I would give the girl I talked to a 5/5. She was Canadian/American (no foreign accent), she listened to my question and made sure she understood what I was asking. She talked to me like a friend would - not shy or rude or annoyed (they probably get hundreds of questions a day), and best of all, when we were done talking about my question...
    I asked about bb10 and PB updates. She said she didn't know any rock solid info that the public doesn't know, but she has heard through the grape vine at RIM that the upcoming 2.1 for PlayBook may feature customizable notification sounds as well as maybe Jaycut Video Editor!
    Don't quote me or her on this because she repeatedly said that it very well may be a complete lie that someone randomly started, but her guess is that it's true. She also said that BlackBerry 10 will be the "next biggest thing" in the smartphone competition and that she has high hopes that it will surprise many BlackBerry haters. Her reason for thinking this is because, they showcased the camera app and keyboard app at bb world which are pretty amazing, and that they most likely wouldn't showcase their two most amazing apps before the new OS is out. So basically she means that it's likely that the other apps that will come with BlackBerry 10 will exceed the amazingness of the time warp camera and revolutionary on screen keyboard.
    This information is nothing new but it is good to hear someone who is relatively close to RIM saying these things.
    Thanks RIM support!
    00stryder, sk8er_tor and Eli_B like this.
    05-28-12 08:53 PM
    Sounds like you had a good experience
    05-28-12 09:06 PM
    My experience with RIM's tech support for the PlayBook was fantastic, they swapped out my PlayBook for a damaged USB connector quickly and followed up to remind me I hadn't sent my PlayBook in to get looked at after I'd had the Box for a week

Stephanie was her name, and she was fantastic to deal with both via phone and email.
    00stryder and Eli_B like this.
    05-28-12 09:08 PM
    Sounds like nice and helpful person you spoke to. The part about the bb10 / camera / keyboard....you haven't seen nothing yet kinda words is exciting.

We're potentially going to be in for a treat.
    05-28-12 09:19 PM
    I also had a very good experience with rim tech support. While I am still waiting on my replacement charger for my playbook I was treated well on the phone. They did warn me it would be about 3 weeks so I haven't been sitting and waiting wondering where it is. I guess if I didn't have my wife's playbook charger pulling double duty I may not be as patience. Anyway they did say that they would be sending the rapid charger as a replacement. I do have a pending rma so I can follow up if need be. Lets just hope it arrives soon.
    05-28-12 09:27 PM
    Damn, you are guys/gals are lucky eh. Mine wasn't that great lucky my problem wasn't such a big deal eh, just annoying
    05-28-12 10:28 PM
    Yeah I had a great experience with RIM tech support as well, just like you described. Changed drastically from how it used to be.
    05-28-12 11:57 PM
    I would have to say most of my tech experience with RIM has been positive as well...
    ...I believe they train their people more so than most if not all the other gaget companies.
    05-29-12 10:32 AM
    A while back, I also had a wonderful experience with RIM tech support. Here is the link to my thread if you care to read it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...ce-tmo-691227/
    05-29-12 11:15 AM
    Hey Yoox, did you call about your email problem? If so is it working now?
    05-29-12 12:35 PM
    I actually just had a terrible experience with BlackBerry Support, they've had my PlayBook for over a month and they're still returning it back to me without repair.
    05-29-12 12:59 PM
    Hey Yoox, did you call about your email problem? If so is it working now?
    The reason I called wasn't for the email problem I'm having but I did ask her about it. We tried everything possible but no solution was found. She says if none of that worked, it must be my Hotmail account or the Hotmail server. I agree with her cause I even wiped my playbook twice and it still does it. I'm hoping I don't have to create a new email account so fix the problem but I may have to.
    Thanks kbz1960 for suggesting things on my Hotmail problem thread, I appreciate it.
    05-29-12 01:59 PM
    The reason I called wasn't for the email problem I'm having but I did ask her about it. We tried everything possible but no solution was found. She says if none of that worked, it must be my Hotmail account or the Hotmail server. I agree with her cause I even wiped my playbook twice and it still does it. I'm hoping I don't have to create a new email account so fix the problem but I may have to.
    Thanks kbz1960 for suggesting things on my Hotmail problem thread, I appreciate it.
    It's nice to hear that you had such a great experience, those things make you want to stay with a company.. And I had good experience with thier support too.
    05-29-12 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD