I've been having problems with my BB 8330. It keeps messing up and won't play my music if I stop the song while it's playing. From then on it says "An error has occured while attempting to play media" and then has ERROR in red in the top right of the screen, and won't play any kind of media. The only way I have found to fix it is to reset it by taking out the battery.

What is causing this, and how can I fix it? It's getting really annoying.

Thanks.
    10-11-10 10:40 PM
    TTT

Thanks.
    10-13-10 07:59 AM
    Could be a corrupt, incomplete or incompatible file. Try pressing stop before resorting to a batt pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 09:13 AM
    Could be a corrupt, incomplete or incompatible file. Try pressing stop before resorting to a batt pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It only messes up, if I press stop. Otherwise it's fine. It's not just that one song, it's all playable media.
    10-13-10 09:46 AM
    TTT
    Thanks.
    10-13-10 10:03 PM
    I've been having problems with my BB 8330. It keeps messing up and won't play my music if I stop the song while it's playing. From then on it says "An error has occured while attempting to play media" and then has ERROR in red in the top right of the screen, and won't play any kind of media. The only way I have found to fix it is to reset it by taking out the battery.

What is causing this, and how can I fix it? It's getting really annoying.

Thanks.
    The operating system sometimes acts up when it does not have much room to breathe or process commands. Whenever I have gotten this kind of error message in the past it has been because I am bumping up against the maximums in application/operation memory. What is your memory status? Do you have some excess to spare or is your 8330 loaded up near its max capacity? Also, are you running any other apps when this error happens?

Last edited by mojosingle; 10-13-10 at 10:23 PM.
    10-13-10 10:20 PM
    The operating system sometimes acts up when it does not have much room to breathe or process commands. Whenever I have gotten this kind of error message in the past it has been because I am bumping up against the maximums in application/operation memory. What is your memory status? Do you have some excess to spare or is your 8330 loaded up near its max capacity? Also, are you running any other apps when this error happens?

I don't even have half the memory filled on it thus far. The only app I run while playing music is BOLT Browser, or Facebook. But it messes up even if I don't run any other apps.
    10-14-10 08:11 AM
    There is a setting that controls how much memory is available for media playback. In most cases, setting it to the minimum 5 Mb provides the best results. Try changing it to 12 Mb at:

Media / Options. Device Memory Limit.
    10-14-10 10:18 AM
    There is a setting that controls how much memory is available for media playback. In most cases, setting it to the minimum 5 Mb provides the best results. Try changing it to 12 Mb at:

Media / Options. Device Memory Limit.
    No luck. still messes up.
    10-14-10 03:50 PM
    TTT
    Thanks.
    10-16-10 08:59 AM
    What OS are you using? Might not be too bad of an idea to try a different one. Have you searched for your os + media player issues? Perhaps others are having the same problem with that build. (Alt+right caps key+h will get you a screen that shows device information. Look for "app version" and let us know that or search for it.
    10-16-10 10:17 AM
    V5.0.0.438 is what I have. I'm search it and see what I can find.
    10-16-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD