starting yesterday, i noticed that none of my alert sounds are working.. for instance when someone calls me or i get an email or a text message, the sounds that i assigned to these events arent happening.. it wont even vibrate when i set it to vibration... ive tried changing modes and double checking that the alerts are configured correctly (which they are and i never changed them originally when the problem started occuring).. i also noticed that the aarm, which i use everyday, isnt making sound.. the alert occurs but doesnt play the sound... the sound works though when i try playing music or a video off my phone.. its just like when someone calls me it doesnt work... is it possible that i hit some hot-key and activiated some silent mode?? it doesnt idicate any silent mode on the screen and i tried messing with the mute key too.. other than that i can hear people when i talk to them and they can hear me too.. its just the damn ringtone wont play when someone calls me! and that kinda defeats the purpose!! what should i do?
    07-15-09 07:27 AM
    are they preloaded tones or ones you made on your own? also, are they set up in the sound profiles through the phone or one you made on your own?
    07-15-09 02:13 PM
    I am having somewhat the same problem. I am not getting any kind of alert with email. Everything else seems to work fine, except email, there is no alert.
    07-16-09 10:37 AM
    Did you remember to take it out of bedside mode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:48 AM
    I had the same issue yesterday did 2 battery pulls and now it seems to be working fine. I have verizon and this option to have phone and messages have their own tones is new at least to me. I never had the storm. So i am thinking that the new software + this options is a little buggie.
    07-16-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD