Hi guys, newbie here. I purchased my bb curve 8300, and after using it for a day or so, things started opening for itself, Applications, camera etc. i suspect it's the trackball that is malfunctioning. I bought it from a guy on eBay, it's an unlocked AT&T phone. Any suggestions?
    01-30-08 12:18 PM
    Try pulling the battery while the power is on. Also know as a reset.
    This is known to clear a lot of issues.
    01-30-08 12:27 PM
    Thanks, but i did that at least 10 times, with no luck. anything else?
    01-30-08 12:54 PM
    Is this only happening when you are placing the phone into and out of a case? I have, and occasionally still do, have this problem. When placing my Curve into the OEM leather holster it sometimes opens up the calculator. There's not much you can do about that.
    01-30-08 12:58 PM
    Do you have the Desktop Manager software loaded on your PC?
    If not then do that first.
    Then download the latest OS version for your phone and try reinstalling it.

But since this is an Ebay phone, there could be a chance the previous owner had the same issue. He "fixed" his problem!
    01-30-08 01:00 PM
    Is this only happening when you are placing the phone into and out of a case? I have, and occasionally still do, have this problem. When placing my Curve into the OEM leather holster it sometimes opens up the calculator. There's not much you can do about that.
    No, it happens all on it's own, without me even touchin it.
    01-30-08 07:01 PM
    Do you have the Desktop Manager software loaded on your PC?
    If not then do that first.
    Then download the latest OS version for your phone and try reinstalling it.

But since this is an Ebay phone, there could be a chance the previous owner had the same issue. He "fixed" his problem!
    lol. I actually made contact with the seller, and he told me to send it back for a replacement. Waiting on the new one right now.

Funny you should mention the software, my brother and i both have bb 8300's and the two software cd's refuse to load. It stays stuck at the first window, What's up with that?
    01-30-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD