When I got back home today, my bb9800 just wouldn't turn on, possibly because of today's rain. I also borrowed my brother's battery to make sure that it's not just my battery that died, but it still wouldn't turn on!

So I figured, I will need to get a new phone. The timing for getting a new phone is really horrible, I know. I would like to wait for the new blackberry 10 this year, because I heard that RIM may start implementing the video chat on bbm...

I'm now just wondering if I should get bb9900/bb9790/just get a cheap blackberry and get the bb10 phone later this year? Arghh.....
    04-20-12 10:31 AM
    Grab a used cheapo BB and use it 'till BB10. Is what I would do, anyways.
    BoldPreza and bluetroll like this.
    04-20-12 01:37 PM
    buy a used one.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-20-12 01:40 PM
    Definitely save your money and get a used one until the new lineup arrives.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-20-12 02:19 PM
    Buy a used one (9700 series), unless you are rich and can buy a brand new 10 device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-20-12 03:26 PM
    Who knows if BB10 devices will even be out by the end of this year? RIM is notorious for delays and we have no seen any official release announcements this time out and the Playbook isn't even running the official BB10... yet!

Also isn't the 9810 model being discontinued? Perhaps there is a discount somewhere in a device that is exactly like your 9800, but better in having a much faster browser and BB7 OS?
    04-20-12 05:34 PM
    When I got back home today, my bb9800 just wouldn't turn on, possibly because of today's rain. I also borrowed my brother's battery to make sure that it's not just my battery that died, but it still wouldn't turn on!

So I figured, I will need to get a new phone. The timing for getting a new phone is really horrible, I know. I would like to wait for the new blackberry 10 this year, because I heard that RIM may start implementing the video chat on bbm...

I'm now just wondering if I should get bb9900/bb9790/just get a cheap blackberry and get the bb10 phone later this year? Arghh.....
    I would get a cheap BlackBerry in the mean time if I were you. BlackBerry 10 devices are just around the coner, no point on making an investment in a new device.
    04-20-12 06:35 PM

Id buy something used so as to not waste my upgrade. Since I have a PB I'd even resort to a used feature phone to tide me over if I had too.

If, however money weren't a consideration, I'd go 9810 or 9900 for sure.
    04-20-12 07:14 PM
    this phone sucked so bad.... never again will I use a blackberry phone.... lost all of my contacts
    06-12-12 05:08 AM
    this phone sucked so bad.... never again will I use a blackberry phone.... lost all of my contacts
    It's easy to blame the tool.

http://crackberry.com/rogers-now-pus...kberry-devices

Get Desktop Manager here

Free BlackBerry Protect - Download BlackBerry Protect - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    bluetroll likes this.
    06-12-12 08:18 AM
    Hmm and with all the positive things you've said about Blackberry here on the forums this revelation is shocking! Maybe you should have backed up your device with either Desktop Manager or BB Protect. The tools are there, you obviously didn't take the time or possess the knowledge to use them.
    06-12-12 09:38 AM
    If it makes you feel better, my iPhone 4 seemed to pick and choose who to delete out of my phone book. A lot worse than a complete wipe because if you have a ton of contacts, how do you know they're missing until you go to call/text them?
    06-12-12 02:46 PM

Karma a Beatch.......

Karma | Define Karma at Dictionary.com
    06-12-12 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD