Okay so my BB, 8703e, is all of a week old, and yesterday I noticed that the "e" key isn't working properly. It's like, when I type a message that has the letter e, 9 times out of 10 I have to go back and push that button again because when I pushed it the first time, it didn't work.

What do I do? This sucks!

Oh I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section - sorry if I didn't!
    03-27-07 08:07 AM
    It might get moved but i dont think its a biggie...
    Secondly, have you spilt anything or dropped it

Sometime dust can get under the keys or fluff and cause issues.

If its a week old, it could be exchanged as a worst case scenario. Sometimes a good "blow" around the key pad might help.

In photography shops you can buy air canisters...they propel a fast air jet, which gets rid of most rubbish....

I am sure someone else may have experience the same...

But if its any consolation...i know how frustrating it is...

Okay so my BB, 8703e, is all of a week old, and yesterday I noticed that the "e" key isn't working properly. It's like, when I type a message that has the letter e, 9 times out of 10 I have to go back and push that button again because when I pushed it the first time, it didn't work.

What do I do? This sucks!

Oh I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section - sorry if I didn't!
    03-27-07 08:29 AM
    Nope, I've been extra careful with it! I'll look for some air canisters and see if that works - I need one for my laptop anyway. If I had to exchange it, would the fact that I backed up everything on my laptop mean I could put it onto the BB? And would I get a new one or would I get a used one (I'm with Sprint, I'm paying that extra $4 a month for Service and Repair)?

I hope it'll just fix itself... SOMETIMES it works properly (like just now when I was testing it on the notepad section) but then occasionally it doesn't and that's frustrating!
    03-27-07 09:18 AM
    As for a replacement, I am not sure how that works, but as for it working intermittenly...I am guessing a contact issue or something under there. Not sure if the air will work, but if you need one anyway thats worth a go. Just dont shake it and hold it too near the BB....

If you have backed up it does mean you will be able to load in onto new BB. Very easily done....

Might be worth just testing you can do it now to get practice. If you have DM 4.2 you can do a back up and then re load it simply....

I hope it gets sorted...
    03-27-07 09:23 AM
    If you're having problems with it now, I'd just suggest contacting Sprint and exchanging it for a new one. It has a one year warranty. Like Tmag said, just go into Desktop Manager, create a backup, and then when the new one arrives, you can restore the data. Or if you have them both there at the same time, you can use the Switch Device Wizard on DM v4.2 and it will do all the work for you.

Let us know how this turns out.
    03-27-07 10:23 AM
    If you're having problems with it now, I'd just suggest contacting Sprint and exchanging it for a new one. It has a one year warranty. Like Tmag said, just go into Desktop Manager, create a backup, and then when the new one arrives, you can restore the data. Or if you have them both there at the same time, you can use the Switch Device Wizard on DM v4.2 and it will do all the work for you.

Let us know how this turns out.
    Should I go into the store with it or just call them or...?

Will do, I definitely don't want the button to quit working on me, especially after the warranty expires - might as well fix it while I can.
    03-27-07 12:14 PM
    Not sure how it works with Sprint, but T-Mobile won't let you do an exchange in the store. You have to call customer service and go through some quick tech support to make sure it's not a user error problem. Once they figure out you know what you're talking about, they'll send you a warranty replacement.

I'd suggest calling you local Sprint store and see if they can exchange there, or if you have to call customer service.
    03-28-07 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD