So, I have been using BlackBerry's since 2010. I had the trackwheel one as my first BB which didn't even have a camera! The other day I was taking pictures with my 9860 and they were a bit rough and as I was getting frustrated I stumbled across the options for daylight settings, nighttime settings, etc.

I couldn't believe that I hadn't figured that out earlier and still don't know if my old BB's had them. A phone that was already taking pretty good photos got even better!

When I showed people the pictures I was able to get with my Torch they were like thats a BlackBerry?

Yep yep! Feeling the love again!

So guys what are those little discoveries you have made with your BlackBerries, features you found that you didn't know it had that made you enjoy it that little bit extra?
    07-07-12 07:43 PM
    My 9900 makes phone calls! I was amazed, had no idea!!!!

just kiddin, I have nothing to add. haha

Well I didn't know it had a compass but I haven't had a use for it yet.

BoldPreza and AlienSlacker like this.
    07-07-12 07:55 PM
    Whilst bridged to my playbook using the remote I can hold Alt down and scroll up & down the pb screen with the trackpad, which I read.

Then I realised with my bold I'm able to hold Alt and use the bolds screen to scroll too.
    BoldPreza and AlienSlacker like this.
    07-07-12 07:56 PM
    the "alt" key is a super useful button. I only found out about using "alt" and the trackpad to zoom in and out of webpages a few months back.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    07-07-12 08:30 PM
    If you place two fingers on your 9900's screen and pull down it will aslo scroll on the playbook. Quite nice.

And on a note to the OP. Let me show you a picture I snapped on my front porch with my old Torch 9800. This has not been edited in any way.
    AlienSlacker and Just Me like this.
    07-07-12 08:38 PM
    Great idea for a thread!! This isn't a hidden feature by any means, but I love the BB unified inbox that keeps ALL notifications! On Android once you check a notification its gone unless you find it in that specific app.

Oh! Just thought of something else: When I first learned BB could automatically increase the sound when making a call if there was a lot of background noise. I was talking to my mom when I first noticed this and I was very impressed.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    07-07-12 09:02 PM
    Well, after I got my Droid Razr, I learned that BB had a memory cleaning feature (basically Disk Clean Up except for a BB) so I went onto my retired Tour (which I may switch back to) and sure enough...Memory cleaning.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    07-07-12 09:29 PM
    The feature I really use a lot is the Switch Application shortcut in the menu. It really helps me zip around by eliminating keypresses to go to the homescreen for multi-tasking.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    07-07-12 09:47 PM
    The password keeper app can generate random passwords for you
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    07-07-12 10:34 PM
    The feature I found out about late in the game was Dial From Homescreen.
    For a person that uses the phone as much as I do this was a revelation
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    07-07-12 10:41 PM
    I like having my keyboard setup to use it as application shortcuts from the home screen.
    07-08-12 12:55 AM
    I'm pretty sure that every body but me knew this but I just recently found out that you can take notes on your BB while in the middle of a call and when you end the call your notes will be saved to your call log.
    07-08-12 01:11 AM
    The fact that you barely found out shows how the UI is not intuitive enough. BB7 was definitely a stopgap band-aid to get to BB10.
    07-08-12 01:17 AM
    I am not sure. To hold "A" to lock screen (on Bold 9930). ALT+trackpad=zooming in on web pages or optional key on side of device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 01:42 AM
    When a Judge says to me "how is this date for a pre trial conference," I like having the power to get it up and in front of me expeditiously.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 01:46 AM
    When I used a BlackBerry, autotext was one of my favorite features.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-08-12 02:05 AM
    Need I repeat anymore stuff other than say, I have been reading lots of books on my Kindle app on my BBs, and I had no idea Amazon had come up with it but chose to give us the option of sideloading. It was really something I thought BBs could never do, and I'm a pretty techy guy.

Small things like that gives me faith that RIM could really pull this BB10 thing off and become a major competitor again, like on the same level as Android and Iphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 02:18 AM
    I love the group text and email feature, I have set up a group for TEXT and I send all my 15 employees group TEXT messages all the time. BB is all about communicating.
    07-08-12 06:26 AM
    One other that I like a lot is holding a letter and moving the trackpad to
    scroll through and insert foreign characters.
    07-08-12 08:07 AM
    The fact that you barely found out shows how the UI is not intuitive enough. BB7 was definitely a stopgap band-aid to get to BB10.
    So since I haven't used android long enough to find some new things I didn't know it can do or find a new shortcut does that then make android having a UI that is not intuitive enough?

I find android hard to get around in or any system I haven't used much. I'm sure people still find things their pc has or can do they never thought about or bothered with.
    07-08-12 08:09 AM
    I love the send voice notes in BBM. Hold down the cursor for a few seconds and the submenu comes up and give you the option.
    07-08-12 08:53 AM

Actually it was because i had never looked for it. It is a simple straightforward button jut to the right of the take picture button. So yea its a pretty good UI in fact.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD