Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy My BB keeps opening/deleting wrong message

I'm not saying it happens everytime, but when I receive a new message, my BB 9700 often opens wrong message, usually the last message I opened.

I currently have Email/SMS/Group Chat all appear on my main Messages, and it gets very frustrating sometimes especially when I try to delete a message without reading it. I can't tell you how many important emails I deleted accidentally this way...

Anyone else have/had this issue and found a work around it?

I've tried removing SMS/Group Chat etc.. from my main Messages app but it keeps happening regardless. I currently have the latest OS 5.0.0.351 and have Gmail Enhanced Plug-in, Drivesafe.ly and Poynt, although from what I've read, those apps shouldn't interfere with the messages function.

Thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Newbie

Does anyone have any feedback here? I'm having the EXACT same problem - I'm on a Curve 8350, but with the same OS. This is a terribly annoying problem, it highlights the correct message - it just opens or deletes the wrong one. I bypass this by pressing the 'U' button to go to my first unread message. But there has to be some sort of issue about this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2811FBA8

this happens to me on a certain theme. I just reboot or change themes and switch back. ionno if it's the same cause tho but that's how i resolve mine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

I'm no pro but I used to get that on my 8330 and I found it was either bec. The trackball was faulty and scrolled to the wrong mes. Or if the fone is lagging due to receiving data then ur scrolling will also b effected. But like I said I'm no pro so cud b wrong hope I helpd! Gl!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Having the same issue, got a sneaking suspicion it's caused by a very large number of messages on the device... I have 2773 messages - anyone with this number not having the problem?
    hooked on bb!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Haha it could be. I think it's time to clean out the phone a bit.