I change my blackberry's all the time, and have logged on into all of them but now ive maxed out on logging in to my bb id.. it wont let me do anything on there since there is so much security on bbs now adays i cant even change my phone!

is there any way i can switch devices using my current id? don't really want to make another id mainly because all my bbm is linked to it and a few apps i have bought from the store. what can i do to restore account back to normal?

i am moving from a 9790 to a 9900 btw
    03-12-13 07:02 PM
    What do you mean "maxed out"? What happens when you try to login?
    03-12-13 07:43 PM
    it says my blackberry id log in on devices have reached its limit.. please contact your provider or see the blackberry website for more information or something like that.

is there any way to back up my bbm to a new blackberry id? so if i make another account is there a way i could link everything to that new account?

thanks
    03-13-13 12:33 PM
    You could backup your BBM to the SD card from within the BBM app. If you have BlackBerry Protect you can use that to switch devices as well or the device switch wizard using the desktop program and your old phone.

If the BBM is backed up to the SD card you could try setting up a new BBID and then restore the BBM from the SD on the new phone.

You may solve your problem by security wiping your old devices, but I assume they need to on the network ( BIS active SIM in the phone) when you do this for it to clear them from your BBID. You would then be able to use your existing BBID on the new phone. If your phones were lost, do as BlackBerry suggested, call your carrier to get them disconnected from the BIS system.
    03-13-13 01:17 PM
    Yeah but bb has track of the bbid so I don't think a wipe or anything would help
    03-13-13 02:05 PM
    my 9790 doesnt have the back up option in the settings, so i cant back up to sd card unfortunately.
    03-13-13 02:08 PM
    sorry my bad!!!!

it says "You have reached the maximum number of PIN changes for this account. Please visit...."
    03-13-13 02:17 PM
    If you transferred your BBID for BlackBerry World to over 5 devices or changed to over 15 devices using the same BBID in general, your only option may be to create a new and separate BBID. Sorry about that.

There is a maximum of 15 (unique) device swaps per product line allowed in one year. Contact the service provider if the maximum number of device swaps has been reached in error.
    Michael Clewley talks about this in the BB support forums...
    Multiple devices + 1 BBID - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

He also points to this KB...
    KB28543-Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices

Hope this helps...
    03-13-13 06:44 PM
    Wow! All I have to say is "achievement unlocked"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-13-13 06:55 PM
    If you transferred your BBID for BlackBerry World to over 5 devices or changed to over 15 devices using the same BBID in general, your only option may be to create a new and separate BBID. Sorry about that.

Michael Clewley talks about this in the BB support forums...
    Multiple devices + 1 BBID - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

He also points to this KB...
    KB28543-Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices

Hope this helps...
    Not sure if they still do this, but there is a way to reset. You don't have to give up your contacts and paid apps. You can call your carrier, and asked them to transfer your call to support in canada. If you call directly there will be a charge if i'm not mistaken.

I did the same last year and had to call them. I have a bunch of paid apps there. Very friendly support staffs I must say. They reset the count, and its all good now.
    03-14-13 05:07 AM
    Not sure if they still do this, but there is a way to reset. You don't have to give up your contacts and paid apps. You can call your carrier, and asked them to transfer your call to support in canada. If you call directly there will be a charge if i'm not mistaken.

I did the same last year and had to call them. I have a bunch of paid apps there. Very friendly support staffs I must say. They reset the count, and its all good now.
    Exactly. Yes. They still do that. You are also correct about the charges if called directly and not escalated through your carrier.
    The OP already received a message on his device to contact his service provider.
    It has already been recommended for the OP to do just that.
    The OP has not stated that he tried this recommendation after it was presented.

Those are the same instructions provided in the links I posted.
    If not, the only other recourse is to create a new BBID. Look at the quote I retrieved from M. Clewley...
    There is a maximum of 15 (unique) device swaps per product line allowed in one year. Contact the service provider if the maximum number of device swaps has been reached in error.
    The KB article recommends the same for a situation such as the OP posted.
    it says my blackberry id log in on devices have reached its limit.. please contact your provider or see the blackberry website for more information or something like that.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-14-13 05:40 AM
    my 9790 doesnt have the back up option in the settings, so i cant back up to sd card unfortunately.
    I just checked on my 9900 and the backup to SD is gone. It must have been removed with the latest BBM when they decided to link your BBM to your BBID, rather than your PIN.

You are just going to have to call the carrier and get BlackBerry to reset it for you.
    03-14-13 09:10 AM
    I just checked on my 9900 and the backup to SD is gone. It must have been removed with the latest BBM when they decided to link your BBM to your BBID, rather than your PIN.

You are just going to have to call the carrier and get BlackBerry to reset it for you.
    Yea it disappeared with BBM7
    I like how it's linked to your BBID now. I think they should have done this years ago, but I still wish they had kept the backup option.....

BTW if you use BB Desktop software to backup your device, you can use that to do a restore to a pre-BBM7 backup, & then ONLY select BBM contacts.
    03-14-13 10:10 AM
    Wow OP! I commend you. Rocking the BB's like flavors of the week. That's true addiction. Hopefully customer service will be so-operative and you can get it reset without charge.
    MADBRADNYC and Krack-Berri like this.
    03-14-13 10:25 AM
    Wow OP! I commend you. Rocking the BB's like flavors of the week. That's true addiction. Hopefully customer service will be so-operative and you can get it reset without charge.
    ^^^THIS!!!^^^
    03-14-13 11:48 AM
    Hahaha, its all sorted out. I talked to tmobile they said ring blackberry but i sent them a quick email through a link i saw on another thread, and got a reply back the following day and had my account reset. Really started hating bbs but then my love came back
    03-17-13 11:12 AM
    Just in case anyone else falls into this problem.

Give your network a call and ask them to put you through to blackberry. As when i rang tmobile myself they said ring blackberry, i gave them a ring but they said they have a charge of $49.99 or this can be done freely if you ring your network and ask them to put you through, this way they are the ones paying for this service.

Or do what i did, fill in a form and all done, you should get a reply & account reseted in 24hours, hope this is some help to someone.
    03-17-13 11:14 AM