i was out at a concert and dropped my blackberry on the ground. after a battery pull it won't turn back on ..it just stays on the white screen with the hour glass?

any suggestions?
    09-23-09 10:14 PM
    you might want to keep trying. sounds like there might be a hardware issue now and it might be toast. can you get a computer to recognize it at all?
    09-23-09 10:18 PM
    take a look in the how to, title how to recover a dead blackberry, usually with physical damange though its harder to get back hopefully you can get it back
    09-23-09 10:53 PM
    09-23-09 11:29 PM
    thanks i have problems posting links for some reason, follow those steps there and hope for the best.
    09-23-09 11:33 PM
    thanks everyone!! still nothing, but crossing my fingers SOMETHING will work
    09-24-09 12:16 AM
    Is your BB less than 12 months old, and/or do you have insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 12:39 AM
    I don't feel like its nuked, has anyone ever dropped their blackberry and it die like this before? I've never heard a story like this before. Its almost like you hit it on a direct spot. Do you know exactly how it fell? How far it fell? Sorry I'm judt generally interested in how this happens. Your best bet is to try and bring it back to life though in that tutorial!

09-24-09 02:25 AM
    Bury me with my BlackBerry, please

You could save it for when you die as well....
    09-24-09 02:47 AM
    I don't feel like its nuked, has anyone ever dropped their blackberry and it die like this before? I've never heard a story like this before. Its almost like you hit it on a direct spot. Do you know exactly how it fell? How far it fell? Sorry I'm judt generally interested in how this happens. Your best bet is to try and bring it back to life though in that tutorial!

Unfortunately, it happens, and no amount of software reloading helps. I'm not saying that is the case here with any certainty. I'm just throwing out some options for the OP.

09-24-09 03:40 AM
    It is interesting that the hour glass is displayed on a blank screen. That means Sun Java is executing a high priority tread instead of sharing priority among the normal threads. It is still running.

Does BlackBerry Desktop Manager recognize the PIN number when you have it connected?
    09-24-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD