07-12-08 11:03 AM
- When shortcuts was initially released alongside the Alarms Pro promotion, I instantly picked it up hoping it'd change my berry's efficiency. Instead, I felt like I was forced to play with turd because the teachers gave the play-doh to all the other kids.
My first look at the app:
I'm going to address my cons in that first review here today as the pros have remained unchanged:
- Completely flabbergasted why all native BB apps aren't included in a predetermined list (God, of all things) of icons to pick from. Why not make the list as expansive and useful as setting convenience key?
- Can only set 3rd party apps and a few blackberry tools (Call log, camera, address book, tasks, calendar, memopad, and browser) What if I want setup wifi? Video? Manage Connections for my wifi? No? Why the he11 not?
- DOESN'T INCLUDE OTHER BB APPS!
Several native apps (I'm not sure if all) included. Awesome.
- Buggy with messaging and phone list. Clicking a contact opens a menu that has "Close" as the only option. Wtf?
- Further causing insult to injury by the fact that the app is highly redundant. I can easily email/text a bud by typing his name, right click, compose email. Those steps don't bother me - the process is highly fluid/congruent. And choosing an app from a smaller list of icons than my homescreen...hardly makes any sense to me.
- Lose a convenience key for an inconvenient app. One button access became one button + scroll + click. 3X THE TROUBLEZ!
- Cannot paste. Hope you can memorize that long UR....
With this new revision of shortcuts, I'm very satisfied to be able to set Video Camera, Profiles, and Manage Connections under the convenience key. Great job, eZainny!
****/*****07-11-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD