So i wouldn't go into much details but here's how it went, we were going back and forth typical argument Z10 VS IPHONE,APPLVSBBRY....
    His opening argument was that blackberry is only now able to say they have a working touch screen phone,i took that....
    then he went on to say blackberry is still playing catch up with ios and android....i asked in what way?
    he brought up the apps point,asked him apps like? he then stated apps which are already confirmed for bb10....he still did not choose to accept defeat
    he brought up specs,i stated that all specs of iphone5 to z10 is lower (maybe the exception of the camera,not sure)
    he said whats the use of specs with no apps to test it (lol i actually laughed at this)
    then we reached to the "innovation argument" he stated ofc that the z10 does nothing no current phone can do and they invented or innovated nothing
    so i asked what did appl invent? he admitted nothing,seeing that innovation is somewhat different from inventing,we got to that...where i mentioned yes appl innovated to a point and so did bb10 (balance,timeshift camera) he ignored the balance and stated the timeshift is simply burst mode...i tried to explain to him he wouldnt understand the difference so i said ok if it is burst mode,what other phone out there uses burst mode in this way at the moment? he stated S3 if you add a "theme" to it..i was confused from the time he used the word theme lol what does theme have to do with this feature?
    so we got down to OS,He mentioned bb10 needs another os to make their phone... and this is where the argument ended lol.....HE SAID BB10 IS ANDROID.... I THEN PROCEEDED TO EXIT STAGE
    03-01-13 01:04 PM
    well the new HTC one (m7) also uses time shift with a bar instead of circle, the samsung galaxy note 2 does with square face reels at the bottom you can previeew and pick from and apparently a few others with jelly bean 4.1 do too although ive only actually seen for myself the HTC and note 2 so cant confirm that the s3 or others really do it
    richardat likes this.
    03-01-13 01:14 PM
    I think there will be a lawsuit eventually. I think BB filed for a patent on the time shift camera
    Honestly, iOS is written to be idiotproof.
    He obviously has no idea what he's talking about. I've showed my friends the Z10, and many iPhone friends of mine are considering upgrading to Z10. They love the keyboard.
    For those of us who prefer text over calling, the keyboard is such a giant win factor.
    03-01-13 01:24 PM
    well the new HTC one (m7) also uses time shift with a bar instead of circle, the samsung galaxy note 2 does with square face reels at the bottom you can previeew and pick from and apparently a few others with jelly bean 4.1 do too although ive only actually seen for myself the HTC and note 2 so cant confirm that the s3 or others really do it
    S3 and Note II have multiple shot. It's a little bit different with what Z10 can do (the process).

BTW, time shift also available with bar
    Circle is for face only.
    Dapper37 and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-01-13 01:34 PM
    So i wouldn't go into much details but here's how it went, we were going back and forth typical argument Z10 VS IPHONE,APPLVSBBRY....
    His opening argument was that blackberry is only now able to say they have a working touch screen phone,i took that....
    then he went on to say blackberry is still playing catch up with ios and android....i asked in what way?
    he brought up the apps point,asked him apps like? he then stated apps which are already confirmed for bb10....he still did not choose to accept defeat Until the apps in question come, they're not there. You can't tell people not to worry about a certain app because it may come at some point in the future. I've been waiting a looong time for Skype on my PlayBook, the pic was there at launch
    he brought up specs,i stated that all specs of iphone5 to z10 is lower (maybe the exception of the camera,not sure)
    he said whats the use of specs with no apps to test it (lol i actually laughed at this) When people push Android against Z10 highlighting the spec argument, others say specs are irrelevant. And here you are saying the Z10 is better because of specs. Double edged sword.
    Also note, the PlayBook specs were, and are, killer. It didn't help the fact that there was not much in the way of apps to make use of those specs.

then we reached to the "innovation argument" he stated ofc that the z10 does nothing no current phone can do and they invented or innovated nothing
    so i asked what did appl invent? he admitted nothing,seeing that innovation is somewhat different from inventing,we got to that...where i mentioned yes appl innovated to a point and so did bb10 (balance,timeshift camera) he ignored the balance and stated the timeshift is simply burst mode...i tried to explain to him he wouldnt understand the difference so i said ok if it is burst mode,what other phone out there uses burst mode in this way at the moment? he stated S3 if you add a "theme" to it..i was confused from the time he used the word theme lol what does theme have to do with this feature? Time shift is on HTC devices, Samsung devices, Windows phone devices. The tech BB10 uses is licensed from Windows Phone.
    so we got down to OS,He mentioned bb10 needs another os to make their phone... and this is where the argument ended lol.....HE SAID BB10 IS ANDROID.... I THEN PROCEEDED TO EXIT STAGE
    Sounds like you lost the argument, for reasons above.
    Not that the Z10 is inferior, mind, it's just you highlighted none of the real positives, ie the user experience and potential, and he brought up the competition's strong points.
    richardat likes this.
    03-01-13 02:26 PM
    I think there will be a lawsuit eventually. I think BB filed for a patent on the time shift camera
    Honestly, iOS is written to be idiotproof.
    He obviously has no idea what he's talking about. I've showed my friends the Z10, and many iPhone friends of mine are considering upgrading to Z10. They love the keyboard.
    For those of us who prefer text over calling, the keyboard is such a giant win factor.
    Blackberry licensed the timeshift technology from Scalado who are now owned by Nokia...Blackberry has ZERO grounds for a lawsuit.
    03-01-13 02:43 PM
    I see no point to arguing. The Z10 is a great phone in and of itself for the right person. Not everyone... but many. The iPhone is also great, but not for everyone.

Unfortunately there is a popularity contest in play and other factors are in force having little to do with the underlying technologies competing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    barnfoot likes this.
    03-01-13 02:50 PM
    Ask him how well NFC works on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 03:42 PM
    Nothing wrong with a little banter here a d there, with respect.

I personally haven't had a chance to play with a z10, so will hold my judgement till then.

I do feel it will have to really blow me away as my s3 is as solid a phone as I have ever had.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    03-01-13 03:53 PM
    Does I phone have an hdmi port?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:00 PM
    Does I phone have an hdmi port?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, it has Airplay. However, you can buy a dock connector to HDMI cable if you don't like wireless.
    03-01-13 04:21 PM
    The new htc one has that time shift camera feature.
    03-01-13 04:22 PM
    What did Apple innovate? Not really sure, but they did redefine the smartphone market with the iPhone and RIM has finally caught up. Jobs said in 2007 that they were 5 years behind, I guess he was right.
    Guignards and 00stryder like this.
    03-01-13 04:23 PM
    yes but who's the innovator here ??
    03-01-13 04:40 PM
    Fanboy arguments. Bring the popcorn ...
    03-01-13 04:45 PM
    I did not say because of specs the z10 is better,i only stated that the z10 did outspec the iphone but did not say that was the reason it was better,the whole reason i "Won" the argument is because i thought this person actually knew something,but for him to say that bb10 is android os to me thats autonatically winning grounds for me

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:52 PM
    You didn't even mention the keyboard?
    bobauckland and 00stryder like this.
    03-01-13 04:52 PM
    I Didn't even bother once he stated to me that bb10 is powered by android...
    03-01-13 04:56 PM
    Just the fact that Apple folk are defensive is informative.

The last time I can remember the Apple Corps being this upset about a phone was January of 2009, when I was privileged to be involved in the webOS launch.

webOS was so far ahead of anything that Apple had at the time that the press corps was absolutely goo-gah. EVERYONE wanted a Pre, that day. And while Palm screwed up quality control and availability, I remember the Apple folks being enraged at the idea that someone would dare to try and compete with them. The arguments that multitasking and fast 3G don't matter, etc. Meanwhile, Apple launched a crack program to catch up with Pre, which shipped as iPhone 3GS.

When Apple folks are angry and on the attack, it's because something about your product or experience smacked them in the face and they're panicking over how to deal with it. If BB gets the availability and marketing question right, you'll see the anger against BB reach Palm-like levels in Apple-world shortly, with every other Apple-related article, post or YouTube video slagging off BB the way they did Palm for the first several months of 2009.

Ultimately, in a market that will sell a billion units, there's enough room for everyone. This is an unprecedented market size, and that represents opportunity for innovation from everyone. No OEM will "dominate" -- certainly not Apple, which will be "just another choice." Losing that "leadership" position isn't going to be easy for them, but they'll manage. Just as the Mac is a tiny minority platform, so shall iOS be. And that's OK. They'll still make money.
    03-01-13 05:01 PM
    they use it but see the video of the guy who tested timeshift vs. androids version and androids version won in the number of faces the phone can recognize, but the photoshop quality of the photos after they had been altered was far superior on the blackberry... bottom line, its a real time edit where as the android option has to be processed and that leaves artifacts in the picture..
    HollyWOOD1906 likes this.
    03-01-13 05:24 PM
    Nope, it has Airplay. However, you can buy a dock connector to HDMI cable if you don't like wireless.
    Means spending more money for a port that shall exist in every smartphone that declared to be a smartphone.

Some of android phone does the same. That's not a smart way.
    jayemmbee likes this.
    03-01-13 11:11 PM
    Blackberry licensed the timeshift technology from Scalado who are now owned by Nokia...Blackberry has ZERO grounds for a lawsuit.

The rest of your bullisht post isn't worth addressing.
    BlackBerry licensed Scalado yes, then innovated ontop of said technology! That new IP is now BlackBerry IP. Talk about bullisht! do you ever know what your talking about!
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    03-01-13 11:52 PM
    Ballance! but thats just the most revolutionary enterprise feature since email!!
    03-01-13 11:57 PM
    Means spending more money for a port that shall exist in every smartphone that declared to be a smartphone.

Some of android phone does the same. That's not a smart way.
    Well from a businesses standpoint, you can argue that it is THE smart way. Specially when you have a large and extremely loyal customer base. Using Proprietary technology rather than standards give you additional income streams. Maximize your profit. Then after a couple of iterations you make that same technology obsolete and incompatible and introduce a new one.

I still do agree that usage of standards such as microusb and minihdmi is better overall for consumers though.

Posted via CB10
    aragone79, web99 and 00stryder like this.
    03-02-13 12:02 AM
    [warn]This is the sort of thread that can quickly spiral out of control. I encourage good conversation and debate, albeit, DON'T get personal, no name calling and no personal attacks.

I've already cleaned up a few posts, and I'm yet to hand out infractions, etc. So, let's keep along this same path and enjoy nice friendly conversation. [/warn]
    03-02-13 07:41 AM
125 123 ...