02-23-09 02:31 PM
- Is this a memory issue? i have a 128 memory card where I keep all my photos and I still have 73 MB fee in it.
I Checked Options>Status>File free and it says 0 "Bytes". Does that mean the memory is full? And if so what's taking up all the memory? All my pics are on the memory card and there's not much on the phone that would use memory space.
Thanks02-23-09 01:03 PM
- It is a memory issue. A media card does nothing to help this. They are used to store pictures, ringtones etc etc.
You need to pull your battery! Once you do that delete all unneeded texts, emails. If you are a heavy texter this will happen or if you store a ton of pictures on the device memory itself.
Most times I have seen this happen its because people have hundreds if not thousands of texts/emails. After you pull the battery and remove the texts/emails you can reset or pull that battery again, then check the file free, it should have jumped up. When you close programs use menu>close as well. Here is a link to assist you with more memory related information.
Last edited by Tremortality; 02-23-09 at 01:07 PM.02-23-09 01:05 PM
- Welcome to CrackBerry, It is a very common problem and we meet a lot of new members with exactly the same complaints.
The problem is your memory, the solution is to clean it up for smooth running.
Memory Optimization Procedure (MOP)02-23-09 01:16 PM
- The reason that the test and call logs keep disapearing is because you have no internal memory. As the internal memory goes to zero, things begin to erase to save space for the important things on the phone itself. As for what is causing it, there could be many things, a lot of programs running seems to be the most common reason.02-23-09 01:16 PM
- Yes, you must pull the battery with the phone on. This will reset the phone. Then recheck your file free and tell us what number is reported.
If the file free goes way up, then you had a lot of open apps running in the background from not being properly closed after using. To properly close applications press the Menu key then select Close/Exit, you can't just press the Back key, or the red Call End button or the app continues to run in device memory.02-23-09 01:25 PM
- Reed McLayRetired Moderator
The problem is, you have sample videos, music and images saved in memory. All new BlackBerry have them. They take up a lot of space, about 6 Mb. Getting rid of them frees up that space.
There are other settings and changes you can make to free up memory space. Once it has enough, it will run smoothly and does not erase your SMS messages and call logs.02-23-09 01:26 PM
- All I have on this phone extra is Google maps,shortcut to the weather channel and Myspace which I rarely use cause the application sucks. As I said before,my txts USED to stay in memory for 2 months, now they only last for about a week and I'm not texting any more than I used to.Also why if I have 0 text and calls in the log the mery is still showing 0? How can I delete programs such as myspace?
Thanks very much.02-23-09 01:29 PM
- options>advanced>applications and delete what you dont want from there. If you do a battery pull after deleting the texts it will refresh the memory etc. Have you deleted the texts and pulled the battery yet - report the file free. If you do regular housecleaning on the phone, deleting logs, texts and the like you should never have this issue. The link above is helpful since unwanted apps and things that came with the phone can be removed which will save space.02-23-09 01:33 PM
- That could be it certainly. Not sure that would make you hit 0 but that along with many texts would
You can always hit alt - esc (rt of the trackball) you will see 5 icons. They are always there (phone, messages, browser, homescreen and bbm) anything else is suspect.......
Trem02-23-09 02:10 PM
Still, have you done the battery pull yet? It won't hurt your phone, promise.
Also, to check if there are any open apps running, from home screen, hold down the Alt key then hold down the Back key. This will display all open apps. There will always be 5 apps (Home, BBM, Messages, Browser, and Phone), if ther is anything else running, scroll to the app and release the back key and your BB will switch to that application. Press the Menu key and select Exit/Close to properly shutdown the app.
EDIT: As usual, Tremortality has beat me once again. ;o)02-23-09 02:14 PM
Yes I did pull the battery and the memory did go up. But that is expected if all my txts and call log were erased.
Thanks02-23-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD