I got my first BB about a month and a half ago, a beautiful Titanium Curve 8310. I have never in my life been happier with a phone, and this thing just keeps getting better.

Let me tell you what has happened to my first Curve......

I had been drooling over my buddies Curve for several months and finally decided to go down and pop for one. Got a good deal on it, had it all setup there in the store, everything was great.

Drove home, got out of the car, Curve goes flying onto my asphalt driveway, and somewhere in the distance, I heard a baby crying....oh wait, that was me...

Picked it up and dusted it off, somehow there was very little physical damage and the internals seemed to work fine. So I chalked it up to experience and went on about my day.

Fast forward to yesterday....After about a month or so of really digging into CB and learning the nuances of the Curve, I am really loving this thing now and it does not leave my side....well.....except for yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I wake up and take the kids to school, my wife and do our normal morning routine, clean up the house, do a little workout, and then she heads off to run some errands. I decide I'm going to take the newspaper and some coffee out onto the deck and enjoy the sunshine........a few minuted go by and I hear the phone ringing inside the house. I run in, talk for about 2 minutes and come back out. What do I see when I walk back outside? I see my beautiful female black lab who is about 1 year old, in the yard, chewing the living **** out of my BB.

At that point, I think I blacked out.....

I started out towards her, and on the way decided...."It's not her fault, your the moron that left your pride and joy of a PDA on the table for her to use as a chew-toy."

So, she got off easy, my rubber skin was destroyed (no big deal), there are multiple tooth-marks all over the case and my plastic outer-screen is pretty much destroyed.

The amazing thing is, it still works and shows absolutely no sign of being damaged other than it's appearance. This is one tough phone. I ordered some new pieces and a new screen, now I get to learn how to take this thing apart and replace the damaged housing.

Valuable lesson learned, apparently phones smell like the persons face who uses it, and Lucy (the dog) seems to love the smell of my face.

All that being said, I am a CrackBerry addict and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
    05-07-08 02:03 PM
    Yes they are really tough phones. I have been pretty lucky with mine. Welcome to CB and enjoy the addiction.
    05-07-08 02:08 PM
    As a long time Lab owner (both Yellow and Black), they LOOOOOOVE electronics. And then they look at you with those brown eyes, and you melt.

Welcome to CB!
    05-07-08 04:56 PM
    Glad it all worked out for ya in the end. Be glad it was the dog, when my 2 y/o was teething he laid waste to my wifes Razr

This video will give you an idea of what's involved in disassembly and reassembly
    http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...IPfZXyyXfx6ngT
    05-07-08 05:09 PM
    Oh and a couple of things, the video does not say so but you wil need a T4 or T5 torx driver.

Case opening tool - use a credit card or something of the sort.

And lastly... Welcome to CB, make yourself at home
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-07-08 at 05:21 PM.
    05-07-08 05:16 PM
    Congrats on your bb!! Welcome!!
    05-07-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD