So here's what the dilema is.

I get home and plug in my phone and headset. I dock my PlayBook and realize that it's been another day that I haven't touched my phone. I spent the day BBMing, texting, playing games, listened to music, streamed shows, wrote emails, and even took calls. Still after all that, the first time I've touched my phone all day is now to plug it in. This isn't the first day I've had like this. In fact it's been going on for months. The only time I touch my phone anymore is to dial phone numbers. There's nothing I want to do with it that I wouldn't rather do on my PlayBook. If RIM added phone access I could tuck it away in an inside pocket and forget about it. So in the end my phone has turned into a dialer and server for my PlayBook.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    12-06-12 06:27 AM
    Ha! Too often. I'm still a little undecided which I prefer for writing emails - I do like the keyboard on my 9810, and I can type almost without looking. But for anything web-related, there is no comparison - the phone is just the driver for the PB, and I've been able to cancel my internet service at work since I got the PB bridged to my phone. For passwords with numbers, the PB is better than the phone. I'm still waiting for the option where pressing and holding a letter key simply capitalizes the letter, rather than giving me the option of 5 different accents for it.
    12-06-12 06:48 AM
    Not sure I agree completely but it will be interesting when BB10 comes to the Playbook. If that will be soon after release of the new phones, I may wait to see what the experience is like before I bite. My 9810 and Playbook make a nice combo.
    12-06-12 07:39 AM
    I'm probably about 50/50 PB to phone usage. There are still some things I prefer doing on the phone, like BBM and emailing. Even though the bridge capability is there, I still hate touch-screen typing.
    12-06-12 07:49 AM
    Same for me. Phone is for calls, bbm groups and a portal.
    12-06-12 07:57 AM
    When im on the go and not at home i use my phone. I also have to use my phone for some apps that arent available on pb
    12-06-12 08:07 AM
    So here's what the dilema is.

I get home and plug in my phone and headset. I dock my PlayBook and realize that it's been another day that I haven't touched my phone. I spent the day BBMing, texting, playing games, listened to music, streamed shows, wrote emails, and even took calls. Still after all that, the first time I've touched my phone all day is now to plug it in. This isn't the first day I've had like this. In fact it's been going on for months. The only time I touch my phone anymore is to dial phone numbers. There's nothing I want to do with it that I wouldn't rather do on my PlayBook. If RIM added phone access I could tuck it away in an inside pocket and forget about it. So in the end my phone has turned into a dialer and server for my PlayBook.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    Nope. Everything you've mentioned can be done on the phone. Gaming might not work so well, but I mostly don't do games. And the PB can't do phone calls or BBM groups -- I'm in three, admin one of them. If I wear a close fitting tee and jeans, I can still fit my 9810 in a pocket, even with the increased size from my extended battery. I can't comfortably do that with the PB. Which is why my phone's always with me, whether I have a tablet with me or not.
    12-06-12 04:04 PM
    I am usually multitasking using both my Torch 9850 and PlayBook. BB Bridge rocks!!!
    12-06-12 04:24 PM
    So basically, you'd like a RIM phablet?
    12-06-12 04:59 PM
    Id buy one. But id have a regular tablet too
    12-06-12 05:15 PM
    I like the phablets but that still wouldn't solve my problem. Even at 6"s I would still need my PlayBook. If the next PlayBook screen size moves up to near 8"s I think I will be in heaven.
    12-06-12 05:48 PM
    i make a phone call maybe 10x a year, so i only use mine for BBM Groups, if the playbook bridged groups i'd be in heaven.
    12-06-12 06:13 PM
    yes I agree. I am always using my PB. Bluetooth to the net, and read all my digital content, wath my movies, bbm, text, and surf. I use my BB 9800 for banking (only no PB app) I use my phone as a phone in my truck thru bluetooth. The intergration is beyond belief.
    12-06-12 06:33 PM
    This might seem odd, but before I lost my 9900, I rarely used my Playbook. Instead, I was just using my phone for most of my mobile browsing. At the moment, I'm currently borrowing an Android, and low and behold...my Playbook is seeing much more use lately. Basically, browsing on my 9900 was a very simple affair, with being able to use the trackpad and shortcut keys. On the Android, it's basically like using a slower, smaller Playbook that's harder to type on, so I might as well use the Playbook.
    12-06-12 06:43 PM
    I use my 9900 constantly for emails, texts, gtalk and surfing as well as twitter and facebook. I use my playbook constantly for games, surfing, music, watching movies/sports/shows and using files and folders (google drive) for work. I use both for my calendars and for storing photos and documents. I am equally obsessed with both devices.
    12-06-12 07:12 PM
    I'm hopping the bridge function on OS10 brings us even more goodies. I too rarely use my 9900 unless i'm watching a internet feed like right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 07:37 PM
    I can see that happening. I'd still like to see a cheap Pearl with a big battery and Hotspot. That could be very popular.
    It doesn't even need a 1ghz processor. Just take the internals of the 9360, and stuff them in a case the height and width of a 9100, but thick enough to accommodate a battery twice the size.
    12-06-12 08:15 PM
    Great thread. I'm the same way. I rarely use my 9900 and I'm bridged all day. Only time I use my 9900 is to type out something long. I can't wait to see what bridge features come with BB10.
    12-06-12 08:17 PM
    Yeah I really wish they would allow the voice through the Bridge too. Would complete the Bridge functionality too IMHO.
    12-06-12 09:03 PM