I'm on ATT and I currently have a Moto L2 (a low end slvr w/ no camera), and I've decided that I'm getting a BlackBerry. Should I pop for a Curve now or wait for the Bold? Looking at the discounts, they are usually around $150 off retail. So if the Bold releases at $450 (Just a guess based on the 400-500 estimates other people have been throwing around) That means even with a discount I'm looking at a $300 phone. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. I can get a Curve for $100 after a mail in rebate.

What would you do?
    05-20-08 11:12 AM
    Curvecurvecurvecurvecurve!
    05-20-08 11:13 AM
    I have the Curve and its a great device but I think not waiting for the BOLD will be a big mistake. I would wait for the BOLD.
    05-20-08 11:14 AM
    I have the Curve and its a great device but I think not waiting for the BOLD will be a big mistake. I would wait for the BOLD.
    I have to agree. Love the Curve but the Bold is, well...........
    05-20-08 11:26 AM
    I have to agree. Love the Curve but the Bold is, well...........
    But do we have an official release date? And if we do how can you wait longer than 5 min without a berry? I would be baffled. LOL
    05-20-08 11:34 AM
    I love the curve too!
    But I want the Bold!!!
    Willing to give up vitamin water for a mth!
    05-20-08 11:35 AM
    If I were you I'd wait till the Bold came out so you could compare them. I LOVE my Curve to pieces, but think the Bold deserves a fighting chance.
    05-20-08 11:39 AM
    But do we have an official release date? And if we do how can you wait longer than 5 min without a berry? I would be baffled. LOL

Not an official date but July has been mentioned by many articles for At&t.
    05-20-08 11:51 AM
    Wait and compare when the Bold is released. I have heard AT&T will be around $300 when they get it.
    05-20-08 11:58 AM
    I will wait for the bold.
    05-20-08 12:00 PM
    ok, I did it. I sprung for the red curve. As great as the new features of the Bold sound, I didn't want to wait around for a phone that might not be released for 3-4 months and then be priced way too high anyway.

A $300-$400 phone PLUS the $90/month is just too much for me. I'll save that extra $200 and use it for my college loans or something
    05-20-08 02:31 PM
    Bold. Wait for it. Curve is good. I know the Bold will be better. Wait it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 02:41 PM
    I respect your decision, manual_overide, and a Curve is very nice. I think I'd have waited and used the time to pony up the money for a Bold. Love my Curve, love my 8830, but the Bold is/will be the new hotness. Couple hundred dollars aren't gonna make that much of a difference with student loans one way or the other, believe me. But the feeling of holding an awesome new Blackberry Bold in your hands? Well, you know the commercial: Priceless.
    05-20-08 03:29 PM
    I respect your decision, manual_overide, and a Curve is very nice. I think I'd have waited and used the time to pony up the money for a Bold. Love my Curve, love my 8830, but the Bold is/will be the new hotness. Couple hundred dollars aren't gonna make that much of a difference with student loans one way or the other, believe me. But the feeling of holding an awesome new Blackberry Bold in your hands? Well, you know the commercial: Priceless.

lol, speaking as a current stundet, a couple hundred dollars can make a differance between raman noodles or a steak dinner for the month for a college student :P I love my curve, it does what I need and there will always be a "new" bold berry to be released in the future.
    05-20-08 05:49 PM
    I'd go with the Curve, from all the pictures I've seen for the Bold it looks like its the same keyboard as the 8800 phones. For me on the 8800's the keys are too close together. Basically from what I'm seeing picture wise it's the 8800 phone with camera and without world capabilities.
    05-20-08 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD