05-11-09 03:20 PM
65 123
tools
    Next his phone is gonna start whispering sweet nothings into his ear while he sleeps and he's going to find red lipsstick on him when he wake up. "Man, that was a strange dream... *shrugh* *looks in the mirror* WTF man!?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 10:02 AM
    seeming randomly. AT&T had no idea how to turn it off. Speaks even when the phone is on vibrate. Often in the middle of the night when the phone is not moving.

Any ideas?
    Wow mine has never done that but I have cell broadcast turned off. I turned it on just to hear this

Julian
    11-08-08 10:07 AM
    Are you sure you aren't dreaming? Just kidding - but, that sounds VERY creepy.
    11-08-08 10:12 AM
    Try options>advanced>cell broadcast settings and switch it off.
    I've been lmao every since the beginning of this thread! My cell broadcast option has always been on...my BB won't talk to me...I feel inferior... Do you have a GPS program installed?
    11-08-08 11:14 PM
    lmao oh boy that is creepy!
    11-08-08 11:25 PM
    I have no idea what the issue with the OP's phone is but Cell
    Broadcasting has nothing to do with it.

Cell Broadcasting is a method to send messages to multiple users
    in a given area at the same time.
    11-09-08 12:20 AM
    Wow, I literally just burst out laughing. In the middle of the night? That must be terrible. Most likely, you have some GPS or similar program running in the background or something along those lines. I'd advise you to wipe the device and reinstall the OS, unless you want to investigate the cause further.
    11-09-08 12:27 AM
    Wiping the device and reinstalling the OS might be a bit extreme
    at this point. A call to the carrier and asking them to put you in
    touch with RIM would probably be more in order as a first step.
    11-09-08 12:34 AM
    Those of us who use Verizon don't need that feature. We have signal everywhere

Can you hear me now?

Good.

Rofl.

11-09-08 12:49 AM
    mine does the SAME thing. glad to hear i'm not the only one. wish i had an answer, but was one here searching for one... :/
    11-09-08 09:34 PM
    This is so funny. Sorry I am sure its annoying since I put mine on silent and upside down so that the blinking blue light and the chimes don't wake me up anymore (because you know I HAVE to check it!) But if my berry talked I would want to request it say certain things lol
    11-10-08 01:14 AM
    This is one of the funniest threads I have seen in a long time. I have been trying hard not to laugh out loud at work. Very curious to see what the solution is!
    11-11-08 02:56 PM
    mine doesn't talk to me either..well except for that one time I accidentally accepted a voicenote over BBM and it was my best friend screaming something about cake and beer...oh my...
    11-11-08 03:29 PM
    Those of us who use Verizon don't need that feature. We have signal everywhere

Can you hear me now?

Good.

Rofl.

Except Puerto Rico, and 95% of the rest of the world. Can you hear me... in France?

Holland?

United Kingdom? thought so.
    11-11-08 04:07 PM
    Hi there. I laughed out loud during this post also!!
    I am having the same problem. I see that several people have asked if you have GPS software installed, but I don't see any answers.
    I'm having the same problem and it happens when you least want it to. And yes, I have Telenav running because I cannot figure out how to keep it from running short of rebooting the device. That's my next Google, how to turn off Telenav.
    11-28-08 05:38 PM
    Often in the middle of the night when the phone is not moving.

Any ideas?
    Call a priest and do an exorcism quickly . But makes sure he goes lightly with the holy water

11-28-08 06:36 PM
    Wondering if it would be a theme controlled thing, Can someone with the problem maybe try another theme?
    11-28-08 07:22 PM
    I would be pretty disgruntled if my phone started blurting out nonsense. Maybe you should come to Verizon...if you always have service you won't get a message telling you that you now have it.
    11-29-08 03:50 PM
    I would be pretty disgruntled if my phone started blurting out nonsense. Maybe you should come to Verizon...if you always have service you won't get a message telling you that you now have it.
    ...And maybe you and the rest of the VZW cheerleaders need to recognize that
    despite their adverts or what the J.D. Powers survey says, VZW downright
    sucks in some areas. As do all carriers.
    11-29-08 03:59 PM
    As do all carriers.
    Ain't that the truth .

I' ve had my problems with Telus and considered switching to another company after 10 years with Telus...but when ya do a little digging you quickly find out that they're all the same and ya just pick the lesser of the evils

11-29-08 06:00 PM
    I remember this thread! Did the OP ever figure out a way to silence his phone?
    11-29-08 07:39 PM
    Ahaha, I've never been refered to as a cheerleader before...but I will take that as a compliment since everyone loves a good cheerleader.

Come join the VZW team. If everyone had VZW, we could all talk for free! Yay.

And what do you mean VZW doesn't have great service everywhere? You take that back, there is no need to bold face lie.

Last edited by dredayholiday; 11-29-08 at 07:47 PM.
    11-29-08 07:45 PM
    And what do you mean VZW doesn't have great service everywhere? You take that back, there is no need to bold face lie.
    VZW coverage is truly pitiful here and the majority of places I regularly travel.
    I am sure the same could be said for every other carrier, but face it VZW is
    not perfect. It just works very well where you are.

Now, what do say if we let this thread get back to it's intended purpose,
    you know, resolving the OP's problem.
    11-29-08 08:30 PM
    Ahaha, I've never been refered to as a cheerleader before...but I will take that as a compliment since everyone loves a good cheerleader.

Come join the VZW team. If everyone had VZW, we could all talk for free! Yay.

I used to live in a vzw dead zone. I know this because I was a vzw subscriber. Centennial worked fine as did most of the other carriers but even roaming no vzw could carry a signal consistently.

11-29-08 08:37 PM
    Pfft, AG. I haven't been a cheerleader since high school. I just personally prefer vzw.

11-29-08 08:40 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";