You should probably quit. They're worse than t-mobile!...
    03-12-14 02:36 PM
    I'd like to see BlackBerry get aggressive with this kind of attack. Loose the legal dogs to hurt people in the bank account.
    That'll endear them back into the public's good graces...
    milo53 likes this.
    03-12-14 02:37 PM
    Have you contacted BlackBerry's legal department? That could be slander.
    You probably mean libel since this was a written memo and not a spoken statement.

In any case, other than invite another round of chest thumping by John Chen or some other BBRY representative, contacting BBRY will not result in any legal sanction on this company. The best defence in any defamation suit is the truth and I'm not even sure BBRY would welcome its day in court where opposing counsel can seek production of and dissect internal company documentation (memos, communications, financial projections) etc and even cross examine company officials in the process -- let's not forget the recent comments by BBRY's own CEO speculating on BBRY's chances of survival. Any recent law school grad could quite successfully argue that a company's CEO's natural tendency is to portray a more positive as opposed to a more negative picture. Since Mr Chen placed the odds of BBRY's survival at just 50%, it could quite easily be argued that any reasonable observer would interpret that to mean that BBRY was at real risk of (imminent) collapse (ie. when the CEO of a company only sees a 50% chance of survival, any reasonable observer could conclude that there is a real and imminent danger that the company will collapse). That and introducing into evidence BBRY's truly woeful sales and marketshare performance and you have the makings of a slam dunk "truth defence".

Like Chen's recent foray into chest thumping against T-Mobile's John Legere, I'm not sure whether turning BBRY's legal eagles on this memo's author would result in a win for BBRY.
    richardat likes this.
    03-12-14 04:21 PM
    Well, send them back an email saying you want a new BlacKBerry Z30.
    It's cheaper than the iPhone.
    Also, if they give you an iPhone, refuse to answer emails or phone calls on your iPhone, or have a couple of accidents with that iPhone.
    03-12-14 04:58 PM
    Although the Android OS has the largest market share, there are several (perhaps many) Android phone manufacturers that are much closer to collapse than BBRY...
    03-12-14 08:56 PM
    For those who don't understand, it was never about a law suit, it's about chutzpah.
    Like I always say, nothing shows "chutzpah" like filing a lawsuit over an internal memo leaked to a fan site by a rogue employee.

Seriously, if you want to show "chutzpah," filing a lawsuit is not the way to go.
    03-12-14 09:18 PM
    I've never seen a company NOT run by idiots.
    BlackBerry seems to be getting better in that regard ...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:38 PM
    Sounds like someone at your company is anti-blackberry and wants to move away from it so they dreamt up this memo that doesn't have any "real" facts in. I ask them if they have any "real" proof other than what someone else who has no merit nor sits on the BlackBerry board has to say.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-13-14 02:51 AM
    At least this is the word from an internal memo at our company. See below!

"Blackberry is close to collapse, the Android operating system is now leading the market, and the iPhone remains the leader on Enterprise market. Microsoft bought Nokia, Google bought Motorola and is now selling it to Lenovo, and Samsung just released its own operating system: Tizen. Change is afoot for "our company's" mobile phone environment too!"
    And then I laughed
    03-13-14 04:52 AM
84 ... 234