Yesterday, while I was headed to lunch, I was flagged down by a couple in their car (parked at the curb). They needed to get to a place that offered career counseling services (I'll whithhold the name), but they were totally lost. I told them that if they gave me a minute, I could look it up.

The first thing I did was fire up Poynt. I waited until it knew my GPS location (maybe 7 seconds) and then did a yellow page search for the name of the business. When it came up, I gave them their phone number. Then, I mapped it from our location and gave them directions. It wasn't too far off from where we were, maybe 3 or 4 miles.

Needless to say, they were very thankful for my help.
    02-20-09 12:19 PM
    Sweet, I am sure that made quite the impression on them.

Smart Phones, indeed.
    02-20-09 12:23 PM
    That was a nice thing u did-good for u!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 12:29 PM
    Yesterday, while I was headed to lunch, I was flagged down by a couple in their car (parked at the curb). They needed to get to a place that offered career counseling services (I'll whithhold the name), but they were totally lost. I told them that if they gave me a minute, I could look it up.

The first thing I did was fire up Poynt. I waited until it knew my GPS location (maybe 7 seconds) and then did a yellow page search for the name of the business. When it came up, I gave them their phone number. Then, I mapped it from our location and gave them directions. It wasn't too far off from where we were, maybe 3 or 4 miles.

Good deed indeed. But man here in L.A. I wouldn't stop to anyone flagging me down.
    02-20-09 12:36 PM
    Nice work. I do things like that a lot because of the technologically lost who seem to always need 411.

I've convinced at least 2 of my fellow drivers to save their money when they don't need a laptop, get a BB instead.

02-20-09 12:38 PM
    It is a very nice deed. I am always using my berry to help people out. I did so before I even had gps!
    02-20-09 12:44 PM
    Good deed indeed. But man here in L.A. I wouldn't stop to anyone flagging me down.
    Haha yeah I know exactly what you mean. I'm just glad they weren't driving a van w/o windows
    02-20-09 12:47 PM
    I think that's awesome! I wouldn't do it in my neighborhood, however I have been in places where I've been asked for directions and would have helped if I had known. Wow! BB's and their capabilities never cease to amaze me.

I know my BB has replaced the old heavy phone books I carried in the car and saved my *** from missing an important appointment. BB's really rock and I don't know how I have lived so long without it.

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 12:54 PM
    blackberry to the rescue.......
    02-20-09 02:13 PM

LMAO!! That wasnt your BlackBerry to the rescue; just you showing off!
    02-20-09 04:55 PM
    that was very nice of you...great story!
    02-20-09 10:02 PM
    When I was in class today someone needed directions to a gym and I was able to get it for them. I also pull it out every time someone has a googleable question. It's just kind of nice
    02-20-09 10:08 PM

I'm sure they were thankful. That was a very nice thing for you to do. And, it also showed the power of blackberry.
    02-20-09 10:14 PM
    blackberry to the rescue.......
    quoted for truth!
    02-20-09 11:45 PM
    Very nice, just goes to show and remind us why BB are a part of our life

02-21-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD