10-24-08 05:42 PM
- I charged for like 5 hours and it was full. and i woke up checked my bb. u know how when u charge, there is a little mark right next to the battery sign on the screen?
if the battery is 100%, is it supposed to stop charging? there is no sign that my bb is being charged10-24-08 02:42 PM
- TheSultanThe Sultan of CrackBerryWarning! The following is a guess!
If you're BB is active, it's technically always using power. So even when it gets to 100% it starts draining immediately. I don't think I've ever seen a mark next to the battery indicating that it's fully charged. But I also may have never cared to look.10-24-08 02:47 PM
- Warning! The following is a guess!
If you're BB is active, it's technically always using power. So even when it gets to 100% it starts draining immediately. I don't think I've ever seen a mark next to the battery indicating that it's fully charged. But I also may have never cared to look.10-24-08 02:50 PM
Are you using a blackberry charger and does it already say 100%?
It will not show charging after reaching full power. Also, there is no ill effect to charging on a HOME charger all night, but there IS a problem with a VPC, that is a boost, don't leave it charging in your car more than 10 or 15 mins at a time, it will kill your battery over time...10-24-08 02:56 PM
- does it have a full charge? if its not dying after you charge it, then it should be charging...
i know my little light goes away when it is finished charging
also i downloaded BBlight and set it to keep the backlight on when it is charging so i KNOW when its connected or not. i use a docking charger so i dont plug the phone in, i just set it in the charger. i would reccomend doing that so your sure when the phone is plugged in or not
i cant post a URL so just google BBlight and it should be the first link that shows up10-24-08 03:13 PM
- The BB should have a lightening bolt next to the power meter on the screen for when it's charging and the screen should light up as soon as you plug in the charge.
If its still not registering, try a battery pull. It may just be the contacts aren't set correctly which I've seen happen after someone dropped theirs. We pulled the battery, reseated it, and it started charging.
My wifes phone had an issue with the OS so it would say that the battery WAS charging but the power meter never registered above 30%. We took the battery and plugged it into a friends phone, and it read 100%. So I knew it was an OS issue, reinstalled the OS, same issue. It ended up that we had to get a new phone from VZW.10-24-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD