Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
Like Tree18Likes
  1. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by adam-schuetze View Post
    BB10 for the Playbook released in a timely fashion.
    This makes me so mad, and it's partly why I'm having trouble trusting them enough with my upcoming phone upgrade. There's just no excuse for failing to orchestrate a simultaneous BB10 phone PLUS tablet OS launch week. No excuse at all. I don't want to hear their excuses anymore. I'm simply sick and tired of hearing "well we need to do such and such to make sure it works, sorry" followed immediately by people who don't even work for RIM apologizing for them. Just make it work. Just get it done. Do you have to dust off your wallet and hire more people, or pay out some overtime pay? Great, then do it.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  2. adamschuetze's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    517 Posts
    Global Posts
    526 Global Posts
    PIN
    27f477c1
    #27  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    This makes me so mad, and it's partly why I'm having trouble trusting them enough with my upcoming phone upgrade. There's just no excuse for failing to orchestrate a simultaneous BB10 phone PLUS tablet OS launch week. No excuse at all. I don't want to hear their excuses anymore. I'm simply sick and tired of hearing "well we need to do such and such to make sure it works, sorry" followed immediately by people who don't even work for RIM apologizing for them. Just make it work. Just get it done. Do you have to dust off your wallet and hire more people, or pay out some overtime pay? Great, then do it.
    I keep hearing how RIM has 2 or 2.5 billion in the bank. My expectation is for RIM to spend all their reserves in their attempt at a comeback. All or nothing. If there is no Instagram app at launch, my first question will be "why didn't you pay Facebook 10 or 20 or 50 million or whatever, and just get it done?". Spend 250 million on an advertising blitz. $10,000 guarantee is great for small devs. But they're going to have to pour serious coin into this ecosystem so it's ready at launch. No Netflix for playbook and you still have cash left in the bank? Fail. Etc.
  3. Jonesy1966's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,119 Posts
    #28  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    I'm not the slightest bit concerned about Apps. For the last 18 months I've been following several dev forums and I've got to say it's looking good for BB10. There's a lot of excitement out there in the Dev community especially about the ease of creating Apps for BB10 and also about the support RIM is giving through top notch tools and actual online and phone support. RIM is taking the Dev community very seriously and it's showing in the forums and on Twitter. The conversations I've been privy too are overwhelmingly positive, in fact, I'd go as far to say that since RIM's picked up their game in this regard I can't recall a single negative thread.
  4. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    438 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #29  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    I agree with the last few post 100%. Excuses can't be made anymore.
  5. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,431 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,460 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    My biggest fear is poor sales. I expect the device to be exactly what we are hoping and praying for. The playbook is too though, and look where the sales on that are.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  6. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,431 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,460 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy1966 View Post
    I'm not the slightest bit concerned about Apps. For the last 18 months I've been following several dev forums and I've got to say it's looking good for BB10. There's a lot of excitement out there in the Dev community especially about the ease of creating Apps for BB10 and also about the support RIM is giving through top notch tools and actual online and phone support. RIM is taking the Dev community very seriously and it's showing in the forums and on Twitter. The conversations I've been privy too are overwhelmingly positive, in fact, I'd go as far to say that since RIM's picked up their game in this regard I can't recall a single negative thread.
    I can't wait for the day Kevin makes a blog post : "Skype will be available on BB10".

    I imagine hundreds of comments
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  7. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    438 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #32  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    How about the hundreds of comments when Kevin says no skype on BB10
  8. Wired5s's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #33  

    Default My biggest fear of BB10

    I think there's a lot of good points in this thread. My take on it is this: RIM has a firm understanding what the user expects (functionality, app selection...). In a time of crisis, they delay the launch of what is to become their new flagship product line to ensure the customer gets a polished product with no compromise on experience from the moment the customer holds it. Quality apps that have become cornerstone for mobile users are generally not available for Playbook or OS7 devices today. I use both, I understand first hand that yes, it's a bummer. But, if I was a developer, would I have been investing time and energy to develop for current platforms when I feel that BB10 will be the standard going forward? Probably not. BB10 looks excellent and I really hope devs get behind it. They've got more reason than ever to develop for RIM now so I guess we'll see what happens.
    "Roads? Where we're going we don't need, roads"
  9. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    438 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #34  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    This may be how devs may think. I'm going to spend time developing for this platform and no one buys it. What happens now?
  10. moegumby's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default My biggest fear of BB10

    My question is if Zynga devs will develop the social game apps for BB10 as they do for IOS and Andriod? Also apps like HBOGO , Cinimax, Netflix, Flipboard and so on. To get Zynga on board would really help launch BB10 as many people play these games. A lot of consumers look as this as a deal breaker if their not able to play cross platform with their friends.


    Sent from my iPhone 4
  11. adamschuetze's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    517 Posts
    Global Posts
    526 Global Posts
    PIN
    27f477c1
    #36  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by moegumby View Post
    My question is if Zynga devs will develop the social game apps for BB10 as they do for IOS and Andriod? Also apps like HBOGO , Cinimax, Netflix, Flipboard and so on. To get Zynga on board would really help launch BB10 as many people play these games. A lot of consumers look as this as a deal breaker if their not able to play cross platform with their friends.


    Sent from my iPhone 4
    Sorry, but Zynga doesn't develop apps, they rip off other developers and flood the market with their copies. I don't even think their coprorate culture would understand the notion of developing something from scratch. Why would you want this parasitic company anyway related with BB10? After they bought OMPOP people abandoned Draw Something in droves, can you blame them? I know I deleted the app immediately on the news of the sale.
  12. abwan11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    468 Posts
    #37  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Although I believe they NOW have a good grasp of where they are, and where they want to be, some moves of the past leave a bad impression, most notably last year's approach by Amazon to aquire RIM, and was rejected, is something that I will never understand. RIM had every opportunity to recover as a company had they accepted this deal. They basically had nothing going for them at the time and knew the prospect of BB10 was more then a year away. A few months later their plans change again and the CEOs resign. Amazon had the credibility and content RIM so desperately needed. That blunder makes me really worried that their plans are ...well just theirs.
  13. Knightcrawler's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    #38  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    A large majority of people put forth the argument that it will be difficult for Rim to win back customers that are fast migrating to other platforms, and the longer they take, the harder it will be.

    Here is the problem with that argument. When you say "other platforms", you're really only talking about Android and iOS. Wp7 is not even a competitor in this segment, and Wp8 not being out yet clearly puts it out of the running (and the 3 month lead it'll have is peanuts compared to the 3-5 year lead of the other platforms). Now iOS has a very high customer satisfaction rate, so it will be difficult if not impossible to win back market share from Apple (keep in mind though that not a 100% of iphone users are heavily invested in the ecosystem....that is, iProducts dont run their lives. The popularity of the iphone is due to its ease of use, and many people use it because its easy, not because of 700k apps. Those people are open to other options, if the marketing is right....but i digress)

    What we need to focus on is android. A lot of people that use android phones (basically the other half of the smartphone market) use it because of the openness. They use it because the apps are free, cuz its customizable, cuz it's not an iphone. A very large majority of these users have no real commitment to android per se. It's just the only real option available to them, so if they dont want an iphone, they get an android. These are the users that can jump ship to BB10, provided Rim gets its marketing message right. With the availability of ported android apps, and hopefully a decent selection of BB10 apps, as well as the unique user experience of BB10, Rim has a real shot at convincing these people to buy BB10 hardware when they next look at a phone.

    The point being, there's no such thing as "late to the game", as the game is always on going. People will keep upgrading their phones, and they will keep trying out new platforms; so as long as Rim ensures a quality user experience, and effective marketing, the timing of BB10 is secondary. That's not to say it doesn't matter, but it's certainly not the nail in their coffin many people make it out to be.
  14. ChainPunch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #39  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Price point of the new devices, as far as what they charge carriers, is going to be a key along with something as small as the naming of the devices. Hopefully RIM has learned for all the missteps it has taken in the past and with the release of BB10 the company will see better days ahead.

    My thought is that new devices should have one name for each series of devices (since it looks like they are going to have up to 6 devices) and I agree with what others have said that the Playbook should have BB10 at the same time of the launch of the BB10. If BB10 is your new platform then the tablet and phone should be running the same OS.
  15. moegumby's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default My biggest fear of BB10

    I disagree people use the iPhone because of ease of use, that's part. But not the major reason so many people have jumped ship to the iPhone. IT IS THE APPS! The social, cross platform games. Programs like Flipboard and media like Netflix, HBO and Cinamax. Not to mention EBay, Amazon, fidelity investments and so on. Try finding those on blackberry. Those all can be found on IOS and Android. Every time a person asks about a phone it's " what apps are available". If the cross platform social apps are not there on BB10 along with the more popular media apps, game over plain and simple. If I can't play a game with someone on IOS or Android platform I will purchase IOS or Android devices. This has been RIMs problem with people leaving the platform. My point is simple, I had over 50 BBM contacts on my pearl when it came out. By the time I had my 9650 I had 2. I now have 0 with my 9930. I can ask all 50 and get the same answer from each one. APPS!


    Sent from my iPhone 4
  16. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    867 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy1966 View Post
    I'm not the slightest bit concerned about Apps. For the last 18 months I've been following several dev forums and I've got to say it's looking good for BB10. There's a lot of excitement out there in the Dev community especially about the ease of creating Apps for BB10 and also about the support RIM is giving through top notch tools and actual online and phone support. RIM is taking the Dev community very seriously and it's showing in the forums and on Twitter. The conversations I've been privy too are overwhelmingly positive, in fact, I'd go as far to say that since RIM's picked up their game in this regard I can't recall a single negative thread.
    Excitement in the Dev community. Do you mean the Moms and Pops that keep showing up in "new arrivals" in the app store? Where are the major players?

    Crap app devs getting excited aint gona do it.
  17. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    438 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #42  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Iphone is a known brand. Most people that go to it don't even know about the "easiness" of use. They think oh they have every app out there. Many android users get android because its cheaper than iphone and they have the apps. Not many people go to android because it can be customized to your liking. Not everyone is tech savvy. Apps is key, and marketing BB10 is an even bigger key. And not the marketing they have for BB7 because those commercials are not attractive. Lol, people that do... Or whatever the commercial says. They need a new strategy for marketing. If you keep doing what you've always done, you will get what you have always gotten.
  18. missing_K-W's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,393 Posts
    PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me
    #43  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    OP," don't-be-a-scared"
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
  19. adamschuetze's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    517 Posts
    Global Posts
    526 Global Posts
    PIN
    27f477c1
    #44  

    Default My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    Excitement in the Dev community. Do you mean the Moms and Pops that keep showing up in "new arrivals" in the app store? Where are the major players?

    Crap app devs getting excited aint gona do it.
    Small developers will eventually become big developers, if their product is good. To wield a big brush and call them crap apps devs is pretty weak.

    I see your point though, without the big name apps, all the small apps won't matter much to the average consumer. But don't call them crap. That's not cool.
  20. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by missing_K-W View Post
    Thanks I however realize that a split platform personal /work on the same device is a very challenging engineering feat....As well as developing a distributed networking enterprise server and full integration of the NOC is no small task. Not to mention BB10 devices have to have lateral integration through distributed systems.
    The personal-work segregation capability has been available to enterprise users since BlackBerry Balance was added to BlackBerry Enterprise Server and worked with BlackBerry OS 5 smartphones. These days BlackBerry Mobile Fusion brings the same capability to other devices and it does work. The consistency of data segregation was an issue as recently as 2012 but I have not looked into whether a fix has been available but may have been IT policy related.

    As the countdown to the end of 2012 continues unabated the pressure on RIM to deliver on BlackBerry 10 intensifies. Failure is not an option if RIM wants to remain relevant.
  21. Dapper37's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,345 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    #46  

    Default Re: My biggest fear of BB10

    Quote; RIM taking it all the way or foundering and going down the drain will all be about if RIM can deliver Netflix for it's Playbook.....
    ....And Skype for it's BB10 phones.


    So what do you sugest they do to force MS to produce a Skype app for BB10. Dont get me wrong I want it as much as the next guy but I think its clear MS is not going to alow it as they feel BB10 is a threat to there own OS?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. My fear of owning my Torch after the warranty has run out....
    By MeetJoeAsian in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 06:57 AM
  2. My biggest fear and hope for native and bridge email
    By Foreverup in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 08:46 PM
  3. India - BlackBerry Faces Fear of Ban Again
    By Berryman in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 09:53 AM
  4. Got my 12 Days of CB Gift! Review inside! (Moto S9)
    By surfanimal in forum BBOS Phone Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
  5. Question concerning my biggest frustration with my Curve 8310
    By shush2000 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions