BlackBerry saying they would still support the BlackBerry users on the T Mobile network.

I buy all my phones from Canadian sellers and they are unlocked models so I always get the latest updates. You can also buy a factory unlocked version off of the BlackBerry online store or find a used one on Craigslist or eBay.

Just make sure that it's a factory unlocked model and not a T Mobile or AT&T model that's been unlocked. Just to be safe, hope the information helps.

Thank you! If not I will try the leak install again.

09-03-14 06:49 PM
    I also loved the lock screen features in 10.3
    1) Turn on screen for new notifications.
    2) Show senders only.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:53 PM
    I just updated to 10.3.0.1154 using my Mac and Sachesi, the non destructive process took a little longer, but I can now do the updated leaks without worrying about using the autoloader.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Last edited by bakron1; 09-07-14 at 04:21 AM.
    09-05-14 03:05 PM
    Is this" turn on screen notification" like the iOS?

Posted via world class Q10 !!
    09-05-14 04:16 PM
    Is this" turn on screen notification" like the iOS?

Posted via world class Q10 !!
    Yeah. It does the same thing, also you can set notification set as only show sender name without senders message.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 12:01 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great post! Looking forward to getting the Passport with the new os... and will then use the z30 as a backup / complementary device.... and upgrade it when blackberry rolls out 10.3.1 on them....

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:48 AM
    I have the 1154 on my Q10 and loving it. Great OS and so far have not noticed any bugs. Only been two days.

Had a problem restoring on daughter's Z10 and from the forum it seems that restoring the media was the problem. Thankfully we were able to get all photos and videos transferred from Box. She is liking the new OS too and is busy working on her settings now, and apps. Did not want me restoring her old settings.

Q10 with 10.3.0.1154
    09-07-14 12:22 PM