It started Saturday, when I was IMing a friend on BB Messenger, everytime I would get to a certain letter, it would send the message, against my will. 3 times in a row, and I did a battery pull. Seemed to fix it. Then came Sunday. Phone was working just fine, for a while, then it started doing it in text messages, as well as IMs. By the end of yesterday, my phone could be sitting all by itself, and send a text, an email, make a phone call, or create a calendar entry. Using the track ball would often open programs, and then go into menus and choose them. Then it would go back and forth in and out of programs. Battery pulls didn't work. SO, I backed up the info, cleared the handheld, and re-installed the OS. Now, my desktop manager wasn't working, I though for SURE I had a virus. Re-installing OS 4.2 didn't help. So, began the LOOONG process of attempting to instal 4.5 on my T-Mobile 8330. This site was a wealth of information for finding it, and EVENTUALLY getting it to install. Ergo, it didn't help. Clearly this wasn't a virus. I had uninstalled Desktop 4.3, installed Desktop 4.5, and OS 4.5, and my handheld went even more insane. So, I called T-Mobile, and started the process of a warranty exchange. Should be here tomorrow or the next day. But, at least I will quickly, and easily, be able to install 4.5 on the new device. BTW, I did scan my lappy for an infection, none found. Desktop 4.5 was working fine. I blame Satan for possessing my phone.
    07-21-08 02:04 PM
    Wow! I hope the new one isn't a reincarnation!
    07-21-08 02:46 PM
    Just rebuke it!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 02:49 PM
    Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!
    07-21-08 02:52 PM
    BE GONE WITH YOU BB DEVIL. AS I SPLASH THE HOLY WATER I AGAIN SAY BE GONE WITH YOU!!!.

OH **** TRADING IT IN WAS A BETTER IDEA
    07-21-08 02:58 PM
    Better break out thr holy water for your next one. Better baptise it first before using it
    =8')

07-21-08 03:12 PM
    Not sure if water, holy or otherwise, would be a good idea for the BB's!

I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

Anyone else ever experienced anything like this?
    07-21-08 04:51 PM
    Sounds like somebody did a Bluetooth hack on you. Have you Bluetoothed anything to anybody lately?

07-21-08 04:54 PM
    Looks like you're gonna have to perform an EXORCISM!! Did you get the phone off eBay or anything?
    07-21-08 04:56 PM
    An exorcism anyone?

07-21-08 04:56 PM
    I'll pray for you and your phone!
    07-21-08 04:58 PM
    Sounds like somebody did a Bluetooth hack on you. Have you Bluetoothed anything to anybody lately?
    is this possible?

I'll pray for you and your phone!
    yeah thats all we can do!
    07-21-08 05:10 PM
    OMFG! I'm having the exact same problem with my 8310. how do you fix it if it is a bluetooth hack?
    07-21-08 05:16 PM

I haven't bluetoothed anyone anything in a long time. Don't not sure that I have EVER bt'd anyone from this phone. In fact, bt has been turned off for a while. I had gone back to using my wired headphone. Come to think of it, I did turn it back on the other day, but I believe I have the security enabled (did, not using the phone anymore). Not sure if it was on or not the other day when it started. Might be a good education for crackberries if someone posted a thread to safeguard against that, or post a link to the thread, if it already exists.

However, your thought could be the cause, as I am not sure if bt was on or off.

Note: Also reinstalled the os, had wiped the hand held. Then, even installed OS 4.5, still same problems. I would assume reinstalling would eliminate a virus from a hack, esp installing a brand new OS. Correct me if I am incorrect on that assumption. Thanks!
    Last edited by crobar; 07-22-08 at 11:39 AM.
    07-22-08 11:35 AM
    Looks like you're gonna have to perform an EXORCISM!! Did you get the phone off eBay or anything?
    No, got the phone through T-Mo on the corporate account for the company I work for.
    07-22-08 11:36 AM
    OMFG! I'm having the exact same problem with my 8310. how do you fix it if it is a bluetooth hack?
    Don't know of a way to fix it, but T-Mo is sending another one. Should be here today or tomorrow.
    07-22-08 11:37 AM
    Blackberry

Fail

07-22-08 12:14 PM
    Y'all are too funny!

Better luck with the next one!
    07-22-08 02:48 PM
    Yes, Esparrow, hopefully my Curve.2 will be last longer than 6 mos, before ******** out. Actually, hopefully it WON'T freak out.
    07-22-08 07:44 PM
    As one last test, you should splash some holy water on it.. see if it starts burning and smoking, or if it jumps onto the ceiling. Then we can conclusively know if the devil has found a way to infiltrate bbs.

lol so random.
    07-22-08 08:21 PM
    Nah, Satan and I are pretty close. He said it wasn't him...he was too busy ****ing with the iPhone.
    07-22-08 09:36 PM
    Did the BB spin its screen around and puke all over the room too?
    07-22-08 09:39 PM
    Nah, Satan and I are pretty close. He said it wasn't him...he was too busy ****ing with the iPhone.
    hahahahah!
    07-22-08 09:42 PM
    Finally got my new BB. .52 is loaded, restoring my db's. Will inform...
    07-24-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD